The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this reminds me of every time i PA. on Eastbound and Down we had tons of extras. I had to stop them from taking pictures. Sure some are gonna get through the cracks. but I've stopped a lot. as in both cases the people that want them are gonna get them but you gotta try and stop what you can from getting out.

This however is different because its open on all sides. including the top. you cant control something like this.

Check out the end of this video where you can see some more of the progress they've made on the waterfront:

[video=youtube;d40xahoxSgE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d40xahoxSgE[/video]

OK so im probably wrong but do you think Universal put those tourist actors out by Jaws to make sure people don't try taking pictures because i tried 5 times to put my phone to the top of the fence an snap a pic. through out the day an every single time they came up to me an asked me what I was doing an then did their stupid spiel.

I wouldn't say that they flat out did, but I would say that's probably an added benefit of having them there. The point is determent. Obviously some people are going to take more of an initiative to get pictures and what happens off property Universal can't control but the point is to make it harder.

so basically they are security guard actors? What a weird job. Like others said, I don't really see the point. Most people that would care about any of this, already know the expansion is coming, and have seen numerous shots of the construction area. What is the purpose of being so secretive. Do you think Disney execs are aloof to the fact that an entire area of Universal has recently been leveled?

- - - Updated - - -

I liked the way Busch Gardens recently handled the construction of Cheetah Hunt, rather then try to hide it, they fuled the hype by posting construction updates and hard hat tours. That's the way you promote an attraction these days, not trying (and failing) to keep it a secret.

so basically they are security guard actors? What a weird job. Like others said, I don't really see the point. Most people that would care about any of this, already know the expansion is coming, and have seen numerous shots of the construction area. What is the purpose of being so secretive. Do you think Disney execs are aloof to the fact that an entire area of Universal has recently been leveled?

- - - Updated - - -

I liked the way Busch Gardens recently handled the construction of Cheetah Hunt, rather then try to hide it, they fuled the hype by posting construction updates and hard hat tours. That's the way you promote an attraction these days, not trying (and failing) to keep it a secret.

Cheetah hunt did not take 2 years to build.They are trying to slow down on "if they are building something new and I will not get on it I will go to Disney,Seaworld ,Busch Gardens,Legoland instead"They are not trying to keep it a secret just cut down on what the General public knows.
They will wait until after busy season (summer) and then HHN comes in after that Christmas advertising comes in .So I doubt there will be an Release of information this year.
Jan/feb then they will say we are almost finished with a brand new area .The rides may not be open but you can take in the sights of the area.

Has anyone thought what a london street scene will mean for the first HHN after opening (jack the ripper theme)

SADAD.jpg

Q.jpg

hard to tell in the pictures because I was driving and trying to take a picture but there seemed to be a lot going on in the Hollywood lot..hmm

Last edited:
That appears to be a water pump, but I only see one hose when there should be two. A water pump, pumps from one location to another. This would sync better for me if I could see some kind of coffer damn. BobWadd, do you see anything I am missing?

Interesting too that they are scooping out the pier foundations. To quote POTC, "what are ye doin?"

Status
Not open for further replies.