The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That appears to be a water pump, but I only see one hose when there should be two. A water pump, pumps from one location to another. This would sync better for me if I could see some kind of coffer damn. BobWadd, do you see anything I am missing?

Interesting too that they are scooping out the pier foundations. To quote POTC, "what are ye doin?"

First I would like to thank "John321" for the pictures.

The line you see in the pictures going to the water is the suction line.

I managed to find the discharge line in the pictures:

The pipe circled is the stand-pipe that the discharge line connects to.
Pump-002.jpg

You can see the discharge line in this picture.
Pump-001.jpg

At this time I am not sure what the are using the water for. It's possible it is just being used as a water source for dust control. As you pointed out Teebin, the is not a cofferdam in place.
We will not be going this weekend so as more pictures come in I will let you know if I figure anything out.

Pictures by "John321"

Will be interesting to watch the progress. Nice to see things happening after a period of stagnation.

As I posted regarding Hogsmeade, it is only 'apparent' stagnation in the former Jaws land. No one knew that they had built an entire new walkway until it was opened. There has been tons of stuff going on. 155 sticks on 8 acres tends to look like nothing after all.

The devil is so in the details. What is the exact location of the gas grills, fire hydrants, fountains, lamp posts, steam effects, water run off. They are surveying and marking the hell out of it all. Add to that, designers changing their mind just slightly.

You can see the discharge line in this picture.

Ah... see you knew right where it would be! Danke Bob!

Last edited:
For us :lol: I'm so jealous of those on the third floor its ridiculous.

Harry Potter will cover the apartments lol. An I wish I was in the apartments facing Jaws..do I hear 24/7 cam ?? lol

That's pretty neat that those apartments have a clear line of sight into universal for the time being. free nightly viewings of cinematic

^ People always make fun of me, when I sleep I have a noise machine and a fan that could probably pass for Twisters wind machine. When I lived in downtown Baltimore it was the only time of my life I didn't need anything to sleep, I just cracked open a window on the 26th floor and fell asleep to the sounds of the city :lol: For those who don't know downtown Baltimore it sounds like sirens, gunshots, public transportation and the sanitation department.

Only thing that would suck is the fireworks at night from the lagoon show an B&T during HHN

ok ok :focus:

hahahaha

More pics. When walking around the construction I smelt fresh lumber like when you go to Lowes/Home Depot. Also I saw a bunch of construction men with some Universal big wigs walking out of the construction area with a big thick booklet..probably contains what will be coming. Couldn't snap a pic though.

xzz5.jpg

xzz2.jpg

xzz.jpg

gg3.jpg

gg2.jpg

fdfdf3.jpg

Anyone care to give me an idea of why they would be disturbing foundation that has been there for 20+ years? I understand that they are draining water from the holes, but why holes in the first place? Amphitheater?

^ Few potential reasons, one is that they are going to build something heavy there that needs a firm footing. Other possibility is they will install a new wall inside the existing wall and then demolish the old when done. The current walls probably go deeper than the depth of the lagoon itself therefore they must dig deep. This would imply that they are completely redefining the waterfront lines.

^ Few potential reasons, one is that they are going to build something heavy there that needs a firm footing. Other possibility is they will install a new wall inside the existing wall and then demolish the old when done. The current walls probably go deeper than the depth of the lagoon itself therefore they must dig deep. This would imply that they are completely redefining the waterfront lines.

Wouldn't you think they'd build out rather than in though? I wish we knew more about this part of the project. It's nothing but a big question mark.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I could take pics on the other side.

I wish you could also!

Wouldn't you think they'd build out rather than in though? I wish we knew more about this part of the project. It's nothing but a big question mark.

- - - Updated - - -

I wish you could also!

I was so close lol some big shot Universal guys were walking with some construction workers with a thick folder..assuming the folder contained the new attraction.

I was so close lol some big shot Universal guys were walking with some construction workers with a thick folder..assuming the folder contained the new attraction.
Anyone know any spies..I used to have a suction cup shooter...Anywho I believe we are going to see a Waterfront village ala the old Amity one, only with more brilliant london-esque facades

Status
Not open for further replies.