The Falcon and the Winter Soldier | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Didn't they have to recast because of the snap? They wanted her aged up to be a Young Avenger, I mean even Tony Stark's Daughter had two people cast because of time stuff (yes yes they didn't use the footage but saying think it had less to do with the actors and more to do with time travel stuff)
Yes, but after they recasted with an older actress in Endgame they decided to recast again for Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania. Apparently they did so without even telling the actress from Endgame, which has rubbed some people the wrong way.

Yes, but after they recasted with an older actress in Endgame they decided to recast again for Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania. Apparently they did so without even telling the actress from Endgame, which has rubbed some people the wrong way.
I don't necessarily like that either, but if they are going to recast, now's the time to do it. Post-Snap Cassie was in two scenes - reuniting with her father and at Tony's funeral. While Cassie has been in three films, the true origin of Cassie Lang/Stature is likely to come in Ant-Man 3, so i'd rather they get any recasting out of the way now if it's gonna happen. I don't like recasting, but there has to have been a reason, because the last recastings the MCU did of a character that I can think of (who wasn't changing by age due to snap or whatever) was Rhodey in IM2 and then Banner in Avengers, which was all the way back in 2012.

I may be wrong on that (and i'm sure I am), but like I said, Marvel doesn't recast often so they had to have had a good reason for it.

Thats fair, I think they should have told her but I'm saying Storywise makes sense. The other kid would take ten plus years to be ready for the role they want to make happen within 3 years.

Thats fair, I think they should have told her but I'm saying Storywise makes sense. The other kid would take ten plus years to be ready for the role they want to make happen within 3 years.
Emma Fuhrman was only 5 years younger than Kathryn Newton. She definitely could've fit in with this group that they're building:

Emma Fuhrman was only 5 years younger than Kathryn Newton. She definitely could've fit in with this group that they're building:

Maybe they did just too good a job making me think she was like ten....but I could not see her fighting people within three years.

I feel bad for her but like another poster said the Wanda Boys could get aged up as well....so doubt its a personal think and more marvel is forcing young Avengers when we literally have X-men, Fantastic 4 and tons of other groups that could be before them

Maybe they did just too good a job making me think she was like ten....but I could not see her fighting people within three years.

I feel bad for her but like another poster said the Wanda Boys could get aged up as well....so doubt its a personal think and more marvel is forcing young Avengers when we literally have X-men, Fantastic 4 and tons of other groups that could be before them
The original actress to portray Cassie was around 10-12. Then the blip happened and she aged up 5 years, which is who Emma Fuhrman portrayed in a few scenes, but now she has been replaced.

The original actress to portray Cassie was around 10-12. Then the blip happened and she aged up 5 years, which is who Emma Fuhrman portrayed in a few scenes, but now she has been replaced.
lol

I already said this but people were arguing it was unfair to the actress....real above for more.

But yeah, I said it sucks but makes sense for the plan they are doing...even through in no way do we need the young Avengers yet

So I don't think Bucky or Sam are in any of the upcoming movies, right? I really think this show could easily get a second season and I could easily see a spin-off mini-series about young Isiah Bradley. There's actually a comic called Truth: Red, White & Black which it could easily be based on.

...even through in no way do we need the young Avengers yet
They are doing a very slow build to them and tbh I think Young Avengers will be a Disney+ series, not anything theatrical, anyway.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
At this point, with Ironheart; Patriot; Wiccan and Speed; American Chavez and Kate--they are setting themselves up for Young Avengers. And having it be as an "Event" series on Disney+ might be an idea that'd be worth going into.
Yeah, I think it'd be big for Disney+, but I don't see wide appeal for them quite yet for a movie.

Yeah, I think it'd be big for Disney+, but I don't see wide appeal for them quite yet for a movie.

I’m confident that general audiences will fall in love those characters. Everyone who reads their stories in the comics always comes away surprised at how endearing they are. And turning unpopular characters into household names is Marvel Studios’ specialty

It could come down to casting though, they have to get those selections right again.

I’m confident that general audiences will fall in love those characters. Everyone who reads their stories in the comics always comes away surprised at how endearing they are. And turning unpopular characters into household names is Marvel Studios’ specialty

It could come down to casting though, they have to get those selections right again.
I agree, but this isn't going to happen overnight, either. Some people aren't going to watch the Disney+ shows, so they aren't going to see the Hawkeye show, for example. Some people will only know the characters once they are introduced to mainline MCU, which is the movies.

Currently, by mid 2022, audiences should be more familiar with the Young Avengers as we will have:
- Miss America + Wiccan & Speed (Presumably) in Dr. Strange 2
- Not really sure if they are planning on Ms. Marvel being a part of this team, but she's in Captain Marvel 2
- Ant-Man 3 is going to sort of have Stature's origin as far as I can tell.

Still not associated with any movies as of now are:
- Kate Bishop
- Patriot
- Hulkling (assuming he's introduced in She-Hulk)

By about 2024, I think we'll be seeing a Young Avengers movie.

Hulkling is the one that I have no idea how they’re going to introduce. There’s a number of ways they can do it
I don't think they'll jump right into the relationship with Wiccan if that's what you're talking about. I think that'll be more of a slow and natural build, but who knows.

I don't think they'll jump right into the relationship with Wiccan if that's what you're talking about. I think that'll be more of a slow and natural build, but who knows.

I’m with you there. They should build up to that. I’m talking more about his origin, I think he might be one that they take some liberties with. If they want, they could find a way to introduce him in Secret Invasion or Captain Marvel 2. With Mar-Vell (his father in the comics) being a woman in the MCU, they’re going to have to make some changes

I’m with you there. They should build up to that. I’m talking more about his origin, I think he might be one that they take some liberties with. If they want, they could find a way to introduce him in Secret Invasion or Captain Marvel 2. With Mar-Vell (his father in the comics) being a woman in the MCU, they’re going to have to make some changes
I was thinking that something Captain Marvel related might be a way in since he's a hybrid Kree/Skrull. Yeah, now that you mention that, Secret Invasion might make the most sense, although Secret Invasion is sort of a big event series so I kind of assumed all characters would be set up already beforehand.

At this point, with Ironheart; Patriot; Wiccan and Speed; American Chavez and Kate--they are setting themselves up for Young Avengers. And having it be as an "Event" series on Disney+ might be an idea that'd be worth going into.
But why?

We could have started Xmen (which has WAY big enough cast for a show and movies) and Fantastic 4

It's not like I don't like the characters its more...why now and not in ten years? With the new characters we are getting and still old Avengers along with at some point having mutants come in...just seems like a lot of teams

But why?

We could have started Xmen (which has WAY big enough cast for a show and movies) and Fantastic 4

It's not like I don't like the characters its more...why now and not in ten years? With the new characters we are getting and still old Avengers along with at some point having mutants come in...just seems like a lot of teams

For a simple reason: We don't need to start the X-Men now. Introduce the Mutants slowly, have them appear over time and gradually. i'd assume that Young Avengers has been on the pipeline for some time, regardless of the Fox deal.