The Mandalorian | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

The Mandalorian

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's clearly meant to be the same spirit and consciousness, even if in a clone body, because if he's a completely new entity, then there's no resonance to bringing him back anyway. He's essentially an entirely different character in that circumstance, in which case, why are you bothering?

In any case, it's all highly questionable, and was a big mistake.

Hm. Novelizations are dubious in being considered canon most of the time
I agree that novels are dubious on if they are canon or not (until Filoni uses it), but what I referenced was the official TROS novelization, which is normally given more credence.

LucasArts FPS games released in 1995 probably also aren't canon, but here we are.

I'm actually pretty excited about that! :D

A Kyle Katarn sighting might just be more exciting than Bo-Katan! :)

LucasArts FPS games released in 1995 probably also aren't canon, but here we are.

I'm actually pretty excited about that! :D

A Kyle Katarn sighting might just be more exciting than Bo-Katan! :)
Yeah, Gideon is seemingly creating a dark trooper droid army, which is straight from the games.

Reactions: Skold
The troll in me hopes Ahsoka gets the Luke in TFA reveal and makes you all big mad for a year.

The troll in me hopes Ahsoka gets the Luke in TFA reveal and makes you all big mad for a year.
Yeah, thats what we need people getting screwed with.

I'll never get why people get enjoyment from making other unhappy.

People like the show but no, lets hope they screw with fans because people who don't enjot SW want to see the base upset? haha so funny

Filoni would never do that to his waifu
He'd do it to everyone who thought she was THEIR waifu

Yeah, thats what we need people getting screwed with.

I'll never get why people get enjoyment from making other unhappy.

People like the show but no, lets hope they screw with fans because people who don't enjot SW want to see the base upset? haha so funny
a) calm yourself. it's a joke, even if it's ribbing on the square.
b) A plurality of SW fanbase will be upset no matter what you do, just like any other fandom.
c) anyone who would actually get this angry over a cliffhanger in a series whose DNA IS cliffhangers in should probably do a little mirror time over how seriously they're taking a space opera.

Last edited:
He'd do it to everyone who thought she was THEIR waifu

a) calm yourself. it's a joke, even if it's ribbing on the square.
b) A plurality of SW fanbase will be upset no matter what you do, just like any other fandom.
c) anyone who would actually get this angry over a cliffhanger in a series whose DNA IS cliffhangers in should probably do a little mirror time over how seriously they're taking a space opera.
I guess

Mando, Star Wars Squadrons, Jedi Fallen Order and the new Thrawn books must have slipped past the community. I think SW only gives poop to products that haven't been fully thought out like the Sequels, Prequels, Resistance and Battlefront 2.

I have to trust that Favreau and Filoni are not going to explicitly tie themselves to the Palpatine stuff from THE RISE OF SKYWALKER. Being the fans they are (and Filoni being Lucas' protege), I can't imagine they were pleased with how the character was handled there and would likely want nothing to do with that storytelling decision.
The second we saw
cloning that needed midichlorians, I really don't think there is any other way this can go. This entire show is menat to bridge the gap between Original and Sequel Trilogies, and what happened to bring Palpatine back is a big thing that needed addressed. If I recall, there was even a theory that Snoke was an early, botched Palpatine clone, which I could see happening. I could even see some eventual storyline in a later season revolving around Rey's parents hiding her so they can't use her midichlorians to regenerate Palpatine.

The second we saw
cloning that needed midichlorians, I really don't think there is any other way this can go. This entire show is menat to bridge the gap between Original and Sequel Trilogies, and what happened to bring Palpatine back is a big thing that needed addressed. If I recall, there was even a theory that Snoke was an early, botched Palpatine clone, which I could see happening. I could even see some eventual storyline in a later season revolving around Rey's parents hiding her so they can't use her midichlorians to regenerate Palpatine.

I mean, I guess anything's possible, but in attempting to contain the damage that Palpatine's resurrection did (creatively), I think they risk making an even bigger hash of the decision.

I'm gonna need some citations for everyone saying this show was "meant to bridge the gap between ROTJ/TFA". I don't remember the show ever being described as such

There was some extremely generalized talk vaguely along those lines when the post-ROTJ setting was revealed, but it was never pitched as the reason for the show to exist.

There was some extremely generalized talk vaguely along those lines when the post-ROTJ setting was revealed, but it was never pitched as the reason for the show to exist.
I know there was talk about exploring the state of the universe for the regular people when there is no power structure in place across the galaxy, but that's different than "We're going to show the backstory for the sequel trilogy."

Reactions: belloq87
Disney killing off another of STAR WARS' most popular characters would certainly be right in line with their handling of the franchise thus far.

All the same, I can't see that happening for a while.

• Haha
Reactions: Skold
Did you expect Luke, Han, etc to live forever? I mean really, that’s incredibly unrealistic.

Disney killing off another of STAR WARS' most popular characters would certainly be right in line with their handling of the franchise thus far.

All the same, I can't see that happening for a while.
I mean, realistically, Ahsoka is getting older now by this point in time and just like Luke in TLJ (which I happen to think was executed excellently), she may see that in order for the Empire/First Order to not take over, she needs to sacrifice herself for the betterment of the Galaxy.

Rumor always has been she’s only in one episode this season.