The Mandalorian | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

The Mandalorian

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I will be amazed if she does any time soon. I can see it happening in the series eventually, as her absence makes no sense later on...but the existence of the character never made much logical sense in the first place

I will be amazed if she does any time soon. I can see it happening in the series eventually, as her absence makes no sense later on...but the existence of the character never made much logical sense in the first place
If I’m correct, there is some evidence that Ahsoka and Luke crossed paths at a certain point as well, and if that did happen in canon, then it makes it even more ridiculous that she wouldn’t be around for the sequels.

So either way, she’s gotta go eventually to explain her out.

Did you expect Luke, Han, etc to live forever? I mean really, that’s incredibly unrealistic.

I wouldn't phrase it that way, no. "Expect" and "forever," not at all.

Of course -- in universe -- they have to die eventually. I just didn't need to see that depicted, and it did nothing for me, emotionally. Similarly, when there was talk that Rocky Balboa might die in the CREED movies, or that Indiana Jones might die in INDY V (if we ever get it), I'm just not interested. Seeing my childhood heroes die onscreen isn't satisfying. Let them be. Leave their ultimate fates to our imaginations.

This is why RETURN OF THE JEDI will always be "my" ending of the STAR WARS saga, with the Sequel trilogy a series of sometimes entertaining, often flawed "What If?" stories.

I don't see Ahsoka dying. In the grand scheme on how Dave Filoni and his writing staff have laid that path of Post-Rebels, it wouldn't make sense to me that they'd flat out abandon the footnote of Sabine and Ahsoka trying to find Ezra from Rebels.

Reactions: belloq87
The only reason I could see Ahsoka die is because of her voice being heard in TROS.
And her voice being heard obviously means she dies at *some point*. I’m not saying it will happen immediately or even next season necessarily, but I have to think we’ll see it eventually.

Reactions: RevFreako
If Ahsoka is killed off the first time she is brought into live action, I’ll genuinely contemplate finishing the season..
I highly, HIGHLY doubt she would be. I was being a bit hyperbolic. But my overall point is that I wouldn't be surprised if at some point during the series, she makes the choice to sacrifice herself for The Child or we just see her death in whatever capacity it happens in perhaps a spin-off show (which is probably more likely). If we're going to be headed closer and closer to the sequels, it's going to be harder and harder for Filoni to keep her alive. She seemingly dies at some point in between (given she was a force voice in TROS), we just haven't seen it yet.

I mean she already escaped death once thanks to (ugh) time travel, so who knows what they’re going to do.
They showed why you can't just save everyone..she was a "fluke" or the force guided him to save her. But the Force is magic that many times doesn't make sense and think while we will see time traveling again it won't be abused.
But SW has a lot of conveniences....like how Mando last season should have died but a robot had the one thing that could save him, which begs the question why the hell all droids don't have Bacta tank on them?

Bringing this post back up as these are very likely our final hours of not knowing what live-action Ahsoka looks like and more importantly, what role she’ll play story-wise and if Gideon and her will duke it out. So many questions to be answered.
Just in case, I want everyone to briefly luxuriate in this moment of not knowing what a live-action Ashoka looks like.

Reactions: RevFreako
Bringing this post back up as these are very likely our final hours of not knowing what live-action Ahsoka looks like and more importantly, what role she’ll play story-wise and if Gideon and her will duke it out. So many questions to be answered.
I mean...it would be a short fight. She took out Inquisitors and was going toe to toe with Vader.

Also what are the chances Thrawn is introduced by the end of the season as the master mind? I saw a few people saying all this planning is Thrawns style and is a Rebels character so not a stretch to say he could be behind all this.

I mean...it would be a short fight. She took out Inquisitors and was going toe to toe with Vader.

Also what are the chances Thrawn is introduced by the end of the season as the master mind? I saw a few people saying all this planning is Thrawns style and is a Rebels character so not a stretch to say he could be behind all this.
Yes, Ahsoka vs Gideon 1v1 would be short, but you’ve also gotta factor in his Dark Trooper army (which we’ve also never seen in live action).

As far as Thrawn, I’d say chances are pretty good he shows up next season for sure. Maybe a cameo at the end of this season.

Yes, Ahsoka vs Gideon 1v1 would be short, but you’ve also gotta factor in his Dark Trooper army.
I thought they needed the Child before he could move forward with that?

I would hope they don't have those troopers ready yet....my Hope for them is we see one at the end of the season and its very powerful making everyone fear what would happen if an army of them got out.

I thought they needed the Child before he could move forward with that?

I would hope they don't have those troopers ready yet....my Hope for them is we see one at the end of the season and its very powerful making everyone fear what would happen if an army of them got out.
If I had to guess, I’d say Ahsoka gets trapped in this episode as they try to get her Midi-Chlorians instead.

Remember, they said they could only get a small amount from the child, but they could sure as hell get a lot from her.

If I had to guess, I’d say Ahsoka gets trapped in this episode as they try to get her Medi-Chlorians instead.

Remember, they said they could only get a small amount from the child, but they could sure as hell get a lot from her.
I like it, would for sure be a dark moment and would make sense why She doesn't take the child because she can't. Also she would for sure save the child even if it ment getting captured/dying so would be within her character.

Reactions: Nick
Just in case, I want everyone to briefly luxuriate in this moment of not knowing what a live-action Ashoka looks like.

I mean, we have seen a live-action version of Ahsoka's species. It probably won't look much different.

latest

Episode thoughts:
Good episode with lots of story. Almost over-the-top Filoni at times though. The Thrawn thing was interesting. On one hand, @Jerroddragon and I were just having a convo about him before the episode, so it wasn’t unpredictable, but she also didn’t tell Din. So was this just a set up for Season 3 (where we would presumably get more Ahsoka), or do you guys really think Thrawn will show up this season?

Also, what other Jedi would be left besides Luke? Ezra? It’s probably Ezra, but hasn’t he gone to the dark side with Thrawn? Either way, i’m much more confident that Luke will show up at some point after this episode than before it.

I mean, we have seen a live-action version of Ahsoka's species. It probably won't look much different.

latest
Felt like I was watching a Clone Wars episode half the time. Also, while we did know what her kind looked like, I was speaking to Ahsoka herself. I kinda felt like her Lekku should’ve been longer, but whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Episode thoughts:
Good episode with lots of story. Almost over-the-top Filoni at times though. The Thrawn thing was interesting. On one hand, @Jerroddragon and I were just having a convo about him before the episode, so it wasn’t unpredictable, but she also didn’t tell Din. So was this just a set up for Season 3 (where we would presumably get more Ahsoka), or do you guys really think Thrawn will show up this season?

Also, what other Jedi would be left besides Luke? Ezra? It’s probably Ezra, but i’m much more confident that Luke will show up at some point after this episode than before it.

Felt like I was watching a Clone Wars episode half the time :lol:
I honestly don't think they're gonna tackle Thrawn at all in mando, even though he was mentioned. Bringing him in would kinda require bringing Ezra in and Sabine and probably most of the remaining Rebels cast, which would just turn the entire show into a Rebels sequel series lite. I feel like if anything it's just setting up a Rebels sequel series in the next couple of years. Not to mention Thrawn is a big enough villain that he would overshadow Moff Gideon the second he shows up, so I have a feeling they'd have to kill off Gideon entirely if they ever wanted to bring Thrawn in at all, which doesn't seem to really be in the cards, at least for a long while.