The Mandalorian | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

The Mandalorian

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Contrarian view I know, but weakest episode of the season for me (even if I still enjoyed it).

While I appreciated some aspects of this, like the Tarantino Lite samurai movie homages, but this show is quickly turning into even more of a back-door pilot factory than Happy Days or All in the Family (which I guess fits its 70s TV roots). I don't know that it needs to tease a half dozen new series featuring obscure characters who never entered the public consciousness or sold merch like Baby Yoda does fo feed the showrunner's ego. Easter eggs are one thing, making Mando the de facto guest star in what is basically an episode of another character''s show is another.

I get people who don’t like the name checks and rapid pace that animated characters are showing up at.

However, I fully believe the future of Star Wars changed for about the next 7-10 years after last night’s episode. And I’m talking as far down the line in-universe as affecting the post 7-9 era movies.

Hasn’t Ezra potentially gone to the dark side based on what we know? He would be the most interesting to come for Grogu. I think we could see Ezra actually help to bring out Grogu’s dark tendencies, via orders from Thrawn.

Yeah, well this was a minor battle for her. She’s almost definitely getting a spin-off, so, she won’t die in The Mandalorian.

Around the midpoint of Rebels when Maul was still around there were some hints at Ezra falling to the dark side, but by the end, especially with him basically sacrificing himself and launching himself and Thrawn into the unknown regions, he was pretty firmly cemented in the light. I also just don't really expect him to show up again this soon, especially in Mandalorian. The search for him and Thrawn being set up at the very end of rebels makes me think theyre gonna be looking for him at least a full season of a separate show before he pops up again, though since we assume the magistrate knows where Thrawn is, they might just skip over all that and save it for future stories.

Reactions: Nick
Around the midpoint of Rebels when Maul was still around there were some hints at Ezra falling to the dark side, but by the end, especially with him basically sacrificing himself and launching himself and Thrawn into the unknown regions, he was pretty firmly cemented in the light. I also just don't really expect him to show up again this soon, especially in Mandalorian. The search for him and Thrawn being set up at the very end of rebels makes me think theyre gonna be looking for him at least a full season of a separate show before he pops up again, though since we assume the magistrate knows where Thrawn is, they might just skip over all that and save it for future stories.
Any chance you think Mace is somehow still around?

Any chance you think Mace is somehow still around?
I wouldn't bet on it, but it's not necessarily impossible. Would certainly bring up the question of what one of the most powerful jedi in the galaxy had been doing for the last 30 ish years, since they probably really could have used him for a lot of that, but if Obi Wan and Yoda can hide out mostly undetected I guess its not entirely out of the question.

I wouldn't bet on it, but it's not necessarily impossible. Would certainly bring up the question of what one of the most powerful jedi in the galaxy had been doing for the last 30 ish years, since they probably really could have used him for a lot of that, but if Obi Wan and Yoda can hide out mostly undetected I guess its not entirely out of the question.
I *highly* doubt it's him. It's either Ezra, Luke or Cal Kestis (my personal hope), i'd think. Although, isn't it possible for someone on the darkside strong with the force to respond?

I think Ezra makes more sense to appear first into an Ahsoka spin-off show, BUT I can see them maybe wanting to backwards pilot him in Mando, introducing him to the masses now so he's more known mainstream going forward into the Thrawn/Ahsoka/Ezra story line that will inevitably happen in a spinoff (and also so they can sell Ezra action figures/Hot Toys).

I *highly* doubt it's him. It's either Ezra, Luke or Cal Kestis (my personal hope), i'd think. Although, isn't it possible for someone on the darkside strong with the force to respond?

I think Ezra makes more sense to appear first into an Ahsoka spin-off show, BUT I can see them maybe wanting to backwards pilot him in Mando, introducing him to the masses now so he's more known mainstream going forward into the Thrawn/Ahsoka/Ezra story line that will inevitably happen in a spinoff (and also so they can sell Ezra action figures/Hot Toys).
If it ends up being a returning character my money's on Cal or maaaybe Kyle Katarn's big return to canon. Luke is the one I see being thrown around a lot, and it would make a lot of sense for him to show up, but it feels just a little too big of a character to show up, though that might be a bit moot since Boba Fett and Ahsoka have already popped up. If it does end up being a dark side user, it could be pretty neat if its someone original to the show, since other than Moff Gideon we really don't have any recurring original villains.

If it ends up being a returning character my money's on Cal or maaaybe Kyle Katarn's big return to canon. Luke is the one I see being thrown around a lot, and it would make a lot of sense for him to show up, but it feels just a little too big of a character to show up, though that might be a bit moot since Boba Fett and Ahsoka have already popped up. If it does end up being a dark side user, it could be pretty neat if its someone original to the show, since other than Moff Gideon we really don't have any recurring original villains.
It would be cool if whoever it is is original to the show, but not if it's a Jedi. It would make little sense if they added another jedi to the fold who just conveniently sat out fighting the Empire and multiple Death Stars.

As far as Luke goes, i'd take him if only he was used correctly. Don't pour it on, but fill in the gaps of where he's at at this point in time I guess. I don't want/need a Luke spin-off show and if he were to be in this show, I only want extremely small doses. But basically, unless Sebastian Stan is playing him, count me as not interested.

Since I don't think this is spoilers since its all speculation...if we were to see Mace Return the Boba fett show is where I think that could happen.

Rumors are Boba Fett will be getting a show as well, and think showing his origins could lead to see Mace again, also I hope the we do see a Boba show mainly because I do like the set up of Mando season one where he is a hunter for hire and that is going to take a back seat so down to see boba who for sure is much colder than Mando is going out and hunting people.

Since I don't think this is spoilers since its all speculation...if we were to see Mace Return the Boba fett show is where I think that could happen.

Rumors are Boba Fett will be getting a show as well, and think showing his origins could lead to see Mace again, also I hope the we do see a Boba show mainly because I do like the set up of Mando season one where he is a hunter for hire and that is going to take a back seat so down to see boba who for sure is much colder than Mando is going out and hunting people.
Boba Fett trying to hunt down Mace for revenge would make for a pretty interesting story if they wanted to do like a one season miniseries or something, though the "existing antagonist character who was thought to be dead returns and hunts down jedi who previously wronged him" story was kinda already done with Maul and Obi Wan, so maybe they could spice it up a bit and have it just be someone posing as Mace to lure him into a trap or something, just something to mix it up a little.

Boba Fett trying to hunt down Mace for revenge would make for a pretty interesting story if they wanted to do like a one season miniseries or something, though the "existing antagonist character who was thought to be dead returns and hunts down jedi who previously wronged him" story was kinda already done with Maul and Obi Wan, so maybe they could spice it up a bit and have it just be someone posing as Mace to lure him into a trap or something, just something to mix it up a little.
If they do it will be different tones and especially if they get Jackson to play Mace.

I would be down to see Mace, who if those don't know him LOVED the republic (which is kinda why he sucks as a jedi wayyyyyyy to poltical) and see who he is after all the events of the Empire rising.

I’m sure Samuel L. Jackson wants to return as Mace, but I just don’t really have much interest.
I love the actor but hated the Character....but think a truly broken Jedi could be interesting. I see him being broken like Jorus C'baoth from the old lore.

So in terms of the next episode, do you guys think we go straight to our destination and the final 3 episodes are serialized (similar to Season 1) or do you think we'll have one more episode before he ultimately goes to where Ahsoka told him to go?

I believe Robert Rodriguez, Rick Famuyiwa are the next two directors. I don't think we know who will be directing the Season finale yet, but if it's not Taika again, I hope it's Favreau.

So in terms of the next episode, do you guys think we go straight to our destination and the final 3 episodes are serialized (similar to Season 1) or do you think we'll have one more episode before he ultimately goes to where Ahsoka told him to go?

I believe Robert Rodriguez, Rick Famuyiwa are the next two directors. I don't think we know who will be directing the Season finale yet, but if it's not Taika again, I hope it's Favreau.
We may get a detour...but I think by the end of the episode we will have the starting of the finale story/arc of the season.

I mean maybe they are saving it for later...but very surprised Bill Barr and his crew haven't shown up for revenge so maybe next episode or they are just waiting for them to come back in season 3 teaming up with the Empire or other Hunters.

We may get a detour...but I think by the end of the episode we will have the starting of the finale story/arc of the season.

I mean maybe they are saving it for later...but very surprised Bill Barr and his crew haven't shown up for revenge so maybe next episode or they are just waiting for them to come back in season 3 teaming up with the Empire or other Hunters.
Rick Famuyiwa wrote and directed the episode with Burr’s crew. He also wrote and directed 15, but I can’t see how they’d fit in at that point in the season.

Rick Famuyiwa wrote and directed the episode with Burr’s crew. He also wrote and directed 15, but I can’t see how they’d fit in at that point in the season.
The empire busted them out of Republic jail and they are more soldiers to send on him (Bill character was in the Empire at one point to) but maybe they are saving them to come back next season. Either way I'd bet a great deal the last two episodes are linked like last time and next episode the first half is its own thing but by the end is linking to the finale episodes.

Reactions: Nick
The empire busted them out of Republic jail and they are more soldiers to send on him (Bill character was in the Empire at one point to) but maybe they are saving them to come back next season. Either way I'd bet a great deal the last two episodes are linked like last time and next episode the first half is its own thing but by the end is linking to the finale episodes.
I’d think that’s pretty likely as well.

L;ast I checked--Taika's out for this season. It'll probably be Faverau or Filoni.

Reactions: joelbryant11