The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 504 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The numbers have dropped; not significantly, but they've dropped the past couple of days.

Some people are so dramatic

I was thinking they could do a little Wyandot Estate magic, if HoHH backs out
That would be perfect and I might prefer that lol. Also the reason the Icons Ad might not have dropped is because they were rumored to be filming the bent neck lady as well that day so maybe there’s more then just icons in the ad. If hill house doesn’t happen this year I don’t see Netflix not allowing its use maybe next year when it’s safer. Time will tell

The numbers have dropped; not significantly, but they've dropped the past couple of days.

Some people are so dramatic

I was thinking they could do a little Wyandot Estate magic, if HoHH backs out
The numbers have dropped over the last couple days, but I dont wanna jump the gun. It would be great if things kept dropping and florida got a bit more under control in time for the event, but I feel like this is just gonna be followed by another big spike in a few days.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Can someone explain how these last minute rights disputes happen? Is it not a binding deal where the rights owners can just back out at any time? Or is it more that Universal is unwilling to move forward even if legally entitled if the rights owner is uncomfortable?

Also I’m not a rights expert but the haunting of hill house was originally a book written in the 1950s. Could they do a version based on the book? Obviously couldn’t have the bent neck lady but I’ve read the book and they could do a pretty good house based on it.

Can someone explain how these last minute rights disputes happen? Is it not a binding deal where the rights owners can just back out at any time? Or is it more that Universal is unwilling to move forward even if legally entitled if the rights owner is uncomfortable?

Also I’m not a rights expert but the haunting of hill house was originally a book written in the 1950s. Could they do a version based on the book? Obviously couldn’t have the bent neck lady but I’ve read the book and they could do a pretty good house based on it.
From what I'm aware of, as far as the deals for the IP rights for mazes go, they're only for a very short timeframe and probably come with some kind of clause that allows the right holders to pull out at any time for any reason, which probably makes it easier to secure the rights at all, since forcing the owners to let you have them no matter what once the agreement is made can probably scare some rights holders off if theyre concerned about how their property is gonna be portrayed.

Reactions: londonwerecat

Probably not a rights issue, but being respectful and not ticking off a valuable partner?

Just keep in mind that at the end of the day, this is all still a guessing game - and it applies to the most accurate insiders. Even in the past, I've been told an announcement was happening and something changes (or it was wrong intel). Needless to say, this year's issues are greater and causing plans to be a bit more wobbly. I know we all want an announcement, and are going to look towards any hints as a sign; but as it's been stated ad nauseam this year - expect nothing. It'll happen when it happens.

As a side note - I am pretty surprised we at least didn't get ticket info.

As a side note - I am pretty surprised we at least didn't get ticket info.

That’s the biggest takeaway for me. Universal is literally making zero revenue today for an event that is less than 50 days away. I don’t think this has ever happened. Even the vacation packages that included the R.I.P. tours were taken down.

In the comments of the Chris Ripley tweet, someone is claiming that they have inside info that the event is going to get cancelled and the decision was made in the last two days. They also claim the people they heard it from have never been wrong. I don’t believe it, but it’s something
I highly doubt anything cancellation related was decided in the last two days seeing as they literally just did the lead draft for the event. Wouldn't take that with any seriousness honestly. Anything can happen, but the timing would be very odd :lol:

That’s the biggest takeaway for me. Universal is literally making zero revenue today for an event that is less than 50 days away. I don’t think this has ever happened. Even the vacation packages that included the R.I.P. tours were taken down.

I'm also surprised. BOGO coming down makes sense. Flex Tickets also being pulled from the site is... weird.

I'm just glad that I paid extra for the "cancel for any reason" insurance when I booked my vacation package earlier this week.

I'm not gonna completely write off the possibility of cancelation, since it happened to hollywood, but from what I understand Universal has probably sunk too much money into the preparation and casting for the event to drop the whole thing now for seemingly no reason, especially when they're pretty much banking on the event to help them turn a profit this year. IP holders getting antsy could theoretcially be the reason, but thats never been the case in the past. Along with that, the only reason hollywood ended up falling through is because the current situation in california makes it basically impossible to have the event, and likely wont be much better by september, but Orlando has no such restrictions. Until we start hearing from more than one source that the event is dead, I'd say we shouldn't be too worried yet.

Cancellation seems like utter nonsense the store opens tomorrow and they were working on the MIB facade legit yesterday. Somebody on twitter wanted to start lies so everybody would give up hope and start the will it- will it not discussion all over again that we have seen all year long.

Status
Not open for further replies.