The Old KidZone Thread | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take you more seriously without the sarcasm big man.

Surprisingly less sarcasm than I normally use, and I don't feel that I was too harsh in that last statement. I mean, if someone actually did research instead of making blind assumptions with no backing evidence, I probably wouldn't have responded in the first place.

As for Spielberg, he's a huge fan of Transformers old cartoons and toys. It was his idea to have the first film focus on Sam Witwicky and Bumblebee's friendship, whom Spielberg described as his favorite Transformer. His approach was what attracted Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman to write the films. Spielberg gave feedback on each draft of the script. As for RRR, Simpsons, and Potter, you don't think he had some influence of acquiring some of those properties? He more than likely doesn't work on just his own properties when it comes to his consulting position.

Having studied film, you're the first person I've heard ever call "Executive Producer" a throwaway term in the movie industry. So that would be news for me.

Surprisingly less sarcasm than I normally use, and I don't feel that I was too harsh in that last statement. I mean, if someone actually did research instead of making blind assumptions with no backing evidence, I probably wouldn't have responded in the first place.

As for Spielberg, he's a huge fan of Transformers old cartoons and toys. It was his idea to have the first film focus on Sam Witwicky and Bumblebee's friendship, whom Spielberg described as his favorite Transformer. His approach was what attracted Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman to write the films. Spielberg gave feedback on each draft of the script. As for RRR, Simpsons, and Potter, you don't think he had some influence of acquiring some of those properties? He more than likely doesn't work on just his own properties when it comes to his consulting position.

Having studied film, you're the first person I've heard ever call "Executive Producer" a throwaway term in the movie industry. So that would be news for me.

It wasn't a blind assumption, and I never meant to say he had 'no power'...but I had heard he had less and less pull in the parks. And no, I'm sure he acquires other projects but at the same time, look at the old days--he had more properties in the park that were 'his'. Also, executive producer credits can amount to some power, but are often (today) handed out to high-ranking people to help promote the movie--want Spielberg's name on a non-Spielberg project? Give him an exec producer credit. Sure he had some say in the outcome of the movie but his title as executive producer may be just that--a title. The point is, it was something I had heard, not a blind assumption, so thank you for correcting me, even though you've let the surprisingly small amount of knowledge you have (about a theme park) go to your head which makes me smile.

In any case, I like ET but it is a pretty strange ride. An update definitely would not hurt it. And a Spongebob or Nick area definitely would appeal to the lower demographic Uni is missing.

The point is, it was something I had heard, not a blind assumption, so thank you for correcting me, even though you've let the surprisingly small amount of knowledge you have (about a theme park) go to your head which makes me smile.

Very glad that another of your assumptions puts a smirk on your face and a spring in your step. If you'd like to continue the conversation, feel free to PM me, have an open door policy.

Either way. Just to get back on topic and not derail the conversation anymore, I still have faith that ET will be an attraction at Universal for a minimum 5-10 more years. Still gets crowds, easy to maintain, very low downtime, and a much needed family friendly ride. Could use a long refurb and upgrade, and I hope it will in the near future. Ain't broke, don't fix it.

Dear Santa,

For Christmas I would love it if you would bring a copy of Spongebob Rock Bottom Plunge to Universal Studios Kidzone area.

A really great Gerstlauer coaster. I'd love to have it here, but some some would probably argue that it's not kid-friendly enough.

Last edited:
Even though this is a KidZone thread, lets not act like kids.

:focus:

It would be great if ET got an upgrade. I'm not a fan of that ride going away anymore than Spielberg is. ET is classic and a timeless story, if they want they can reroute the queue to keep it separate from Kidzone to maintain theming, but no one at Universal really wants to get rid of ET. And no one wants to go against Spielberg. That man has more weight at the company than any of us really know.

A really great Gerstlauer coaster. I'd love to have it here, but some some would probably argue that it's not kid-friendly enough.

Yeah it doesn't look kid friendly at all, but if Universal was to bring this ride into the studios, they would make family friendly adjustments. Just thinking about it, a whole area on Nickelodeon would be great with mixing current generation products and classic Nick products like the game shows.

This.

Or a Eurofighter

Idk what it is about those coasters but I love the look and it would work perfectly with what I think we're dreaming of

Even though this is a KidZone thread, lets not act like kids.

:focus:

I apologize for that. A lot of stress lately, and I come on here to talk about cool stuff, not get attacked because I made a wrong call. Anyways, my apologies, no more kid stuff :)

Is there any really weight to all this KidZone speculation anyway? I mean it seems that there are a few ideas getting thrown around but is there any indication that this area is even due for a renovation? Or is this just sort of wishful brainstorming?

I apologize for that. A lot of stress lately, and I come on here to talk about cool stuff, not get attacked because I made a wrong call. Anyways, my apologies, no more kid stuff :)

Is there any really weight to all this KidZone speculation anyway? I mean it seems that there are a few ideas getting thrown around but is there any indication that this area is even due for a renovation? Or is this just sort of wishful brainstorming?

Nothing besides strong rumors from folks on the boards who tend to be in the know. Just keep in mind that these types of rumors preceded Transformers, WWoHP Ph.2, Springfield, and CineSpec. I believe it, but as always, nothing is certain until Uni says so.

We won't see any movement of this rumor until Potter 2.0 opens. Right now it's nothing but pure speculation.

I'd like to see a World of DreamWorks with rides/attractions based on Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, and Madagascar. Maybe a copy of the Madagascar Boat Ride in Singapore, a How To Train Your Dragon family coaster, and a Kung Fu Panda trackless dark ride.

Oh yeah......and keep ET! It's a Uni Classic! (needs some TLC though)

I think I would rather see a trackless dark ride geared towards the 40inch and above crowd. It maybe me, but I think the water rides being at IOA is more than enough water rides for the entire resort, however, a scenic boat ride would be would be something different in the studios. I would also like to see a family friendly flat ride package show up as well. The entire resort only has 3 "traditional" flat rides, and after simpsons it would have 4. I think more can be added and in a "it doesnt look like a six flags park" fashion.

I think I would rather see a trackless dark ride geared towards the 40inch and above crowd. It maybe me, but I think the water rides being at IOA is more than enough water rides for the entire resort, however, a scenic boat ride would be would be something different in the studios. I would also like to see a family friendly flat ride package show up as well. The entire resort only has 3 "traditional" flat rides, and after simpsons it would have 4. I think more can be added and in a "it doesnt look like a six flags park" fashion.
Regarding the Water Rides, your not the only one. I presented this same idea, only to be shut down by the majority on the forum. I agree with you though.

Well you are getting a flat ride in Springfield, so I think Universal might be thinking the same way.

The whole resort would benefit from smaller experiences (read - rides) to compliment it's larger rides. Most of Islands of Adventures rides are larger, D to E-ticket affairs, with nothing else besides play areas to compliment them. Marvel & Seuss work well, but Toon Lagoon and arguably Jurassic Park and even Lost Continent suffer from this, as do most of the areas besides KidZone in the Studios. Both parks would benefit from some small C-ticket level dark rides, boat rides, and/or flat rides.

The whole resort would benefit from smaller experiences (read - rides) to compliment it's larger rides. Most of Islands of Adventures rides are larger, D to E-ticket affairs, with nothing else besides play areas to compliment them. Marvel & Seuss work well, but Toon Lagoon and arguably Jurassic Park and even Lost Continent suffer from this, as do most of the areas besides KidZone in the Studios. Both parks would benefit from some small C-ticket level dark rides, boat rides, and/or flat rides.

Agreed all around.

Agreed.

From my original idea......maybe a Madagascar boat ride, a Kung Fu Panda trackless dark ride, and a How To Train Your Dragon themed area with junior coaster (like the Shrek one in Singapore), a couple of smaller flats, and a play area complete with animatronic dragons and/or special effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.