The Old KidZone Thread | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of them. Legends of the Hidden Temple, Guts, Double Dare. Whatever. If the land ends up being Nick-based, bring back some classics. People would go nuts for Double Dare, IMO.

Definitely agree. And you could get the whole family involved in Double Dare.

But damn, I'd love a crack at the Silver Monkey :lol:

There is no contract with Dreamworks.

And just because there is action in a movie, it doesn't mean the attraction has to include it. All the classic Disney movies have elements of action in them, and there is still slow moving non restrictive dark rides for them.

Elements of action are different than action movies...could you see Transformers being a successful family dark ride? There's no story it has to tell, the point is the action, and considering the plausible ride vehicle is EVAC, a transforming vehicle helping you fight the battle, it has to be a thrill ride.
Look at The Avengers--would that really work as a family ride? Especially when it's target audience was teens and young males? No, but that was one of the year's highest grossing films. You can't honestly compare Peter Pan and The Little Mermaid's 'elements of action' to today's blockbusters lol

Elements of action are different than action movies...could you see Transformers being a successful family dark ride? There's no story it has to tell, the point is the action, and considering the plausible ride vehicle is EVAC, a transforming vehicle helping you fight the battle, it has to be a thrill ride.
Look at The Avengers--would that really work as a family ride? Especially when it's target audience was teens and young males? No, but that was one of the year's highest grossing films. You can't honestly compare Peter Pan and The Little Mermaid's 'elements of action' to today's blockbusters lol

You were talking about How To Train Your Dragon. Not Transformers. HTTYD could easily be turned into a family dark ride.

You were talking about How To Train Your Dragon. Not Transformers. HTTYD could easily be turned into a family dark ride.

Right, but the problem is, there's no telling how relevant that will stay, and therefore how its staying power as a ride will be. My whole point is, the blockbusters of today that Universal wants to theme their attractions to do not lend themselves well to kids rides.

Right, but the problem is, there's no telling how relevant that will stay, and therefore how its staying power as a ride will be. My whole point is, the blockbusters of today that Universal wants to theme their attractions to do not lend themselves well to kids rides.

Because they're building huge, mega E-tickets right now. A KidZone redo isn't going to be like that.

Well there is TV show out, 3 direct-to-dvd movies released and 2 sequels that are coming out over the next 4 years. :lol:

Blockbusters are almost never family films. Something like ET is a rarity and why it's attraction is justified.

Because they're building huge, mega E-tickets right now. A KidZone redo isn't going to be like that.

...exactly lol. Universal struggles with children's attractions, it was pointed out in this thread. Why? Because ET is arguably Universal's most timeless children attraction that could be translated to an attraction. Almost nothing else in their library has the same timeless quality and family quality Disney's dark ride cartoons have. Which is why their projects are all big E-tickets...that's the whole point of accusing them of being low on children's rides.

- - - Updated - - -

Blockbusters are almost never family films. Something like ET is a rarity and why it's attraction is justified.

Exactly!

Am I not making any sense here..? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Well there is TV show out, 3 direct-to-dvd movies released and 2 sequels that are coming out over the next 4 years. :lol:

Back to the Future had two sequels and a TV show and that attraction didn't last.

...exactly lol. Universal struggles with children's attractions, it was pointed out in this thread. Why? Because ET is arguably Universal's most timeless children attraction that could be translated to an attraction. Almost nothing else in their library has the same timeless quality and family quality Disney's dark ride cartoons have. Which is why their projects are all big E-tickets...that's the whole point of accusing them of being low on children's rides.

Newsflash: The three E-tickets, new land, and new miniland currently under construction at USF aren't using Universal properties.

I don't think Universal struggles with childrens attractions. Seuss Landing is pretty dang good. They just haven't built any childrens attractions since then.

I don't think it SHOULD happen, but I think it probably will happen.

Honestly though, if you really imagine what Uni could do with that amount of space with the amount of tech they have and will have in the future...even if it isnt spongebob, (which makes sense due to the store but it doesnt have to be) it still would be incredible so Im excited for whatever they do with this area

I played around in camp jurassic for like 30 45 minutes and could have gone on much longer haha #littlekidatheart

Back to the Future had two sequels and a TV show and that attraction didn't last.

Back to the Future: The Ride was around for 16 years. That's not lasting?:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly though, if you really imagine what Uni could do with that amount of space with the amount of tech they have and will have in the future...even if it isnt spongebob, (which makes sense due to the store but it doesnt have to be) it still would be incredible so Im excited for whatever they do with this area

Oh, I have no doubt whatever they did would be amazing. I just don't think Spongebob is the right choice.

There's a VERY big different between struggling with kids rides and simply not trying to build them.

16 years is a pretty long life span.

Newsflash: The three E-tickets, new land, and new miniland currently under construction at USF aren't using Universal properties.

I don't think Universal struggles with childrens attractions. Seuss Landing is pretty dang good. They just haven't built any childrens attractions since then.

I agree. And neither is Nick. I don't see why people still think this is a problem with Universal or Disney. Anything has a price.

I should've said in general, not just Universal...Disney does it right, but no other movie properties lend themselves like Disney classic cartoons do.

And Seuss is not something that would happen today without movie overlays--theme parks today don't take the risks IoA did.

I should've said in general, not just Universal...Disney does it right, but no other movie properties lend themselves like Disney classic cartoons do.

And Seuss is not something that would happen today without movie overlays--theme parks today don't take the risks IoA did.

Just because it's a Disney movie doesn't mean it'll be a great ride. See: Little Mermaid.

And looking past the tech issues, Universal did pretty well with its Madagascar Crate Adventure. There's other family movies out there besides Disney films.

Status
Not open for further replies.