The WWE Thread | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

The WWE Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally thought the HHH/Bryan segment was great and the Usos winning the title was a fun moment, wouldn't say AWFUL RAW as I liked it for the most part.

Batista got a bad match out of Bryan, this dude simply cannot go in the ring at all, all he does is sell badly 90 percent of the match and then comes back and hits a powerbomb, also a heel vs heel mania title match is a joke and I doubt they go with a three way. Also, IDK why you guys are so quick to say Bryan's being buried? He's playing an underdog role, hes not supposed to be Stone Cold attacking Vince every week or coming out in a beer truck,I think the angle is being built up well.

But did you guys watch the NXT special last week? If not watch Cesaro vs Zayn, you'll thank me later

Hopefully Bryan pulls double duty. Any ending less than Bryan winning the titles at Mania is a failure. The only problem is they probably guaranteed a title win in Batista's contract. All I know is, Batista/Orton will reach Goldberg/Lesnar territory, but this time Stone Cold won't be out there to give the crowd someone to cheer for.

I think its time for Sting to retire, I would love to see him come back in the sense Hogan is, meaning he is staying the hell out of the ring. Even if he gets in shape I would MUCH rather see Taker fight Cesaro, Sheamus, Cena, Reigns, Wyatt, or Rollins at a mania. Sting vs Taker will have too much hype and would have been a classic in 2001 but its 2014 and I just have no desire to see another old guy come in and take a spot away from a future star.

Sting wouldn't take anyone's spot. Taker chooses who he wrestles and I don't see him training to put a younger guy over at this point. He'd get a big check for a Sting match. It's still a dream match. Give Sting a year to train and I'm sure he'd put on a good match... maybe even great.

I don't think Punk is coming back anytime soon, but he's still young enough to take some time off and come back. If he's thinking about a UFC career it will be a disaster. His body can't take the punishment wrestling dishes out, I don't see how he'll be able to hold up, at his age (ironically enough), to do anything significant.

Personally thought the HHH/Bryan segment was great and the Usos winning the title was a fun moment, wouldn't say AWFUL RAW as I liked it for the most part.

Batista got a bad match out of Bryan, this dude simply cannot go in the ring at all, all he does is sell badly 90 percent of the match and then comes back and hits a powerbomb, also a heel vs heel mania title match is a joke and I doubt they go with a three way. Also, IDK why you guys are so quick to say Bryan's being buried? He's playing an underdog role, hes not supposed to be Stone Cold attacking Vince every week or coming out in a beer truck,I think the angle is being built up well.

But did you guys watch the NXT special last week? If not watch Cesaro vs Zayn, you'll thank me later

I dont see how Bryan isn't being buried is the hottest wrestler of the current time, WWE needs to make him the champion before he becomes the most over wrestler never to be wwe champion for more then a week. The underdog role is great, but it's week in week out, it would be fine but he should have been in the championship at mania finally getting his big win. But he isn't he's dumped with HHH who puts a wet towel on every interesting storyline, i.e. summer of punk, undertakers streak. HHH has never and never will be a draw, it's always the other guy he is partnered with.

The Shield storyline is interesting and should make a great wrestlemania match along with Cena Vs Wyatt and obviously Taker/Lesnar. But HHH/Bryan I just cant get behind its the same crap constantly. It wouldn't surprise me if HHH went over Bryan because of his huge ego either, hell he did go over Lesnar and Punk when it would have benefited them.

I dont see how Bryan isn't being buried is the hottest wrestler of the current time, WWE needs to make him the champion before he becomes the most over wrestler never to be wwe champion for more then a week. The underdog role is great, but it's week in week out, it would be fine but he should have been in the championship at mania finally getting his big win. But he isn't he's dumped with HHH who puts a wet towel on every interesting storyline, i.e. summer of punk, undertakers streak. HHH has never and never will be a draw, it's always the other guy he is partnered with.

The Shield storyline is interesting and should make a great wrestlemania match along with Cena Vs Wyatt and obviously Taker/Lesnar. But HHH/Bryan I just cant get behind its the same crap constantly. It wouldn't surprise me if HHH went over Bryan because of his huge ego either, hell he did go over Lesnar and Punk when it would have benefited them.

This. WWE was listening to the fans back when Austin was set to win the championship at WM, and he was about the same point DB is right now in his WWF "face" career. And his lead up to the championship run was great too. He was basically the unnofficial headliner. They're setting the next big run up for Roman Reigns not DB. If you don't think Bryan is getting buried look at this way: Had Punk not left DB would be wrestling Kane at WM. But they sure do like taking the money DB generates and touting the "Yes!" movement. HHH ruined the Punk face run when he decided he wanted to be the "main guy" and the face, because he didn't think Punk was "big enough." Though Punk generated the most merch sales and live show events, just under John Cena, he was places in horrible angel after horrible angle with his main feud being John Laurinaitis. HHH tried to undercut DB's push by burying him in promos, like HBK used to do to people.

I don't see HHH putting himself over DB at WM as he used up that capital with Punk's run. He has to be the heel now and they don't want to lose the momentum of the "Yes!" movement. But I don't see him getting a significant title run.

And you're right about HHH not being one of the elites. If you look at it, HHH and John Cena have more title runs than Bret Hart, HBK, Hogan, Austin combined. That's disgusting and telling all at the same time. The two most overrated guys getting undeserved pushes time and time again. HHH was lucky enough to be the right guy's lacky at the right time in wrestling, and managed to marry the bosses daughter. He was good, but not great... certainly not as great as he thinks he is.

When you look at guys like HHH and Cena having more reigns than guys like Austin, Bret and HBK it's just longevity. Cenas basically been in the title picture for 10 years now. When HHH was a full time competitor he was also a title contender for like 10 years. Austin's initial run as a title holder/contender was from 1998 to about 2002. 4 years. HBK was only really in the title scene from his first win in 1996 to his first stint ending in 1998. He had title matches in his second stint but never won any of them. He held the World Heavyweight Title for like a month before dropping it back to HHH. Bret Hart probably had about 4-5 years as a title contender.

Guys like Cena, HHH and Orton have the longevity the other guys didn't have. They also had the benefit of 2 different world titles going around. HBK and Bret were in teams for a few years before there careers really took off. Austin floated around WCW. HHH followed a similar path as Michaels and Bret, just had more longevity, married to boss' daughter. Cena and Orton were thrown into the title picture 2 years into there careers, at young ages too which is why theve racked up all these title wins, and still goin strong.

That's why I never liked comparing title reigns. All depends on longevity. Plus Cena/Orton have been stale for years now, unlike the other guys who had careers where they didn't get stale to the extent the current guys have.

Do people still hate Cena? Sure his charchter is crap but hes pretty good in the ring, no Daniel Bryan or CM Punk but he holds his own in the ring.

Orton needs to just go away though haha

When you look at guys like HHH and Cena having more reigns than guys like Austin, Bret and HBK it's just longevity. Cenas basically been in the title picture for 10 years now. When HHH was a full time competitor he was also a title contender for like 10 years. Austin's initial run as a title holder/contender was from 1998 to about 2002. 4 years. HBK was only really in the title scene from his first win in 1996 to his first stint ending in 1998. He had title matches in his second stint but never won any of them. He held the World Heavyweight Title for like a month before dropping it back to HHH. Bret Hart probably had about 4-5 years as a title contender.

Guys like Cena, HHH and Orton have the longevity the other guys didn't have. They also had the benefit of 2 different world titles going around. HBK and Bret were in teams for a few years before there careers really took off. Austin floated around WCW. HHH followed a similar path as Michaels and Bret, just had more longevity, married to boss' daughter. Cena and Orton were thrown into the title picture 2 years into there careers, at young ages too which is why theve racked up all these title wins, and still goin strong.

That's why I never liked comparing title reigns. All depends on longevity. Plus Cena/Orton have been stale for years now, unlike the other guys who had careers where they didn't get stale to the extent the current guys have.

Longevity is a good point, but I can't think of any other WWE wrestlers who got bigger pushes than these two, no matter what the crowds think.

The funny thing about the Punk situation is the fact he hasn't said anything yet. If he was done, I don't understand why he hasn't come out in said it publicaly

Do people still hate Cena? Sure his charchter is crap but hes pretty good in the ring, no Daniel Bryan or CM Punk but he holds his own in the ring.

Orton needs to just go away though haha

Cena is a standard wrestler, he has no wrestling expertise but the IWC do like to hate on his lack of wrestling ability. He is very dull and does the same 6 or so moves. Orton is gifted a lot more than Cena just both have very dull characters which everyone is fed up with. Until Cena turns heel he will constantly get the same crowd reaction which is booed for being fed up with his character.

I just dont get WWE's booking it is so predictable, by just predicting the most boring outcomes :lol:

I think Cena is a B+ wrestler, and he deserves his fair share of praise. Again, no expertise but I would say hes a lot better than a Kofi Kingston or a Ryback.

I cant stand Orton, loved his 03-08 run, but hes terrible for the most part now

I think Cena is a B+ wrestler, and he deserves his fair share of praise. Again, no expertise but I would say hes a lot better than a Kofi Kingston or a Ryback.

I cant stand Orton, loved his 03-08 run, but hes terrible for the most part now

I don't even think he's better wrestling skill wise then Ryback and definitely not better then Kofi. He is a very poor wrestler by wrestling skill, he is a work horse and deserves to be the face of WWE at the moment though. He can't really wrestle at all unfortunately a lot like Ultimate Warrior and Hulk Hogan.

Eh, disagree as the man has had classics with the like of Punk,Bryan,Lesnar, Angle, and Taker (please dont use the "he gets carried to every good match hes ever had" excuse though :mean:)

Kofi is the worst wrestler in the company atm outside of Batista(IMO), might be the worst seller since the warrior, cannot stand that dude.

Cena isn't bad, he's had some good matches as said above. He just doesn't good matches with certain guys. I guess depends on the opponent. Orton is public enemy number 1. Can't think of a good match they've had together. It's just everyone's so sick of his character. As they should be, like I said in my previous post, 10 years at the top as the same character is a long time. If they really want to build Bray Wyatt up then he needs to defeat Cena at Mania. Cena will take no hit to his legacy if he loses.

No way out 2008 vs Orton is a fantastic match, but besides that your right they have had a ton of stinkers.

The character ruins him, but at least he isn't hogging the main event spot this year although I would take it over the current title scene haha

I'm guessing the HHH/Bryan match at Mania will have a stipulation where if Bryan wins he gets a future title shot.

Now the real question is does he use it later that night and make the main event a triple threat which would instantly legitimize him and make him the company's new "guy"? or wait until Extreme Rules in NJ that had the hot crowd after WM last year and have him win it there?

(I'm aware post WM crowds are made up of traveling fans but trust me, the fans here can hold their own without the travelers.)

I don't get how you think Kofi is a bad wrestler, bad wrestlers as mentioned above Kevin Nash, The Great Khali, Batista, etc. Kofi is highly athletic and he is stale but can pull off some great spots. His ring chemistry isn't great though. Cena does have some good matches granted, but the ones you mentioned every opponent is a great wrestler. Look at his move set is awful, he is a poor wrestling technician. Your not going to get a Benoit Vs Angle match out of him, more of a Ultimate Warrior Vs Hogan match.

Spot Monkey who cant sell AT ALL and uses his athletic ability to try to make a match more exciting yet fails to create a good match with anyone he has, at least as a singles competitor. overall just a horrible wrestler and its the same reason I think RVD is bad as well although he can have some great matches now and again, kofi? Only matches I like with him are the ones wherre he teams with Evan Bourne. Also you mentioned Nash and Batista in the list of bad workers, Nash has had some classics with Taker,HBK, and Bret and Batista in his first run had a handful of matches I would call great, his matches with Taker are all awesome but WM 23 is on another world. Also HIAC with HHH is amazing as well.

Cena has had good matches with subpar workers too, got a great match out of Orton at NWO 2008 and got an awesome Last man standing match with Batista at Extreme Rules 2010, to say he cant work match is just because people are sick of his character, but atm he is a top 5 worker on the roster behind Bryan,Brock,Cesaro, and Sheamus.

SHEAMUS, theres a guy who gets no credit at all, that man is such a great wrestler, almost reminds me of a skinnier version of Vader, great worker.

Last edited:
Spot Monkey who cant sell AT ALL and uses his athletic ability to try to make a match more exciting yet fails to create a good match with anyone he has, at least as a singles competitor. overall just a horrible wrestler and its the same reason I think RVD is bad as well although he can have some great matches now and again, kofi? Only matches I like with him are the ones wherre he teams with Evan Bourne. Also you mentioned Nash and Batista in the list of bad workers, Nash has had some classics with Taker,HBK, and Bret and Batista in his first run had a handful of matches I would call great, his matches with Taker are all awesome but WM 23 is on another world. Also HIAC with HHH is amazing as well.

Cena has had good matches with subpar workers too, got a great match out of Orton at NWO 2008 and got an awesome Last man standing match with Batista at Extreme Rules 2010, to say he cant work match is just because people are sick of his character, but atm he is a top 5 worker on the roster behind Bryan,Brock,Cesaro, and Sheamus.

SHEAMUS, theres a guy who gets no credit at all, that man is such a great wrestler, almost reminds me of a skinnier version of Vader, great worker.

Lol can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Nash is and always will be a terrible worker.

Anyways to summarise, Cena is a pretty bad technical wrestler, he can't do any real style of wrestling apart from pound and ground. He is a solid worker and deserves to be in the spot he is, even if his character is stale. Bryan needs a push as champion to move WWE forward past this horrible era it's currently stuck in. I'm sick of Orton, Cena, Big Show, Sheamus, HHH, etc.

I like Sheamus and I agree that Nash is a pretty bad worker, but he had his fair share of good matches, vs Bre RR 1995 and Survivor series 1995 and vs Taker at WM 12, certainly a better worker than a current day Batista.

Cena I agree is no William Regal but I still consider him a step up from Hogan and Warrior in terms of ring work.Hoping Bryan and Cesaro are pushed to the top soon, my current favorites outside of Lesnar(all time favorite)

Watching my Royal Rumble 2000 DVD right now, Foley vs HHH is still one of my favorite matches ever, I am a HUGE Foley mark and HHH in 2000 is amazing. Going through the process of watching every PPV of 2000, watched HHH vs The Rock Iron man match the other day, another amazing match.

EDIT: What is everyones opinion on Bret vs HBK Iron man? I personally cannot stand that match but it seems to be praised all the time, first 55 minutes of the match literally is just rest holds and them anticipating the end of the match.

Last edited: