Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I'm parked way out in the back couple of lots for MK (which I would never do if I could help it), I always walk. It's faster than taking the tram most of the time, and you're going to be walking anyway at some point!

EPCOT and DHS same thing, it's only DAK that I usually take the tram since I always seem to end up in a spot where I can see the Everest show building and it's always about 1000 degrees walking across that lot (and all of DAK seems to be hotter than the other parks).

Then again my home park before moving to Orlando was SFGAdv, which hasn't had parking trams in about 25 years, so I'm used to walking across a parking lot.

I'd expect most WDW Parking Lots are mostly empty (I wonder if they'll check for reservations at the parking booth). Likely just use the front lots of the MK lot (Maybe stretch back into the center on one side). Just the West Lots at Epcot. Studios probably just uses Mickey and Buzz (even though Minnie and Jessie would be way more convenient). DAK is weird because they are weirdly fixated on starting guests in their south lots like Dinosaur, but the North lots are way better, so fingers crossed that is where people end up.

I'd expect most WDW Parking Lots are mostly empty (I wonder if they'll check for reservations at the parking booth). Likely just use the front lots of the MK lot (Maybe stretch back into the center on one side). Just the West Lots at Epcot. Studios probably just uses Mickey and Buzz (even though Minnie and Jessie would be way more convenient). DAK is weird because they are weirdly fixated on starting guests in their south lots like Dinosaur, but the North lots are way better, so fingers crossed that is where people end up.
Excellent point. That solves the problem for now.

I have a feeling there'll still be passholders showing up who don't have reservations just to "visit" Disney. Since you can ride Disney Transportation for free, there's nothing to stop them from coming just to go to the hotels and riding the monorails and boats to entertain their kids.

Something I just noticed on Disney's availability: outside of July 17 and 19 having DHS unavailable, all other days are completely open to reservations right now. Did Disney increase capacity, or have a lot of cancellations occurred?

Something I just noticed on Disney's availability: outside of July 17 and 19 having DHS unavailable, all other days are completely open to reservations right now. Did Disney increase capacity, or have a lot of cancellations occurred?

interesting. I MIGHT need to pay attention. My wife needs to see DHS, but we are not ticket holders. Strange odd world where I am considering giving XXXX $$$ yet I do not think they even want my $$ right now.

(not that I am ready to go, my wife and or daughter might sooner than I but one never knows).

:crazy::shrug:

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Perhaps the recent state orders requiring quarantines from travelers coming back from Florida has caused some cancellations. Pa. today was added to many of the northeastern states that are requiring quarantines. ...Just a guess though.

I have a feeling there'll still be passholders showing up who don't have reservations just to "visit" Disney. Since you can ride Disney Transportation for free, there's nothing to stop them from coming just to go to the hotels and riding the monorails and boats to entertain their kids.
Aren’t they being extremely strict and not allowing anyone without dining reservations into the hotels? And not allowing anyone to make dining reservations at the hotels that isn’t staying there?

Like @Magic Feather suggested too, if they do end up checking for your park reservations at the parking booth, then they also wouldn’t be able to get into the Transportation and Ticket Center. That should keep non guests off the monorails... maybe?

(Depending on restricting other things like buses from Disney Springs heading to TTC, etc of course.)

Aren’t they being extremely strict and not allowing anyone without dining reservations into the hotels? And not allowing anyone to make dining reservations at the hotels that isn’t staying there?

Like @Magic Feather suggested too, if they do end up checking for your park reservations at the parking booth, then they also wouldn’t be able to get into the Transportation and Ticket Center. That should keep non guests off the monorails... maybe?

(Depending on restricting other things like buses from Disney Springs heading to TTC, etc of course.)
Right now, you can't even use the lie to get and to Poly by saying you're going to Trader Sam's. I don't think it's been open yet and right now, it can't open.

I have to think Disney will want as few people as possible on the transportation, so they may well be checking to make sure you have a Park Pass before you get on. Whether that's at the ticket booth or at the TTC, who knows. The problem with the ticket booth is once you've gotten that far, you have to go in to turn around and a lot of people take advantage of that to just keep going and park anyway.

So, I’ve heard mixed reports on level of “strictness,” with the general consensus being that buses from Springs are not really being regulated, while resort guard gates and Table Service restaurants are (in spite of many TS restaurants running at comedic low numbers). Most TS’s won’t even accept walk ups. I honestly struggle with why they haven’t opened up resort TS reservations yet. I don’t see how it could hurt them at all.

I don't know how strict they'll be. Chances are the people at the parking booths won't be able to check and see if a passholder has a reservation or not, but that could change. Disney has big challenges with everything being so open-- the new security setup helps, but I just don't see how they can weed out people unless they have Guest Relations people scanning people's passes/tickets at the security checkpoint to verify they actually have a reservation.

I don't know how strict they'll be. Chances are the people at the parking booths won't be able to check and see if a passholder has a reservation or not, but that could change. Disney has big challenges with everything being so open-- the new security setup helps, but I just don't see how they can weed out people unless they have Guest Relations people scanning people's passes/tickets at the security checkpoint to verify they actually have a reservation.
When scanning an AP at Ticket Booths, CMs were able to see everything from that person’s Pass to Fastpasses to Dining Reservations. I see no reason why Park Reservations wouldn’t make that list.

Also, from what I’ve heard, Park Reservations are checked at the Tapstiles automatically. Other than some heavy handed “you need a park reservation” reminders on the way in, I don’t think it is a separate checkpoint.

For what it’s worth, at least for the AP preview, we’re required to bring a print out of the confirmation as well as our passes (and ID).

Reactions: GAcoaster
Orlando Informer Community on Facebook is live at IOA today. He said today is the busiest he's seen it since reopening. I watched the video, and the crowd does seem decent, in spite of it raining this afternoon.....and....
looking at the Touring Plans app., USF also looks busy. Longest posted ride times I've seen so far since USF reopened.

Reactions: Andysol and Teebin
Orlando Informer Community on Facebook is live at IOA today. He said today is the busiest he's seen it since reopening. I watched the video, and the crowd does seem decent, in spite of it raining this afternoon.....and....
looking at the Touring Plans app., USF also looks busy. Longest posted ride times I've seen so far since USF reopened.

This is exactly why I’m terrified for Disney’s reopening if Universal is pulling in decent attendance. We all know their fans are a bit more...loco and will swarm the parks just for new popcorn buckets. With DHS already at capacity for a few days, I don’t think Disney will be able to properly distance all the people who visit.

Geepers... WHO holds a cell phone vertically for video... especially a young person!?!?!?! I went to look and was shocked to see the cat's eye view of things. But yes, the crowds seem mildly robust-ish.

Geepers... WHO holds a cell phone vertically for video... especially a young person!?!?!?! I went to look and was shocked to see the cat's eye view of things. But yes, the crowds seem mildly robust-ish.

Your local news must be much better than ours. When they were doing “remote” newscasts and interviews, I’d say that 80% were in portrait mode. I was like, damn, the camera guys didn’t give y’all ANY tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.