Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Slinky Dog coaster looks like it will be fun. It won't be amazing, but it still looks fun.

What really bothers me about Toy Story Land is that this area is only getting two rides. We're not even talking about show-stopping E-tickets, we're talking a bare-bones themed coaster and one flat ride. Would it have killed them to add a couple more flats just for the sake of more rides? Not even just one more? They couldn't even bring over the Green Army man parachute ride? A Woody's Round Up tilt-a-whirl? What about a hot air balloon ride like Flick's Flyers at DCA? C'mon. Just adding one more small flat ride would Round the area off fairly well and would even bring the park's Ride count into double digits! All they needed was just one more flat.

Well, at least the park will finally have a descent family coaster. The Monsters Inc Door coaster would have been a far better choice. There is that. It's a shame that space is going to be so under-utilized.

Yeah they could have easily dropped a couple more themed up flats in it easy. This could have used a spinner, snicker, snicker. What's Disney park without a spinner.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Yeah they could have easily dropped a couple more themed up flats in it easy. This could have used a spinner, snicker, snicker. What's Disney park without a spinner.
Epcot has survived without a spinner throughout its entire existence.

Besides, Swirling Saucers will be more fun than a spinner.

Epcot has survived without a spinner throughout its entire existence.

Besides, Swirling Saucers will be more fun than a spinner.
Aside from EPCOT, I would be ok with each Disney park having 1 carousel, 1 spinner, and one tea cups because...tradition. Maters/Saucers is a very well done flat. We'll see if Saucers compares.

Reactions: Nick
Aside from EPCOT, I would be ok with each Disney park having 1 carousel, 1 spinner, and one tea cups because...tradition. Maters/Saucers is a very well done flat. We'll see if Saucers compares.
I wouldn't mind a carousel in Epcot... I think the U.K. Pavilion could be the perfect place for one imo.

And I agree with you in general, but I don't think those rides should be thrown around Willy nilly. They need to be appropriately placed.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I wouldn't mind a carousel in Epcot... I think the U.K. Pavilion could be the perfect place for one imo.

And I agree with you in general, but I don't think those rides should be thrown around Willy nilly. They need to be appropriately placed.
It's a shame that that actually has to be said these days in regards to Disney.

Reactions: Nick
The trains are going to be huge I think the back rows will provide a bit of whip and a decent thrill for a family Coaster. The front will probably loiter over the hill crests like BTM where the front of the train is half way down the slope before it picks up speed.

I agree regarding the flats though. It's extremely cheap of them not to include a few more...they're pocket money to a company like Disney.

It should still be a fun coaster... it's just not going to have major thrills like some coasters out there today... but then again, who comes to Disney (or Orlando for that matter) for the coasters?

True, I hate intense coasters. I meant more because the line will be ridiculous for a new ride and it's not worth it to me for an unthemed bleh coaster.

It should still be a fun coaster... it's just not going to have major thrills like some coasters out there today... but then again, who comes to Disney (or Orlando for that matter) for the coasters?

Tron may change that perception. Actually, I can't see people going to WDW for coasters although I love coasters. However, I would rather go to my local park for coasters and WDW or UNI/IOA for the overall experience and immersion (not the water/drowning variety, though).

Reactions: Joel
Tron may change that perception. Actually, I can't see people going to WDW for coasters although I love coasters. However, I would rather go to my local park for coasters and WDW or UNI/IOA for the overall experience and immersion (not the water/drowning variety, though).
TRON is actually a lot tamer than the 60 mph launch would lead you to believe and it's a fairly short ride with a track similar in style to Disneyland's Space Mountain. What makes TRON thrilling is the lightcycle vehicles.

I think if anything, it will be a 1-2 punch of TRON + GotG that start to make people think slightly differently about WDW's coasters. They won't compete (on a thrill level) with anything at CP or anything obviously, but it is a bit of a shift into more thrilling territory than WDW is currently known for.

Reactions: SkiBum and Alicia
TRON is actually a lot tamer than the 60 mph launch would lead you to believe and it's a fairly short ride with a track similar in style to Disneyland's Space Mountain. What makes TRON thrilling is the lightcycle vehicles.

I think if anything, it will be a 1-2 punch of TRON + GotG that start to make people think slightly differently about WDW's coasters. They won't compete (on a thrill level) with anything at CP or anything obviously, but it is a bit of a shift into more thrilling territory than WDW is currently known for.

It beats the "princess brigades".

Isn't Slinky supposed to well.. Slinky? Like, accelerate in parts and then sorta rubberband and such?

Regardless, I'm far from a thrill junkie but that coaster layout looks super boring. Like, boringest boring that ever bored.

Reactions: SkiBum and Cheezbat
Isn't Slinky supposed to well.. Slinky? Like, accelerate in parts and then sorta rubberband and such?

Regardless, I'm far from a thrill junkie but that coaster layout looks super boring. Like, boringest boring that ever bored.
If you mean something similar to SDMT where the cars tilt, then no, these will not bounce like a slinky. The coaster layout is made to be slightly like a slinky with the bunny hops they built into the layout, but that's the closest we get.

I think it all depends on launch speeds for how fun this will be, but as i've been saying, I don't expect it to be that high at all.

What? Seriously? It doesn't even Slinky?

What sort of auxillary B-team bullshit WDI they got working on this shitshow? And still making six figures to boot?

*breathes in a bag for a while*

What? Seriously? It doesn't even Slinky?

What sort of auxillary B-team bullshit WDI they got working on this shitshow? And still making six figures to boot?

*breathes in a bag for a while*
I don't want to shut the idea out 100% that the trains don't slinky, but from what i've seen people who I tend to trust say while following this project, it's going to act as a pretty standard coaster car.

If it makes you feel any better, all the rockwork and the Woody's roundup area that was cut saved nearly $400M on this project. It was going to be an absurd $500M project, now it's not even touching $100M I believe.

While those extra touches would've been nice, it would've sorta been like putting lipstick on a pig. A turd isn't going to stop being a turd because you dressed it up.

Reactions: Alicia