Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't want to shut the idea out 100% that the trains don't slinky, but from what i've seen people who I tend to trust say while following this project, it's going to act as a pretty standard coaster car.

If it makes you feel any better, all the rockwork and the Woody's roundup area that was cut saved nearly $400M on this project. It was going to be an absurd $500M project, now it's not even touching $100M I believe.

While those extra touches would've been nice, it would've sorta been like putting lipstick on a pig. A turd isn't going to stop being a turd because you dressed it up.

Probably figured they can save $400 million and without the rockwork it would make it easier to tear out in 5-10 years to build more Star Wars.

Reactions: Nick
Going back to bio's aerial's, i'm very interested in what they are going to do to cover the bungalows near the entrance to the land. That's where Woody's round-up was supposed to go... no idk, maybe we'll get some trees that? Either way, that's a prime expansion plot imo (doesn't have to be Toy Story).

This may be slightly off topic, but I don't like how they're expanding into both expansion plots within two years. After SW:GE is finished, there is almost no room left to expand in the park. What do they do then? What properties would fit in the park in its future state?

This may be slightly off topic, but I don't like how they're expanding into both expansion plots within two years. After SW:GE is finished, there is almost no room left to expand in the park. What do they do then? What properties would fit in the park in its future state?
Monsters Inc's Monstropolous to take over Animation Courtyard, replacing Launch Bay and surrounding attractions after Star Wars land opens.

Reactions: Ashhanbre and Joel
Ok, but what else could they put in that is a completely new attraction or land? Like TS and SW:GE. There's no room
Indiana Jones/Backlot Express can be removed to open up a huge chunk of land for an entirely new set of attractions.

Star Tours will be rethemed most likely after Star Wars.

And there can even be an expansion near Fantasmic if they actually wanted to grow the park's footprint even more, but they still have more areas to update and replace first of course.

It's not really much of a different situation than Islands of Adventure is in now. Sure they expanded into most of their expansion pads, but without Hogwarts Castle that park was struggling, so certainly worth it. If they want they can go into the soundstage area to add more behind Seuss, even though that's not necessarily a planned expansion pad. DHS is in a similar situation, and some creative decisions can most certainly expand that park even more.

EDIT: And Monstropolous will be/can be an entirely new land. After removing Disney Junior, Little Mermaid, Launch Bay, and eating into backstage area and connecting to Sunset Blvd, that gives them about as much space as Toy Story Land to play with.

The BatB theater will be removed when they absolutely need expansion land. There's a TON of land back in that general area that the theatre is essentially sitting right in the middle of and putting to waste.

Reactions: Alicia
Ok, but what else could they put in that is a completely new attraction or land? Like TS and SW:GE. There's no room

The other thing to take note of is that they are rerouting the entrance road and moving the cast member costume building from behind IJ & Backlot Express. This will allow them some extra expansion into that area as well.

Reactions: Nick and Alicia
The park has plenty of room for expansion/changes, they may have to get creative with use of space down the line though.

Also, Echo lake is pretty much done fore, the ABC area is ready to be bulldozed, animation, etc, etc. They can also extend into the parking lot if needed. But really looking at this park, they've only just begun overhauling this thing.

Reactions: Alicia
The park has plenty of room for expansion/changes, they may have to get creative with use of space down the line though.

Also, Echo lake is pretty much done fore, the ABC area is ready to be bulldozed, animation, etc, etc. They can also extend into the parking lot if needed. But really looking at this park, they've only just begun overhauling this thing.
Oh yea, totally forgot about the underused stages between Star Tours and GMR. That's a huge chunk of land that can be bulldozed and re-designed from the ground up. And yea, we almost had Echo Lake filled in and Indiana Jones closed for Star Wars, but I like the route they chose better.

I don't wanna lose my 50's Prime Time Cafe!

Is it just the Car Parks etc getting added/redone I thought I read that the main entrance to the park was being moved/redone as well.

Is it just the Car Parks etc getting added/redone I thought I read that the main entrance to the park was being moved/redone as well.
If what I heard is true, existing World Drive entrance becomes SW hotel entrance, and the new entrance they're adding now replaces it on the other side of hotel, to the right of current entrance.

That way Hotel is bumped right up against Star Wars land without a road separating it.

I will be very disappointed in this thread if we don't spend at least 100 pages on exposed steel supports like we did on the VB thread. For all you people that said Disney would never...... please discuss.
The difference is this coaster was fully advertised as being an exposed steal coaster.

The exposed steel inside the Volcano goes completely against concept art and how Universal described the park.

Reactions: Jones14
If what I heard is true, existing World Drive entrance becomes SW hotel entrance, and the new entrance they're adding now replaces it on the other side of hotel, to the right of current entrance.

That way Hotel is bumped right up against Star Wars land without a road separating it.

Here?
sw hotel.JPG

The Slinky Coaster takes up so much room they could have made it as thrilling in a more compact footprint. A lot of a Toy Story Playlands theming in Paris is repetition of the same items....they're going to have some massive walkways to fill out here, with nothing but string lights, lego etc