Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the chances of a soft showing on 4th through the 6th? It's my mother's birthday, and she wants to go that weekend. We were going to postpone for the following weekend, but we can't because it would be Mother's Day, and we can't leave my grandmother. :(

Any other park in the world is not as caring about fixing up attractions compared to WDW. I still think with WDW it is more about budgeting than actually shutting anything down. One ride down in each park is perfectly acceptable. Especially when you have a big deal coming with what is known to be under work.

By the time ET goes down(reminder we are talking next year) Despicable Me will be open and likely very popular. So the only attraction you will really have down in the Studios is ET. (if in fact the refurb does happen)

We are talking about the same resort that this year had Jaws(down for good until new attraction in its place) Spiderman, and Jimmy closed for Despicable Me work all at the same time. Then you have the Nick Store and such under work too.

So if the only thing down next year is ET for awhile that will not be as bad. They will have also announced the Amity area replacement and the night time show will likely still be running on popular times of year.

Speaking of up keep, anyone seen the Tokyo Disney Resort Refurb schedule? Yeah WDW your embarrassing yourselves :lol:

Tokyo Disneyland

Star Tours – NOW CLOSED through SPRING 2013
Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin – NOW CLOSED through 4/13/12
Captain EO – NOW CLOSED through 4/13/12
Pirates of the Caribbean – 4/9/12 through 4/27/12
Country Bears – 4/16/12 through 4/27/12
Monsters Inc – 5/7/12 through 5/25/12
Mickey’s House – 5/8/12 through 5/14/12
Explorer Canoes – 5/15/12 through 7/13/12
Western River Railroad - 5/15/12 through 7/13/12
Tom Sawyer Rafts - 5/15/12 through 7/13/12
Mark Twain Riverboat - 5/15/12 through 7/13/12
Space Mountain – 5/29/12 through 7/12/12
Pinocchio’s Daring Journey – 7/16/12 through 7/27/12
Tiki Room – 7/16/12 through 7/27/12
Haunted Mansion – 8/22/12 through 9/6/12
Jungle Cruise – 8/27/12 through 9/14/12
Pooh’s Hunny Hunt – 8/30/12 through 9/14/12

DisneySea

Flounder’s Flying Fish Coaster – NOW CLOSED through 3/16/12
Journey to the Center of the Earth – NOW CLOSED through 2/28/12
Scuttle’s Scooters – 4/2/12 through 4/11/12
Journey to the Center of the Earth – 5/7/12 through 5/25/12
Magic Lamp Theater – 5/29/12 through 6/18/12
StormRider – 6/25/12 through 6/29/12

^ yeah, that. And whoever stated that it is budgeting is missing the recent history of WDW VP's and upper levels. They were hired to keep the money coming in and hit or surpass projections. They are terrified that if they close down major attractions they won't be able to do that. Too, they fear the guest complaints might necessitate comps and/or nasty letters to the company. While budgeting is also a factor, it wasn't always so staunch. If something was broken at all, then it was fixed and came off the bottom line, without question.

Now, with all the gravy resort hotels making dollars on the dollar, one would think the park vision would be stronger than ever. It isn't. Do you think that perhaps Disney's American parks are falling victim to greed, being wrung out like a pair of swamp socks; product be damned?

^ yeah, that. And whoever stated that it is budgeting is missing the recent history of WDW VP's and upper levels. They were hired to keep the money coming in and hit or surpass projections. They are terrified that if they close down major attractions they won't be able to do that. Too, they fear the guest complaints might necessitate comps and/or nasty letters to the company. While budgeting is also a factor, it wasn't always so staunch. If something was broken at all, then it was fixed and came off the bottom line, without question.

Now, with all the gravy resort hotels making dollars on the dollar, one would think the park vision would be stronger than ever. It isn't. Do you think that perhaps Disney's American parks are falling victim to greed, being wrung out like a pair of swamp socks; product be damned?

Yep. Well, not all of Disney's American Parks. The DLR is pretty well run now that they got rid Pressler/Harris. But TDO is greedy, arrogant, and in their minds beyond reproach. This goes WAY beyond apathy and resting on their laurels to true hubris.

With only FLE on the horizon and the other parks having absolutely zero under construction, I wouldn't be surprised if WDW's promotion next year is Buy 1, Get 3 Free.

Yep. Well, not all of Disney's American Parks. The DLR is pretty well run now that they got rid Pressler/Harris. But TDO is greedy, arrogant, and in their minds beyond reproach. This goes WAY beyond apathy and resting on their laurels to true hubris.

Yes, all that. Aside from this, the point I kind of missed is that every VP and Manager works in an environment of bottom line or you're fired. Thus they beg to keep the status quo feeling that everything is fine right this second. Terrible work environ as they merely work to hold onto their jobs and lose sight of the quality they should be serving.

Yes, all that. Aside from this, the point I kind of missed is that every VP and Manager works in an environment of bottom line or you're fired. Thus they beg to keep the status quo feeling that everything is fine right this second. Terrible work environ as they merely work to hold onto their jobs and lose sight of the quality they should be serving.

So you're saying if a Walt Disney were part of TDO today, he would likely be fired. :lol:

So you're saying if a Walt Disney were part of TDO today, he would likely be fired. :lol:

That, or kissing James Cameron, John Lasseter, and Joe Rhode's ass. Walt had Roy, Roy had Walt.. they kicked each other over goals and found compromise. Classic American entrepreneurial success.

So back on topic, is anyone else planning to go to the park tomorrow at 9pm besides me? I'm trying to decide if it's worth it or not. :shrug:

Nothing happened on the lagoon tonight, which means some people got a well deserved rest... maybe next weekend? then again they could wait till weekend before grand opening to preview for public.

Status
Not open for further replies.