Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Matpez said, no activity yesterday. I stayed in CityWalk til about 10:30 and then also looked from the parking lot and saw nothing.

I did get a couple pics of the lagoon:

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

Still working on adding the inserts for barge 3 huh. Thanks for the Update Felipe!! :rep:

These brackets are relatively new. A few weeks ago they where only installed on one barge now they are on all of them. They are mounted on top of the horizontal trusses. Three at each end. Could be for another effect, or maybe a banner.

LS-108.jpg

LS-105.jpg

LS-107.jpg

LS-106.jpg

A little welding going on.

LS-109.jpg

Reactions: Felipe
I am really confused by those new angle iron posts... how can they be attached to the horizontals and be bolted to the deck? How can the horizontals raise? And I do agree that they appear connected to the horz.

^ See the yellow cover on the end of the black pipe in the above picture. That is the lower end of the pieces you are talking about. They are clamped to the top and bottom of the horizontal truss. Lateral movement is controlled by the guy cables. They are not bolted to the deck.

^ See the yellow cover on the end of the black pipe in the above picture. That is the lower end of the pieces you are talking about. They are clamped to the top and bottom of the horizontal truss. Lateral movement is controlled by the guy cables. They are not bolted to the deck.

Ooooh... I get it now. Thanks Bob. How many more bells and whistles are they going to attach to these barges? Side note, since the beginning, I have wondered why they have angled the barges so harshly. Could it be that they needed more focal length for the projector/screen size?

^ WOW nice close-ups.

I concur, the best zoom/focus work I have seen on here. Somethin tells me that Mr. Bob hass a vey vey nice cam cam and good eye.

Last edited:
Looked back through the thread and just realized I didn't post the video of what I think might be the mini strobes. The video was taken on March, 31st.

[video=youtube;VOCuCZFVHLo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOCuCZFVHLo[/video]

The fan screens they are using are very similar(if not the exact same model) as the ones used in Sea World's night time shows when they ran them. Same idea as Fantasmic but on a smaller scale and quality from what I have seen. That being said it is a great bonus and not the focus of the show. Just certain enhancements. I think this show is going for sensory overload. Often what the resort does best.

After this video, I am 1000000% sold on this show, and it's similarities to World of Color is fewer and fewer.

People on Youtube keep saying how it is copying off WOC...honestly I don't remember WOC having fireworks or waterfall screens the only similarity is colored fountains...and if we want to play that game WOC is copying off Bellagio because it was first..but that comparison would never be made because it's apples and oranges...so why do they compare WOC to UCS you ask? Jealousy, Fanboy-ness , etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.