Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How late into 2014 does the Cinematic Spectacular run?
I'm heading down in early February but I have a feeling it won't be showing, correct?

Just watched Martin's video, (great video!!) and I am never left bored when seeing this show, no matter how many times. Always puts a great end to the day and leaves me reminiscent. Will miss seeing it live for sure!

What I would love to know is how they time everything. Is it wired in to a program? If so, what are all the technicalities behind it all? If not, they must have a lot of people running that sucker :lol:

Just watched Martin's video, (great video!!) and I am never left bored when seeing this show, no matter how many times. Always puts a great end to the day and leaves me reminiscent. Will miss seeing it live for sure!

What I would love to know is how they time everything. Is it wired in to a program? If so, what are all the technicalities behind it all? If not, they must have a lot of people running that sucker :lol:
MIDI signal I would assume for pyro...then fountains and lights through wireless DMX programming?

MIDI signal I would assume for pyro...then fountains and lights through wireless DMX programming?

I know that the barges are LOADED with tons of DMX, especially the water screens. I was under the impression fireworks controllers were more proprietary yet based on a timecode. I am not sure how they sync both DMX and a fireworks system.

It is a curious thing on how they set up this monstrosity of a nighttime show. You have to wonder at the technology put into it. I would love to be able to go behind the scenes and see how they run it. Where are the fireworks located at? I also wonder if the fireworks, lasers, and water are timed on musical notes from the score or they are set to go on a timer. Curious, very curious.

It is a curious thing on how they set up this monstrosity of a nighttime show. You have to wonder at the technology put into it. I would love to be able to go behind the scenes and see how they run it. Where are the fireworks located at? I also wonder if the fireworks, lasers, and water are timed on musical notes from the score or they are set to go on a timer. Curious, very curious.
Universal should do a behind the scenes video like Disney did for World of Color...make it happen Universal!

If you go to the Universal exhibit at the Orange County Heritage Museum (close enough name), they have an entire mini-exhibit on CineSpec and the parade. As for the pyro, it's launched from Disaster and Simpsons.

I'm looking forward to see the next update. Especially with the NYE celebration this year.

Is there any chance this show will be going on in October on non-HHN nights? We were there the week before Halloween and didn't get to see it once.

We could always go back to these...:rolleyes:

Oh please no.
What I wish they would do is something like Disney does at Epcot...build a small channel to pull the rigs out when not in use, and bring them out to setup shortly before the show. The lagoon would look so much nicer without them.

I guess it's a good thing IOA doesn't have a lagoon show. It would probably have some gaudy thing sticking out in the middle of the water. Lol

Is the show STILL celebrating the 100th anniversary? I'd say a redo to celebrate Uni's 25th, but be less specific about it (don't put any "25th anniversary" text in the show) so that after the anniversary, it won't seem dated.

Oh please no.
What I wish they would do is something like Disney does at Epcot...build a small channel to pull the rigs out when not in use, and bring them out to setup shortly before the show. The lagoon would look so much nicer without them.

I guess it's a good thing IOA doesn't have a lagoon show. It would probably have some gaudy thing sticking out in the middle of the water. Lol

Actually, IOA is the park that has the ability to float a barge in and out of the lagoon for a show. USF doesn't have anywhere they could stash something completely out of sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.