Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular - Nighttime Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Have you guys seen this? This looks so fun.

It's just lasers, fountains and Top 40 pop music for the most part though. There's very little fireworks. Compare that to Illuminations NYE Tag and it's slightly more than embarrassing (sorry, couldn't find a 2015/2016 vid yet, but it's virtually the same show):

Reactions: NashvilleTrio

One night in 2005? :lol: I've seen a fantastic fireworks show at IOA for NYE... pre-Potter. But that doesn't make it one of Universal's strengths. You might as well harp on their princess meet & greets and character buffets being on the weaker side too. It's just not their strong suit.

One night in 2005? :lol: I've seen a fantastic fireworks show at IOA for NYE... pre-Potter. But that doesn't make it one of Universal's strengths. You might as well harp on their princess meet & greets and character buffets being on the weaker side too. It's just not their strong suit.

Well! I guess you told me!

Let's be honest.. since when is Universal known for its fireworks?

They should want to be known for quality firework displays tough. Much of what they do is embarrassing for a theme park of that quality.

Reactions: NashvilleTrio
Well, the parks aren't moving anywhere so they'll just have to deal with the lovely residents of Orange County and the lame firework displays they're pretty much forced to put on. They could put on a spectacular fireworks display, as has been witnessed in the past, on special occasions but it looks like they haven't post-Potter. Not sure why.

Didn't they not have fireworks at all on NYE one year due to Potter construction?

Well, the parks aren't moving anywhere so they'll just have to deal with the lovely residents of Orange County and the lame firework displays they're pretty much forced to put on. They could put on a spectacular fireworks display, as has been witnessed in the past, on special occasions but it looks like they haven't post-Potter. Not sure why.

Didn't they not have fireworks at all on NYE one year due to Potter construction?
What great fireworks display are you guys referring to?

What happened in 2005? Any videos?

Either new years or July 4, 2005 they put on magnificent fireworks displays with the big shells and lasted a least 20 minutes. They must have launched them from the TM parking area?

If they launched half of that in a choreographed show... they would have something to stay for IMO.

Isn't this a cool and informative diagram:

shelldimensions.jpg

I assume this was not the 2005 display but does anyone know what this is from? It doesn't have the 360 screens or the Spetacular Water Screens.

Last edited:
I believe this was one Teebin was talking about

This is their old 4th of July show.

Back in the day, they used to do a duel park pyro show with the big stuff being launched in the middle, and littler pyro from the IOA and & USF lagoons. I dont know how possible that is now thanks to rockit..

This is their old 4th of July show.

Back in the day, they used to do a duel park pyro show with the big stuff being launched in the middle, and littler pyro from the IOA and & USF lagoons. I dont know how possible that is now thanks to rockit..
I remember seeing one of those from the parking garages a while ago. Sadly my family took a while to leave the house so we ended up arriving right as they started.

^ The only time I saw it was from the top northernmost corner of the north garage where I had been parked. It was an accident that I saw it at all.
What a coincidence! I was in the same spot.

Anyways, did IOA ever have a daily fireworks show or at least a major occasional one when it was built? It is just so obvious that it was made to have one.

Also, the older versions of Universal 360 don't look half bad. It seems the more time came by the worse the production became.

Last edited:
Well, you all know theme-park obsessive me. I went and measured the launch site at the MK from the center hub. 1700'. I was mortified at the large distance. Then I went to UOR and measured. From the eastern side (facing inward) of the employee parking garage to many points in US: 1600'-1800'.

So now we just need some sort of deal with those pesky neighbors. Two to three nights per week of 8"-12" tube style fireworks. Just keep the rain screens and Morgan for now and serve it all up in a mega show.

I don't dreamy dream much on here... so cut me some slack...

(or perhaps they are saving all of this for the south park (no pun intended))

Status
Not open for further replies.