Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
SeaWorld's had this running at their Passholder Lounge for a while. They have some others throughout the park as well but normal guests have to pay for them.

It's nice to see these popping up. I expect them to become a common feature of parks in the coming years now that phones are becoming the main way to buy extras, see wait times, and view the park map.

Last edited:
I think ultimately portable battery packs are better. These could be great though as a way to get people to leave phones to charge while visiting attractions or shows where phones could be annoying.

Reactions: Mike S
Disney used to have it. Not sure if they still do.

Yup, I remember using these in 2014 at Cosmic Rays during a terrible rain storm.
It was a test with an outside company. There were charging lockers in the Space Mountain gift shop too. They were removed after about 6 months or so at most.

I was always expecting Disney to bring them back in some form using Magic Bands as it was said to be just a test at the time, but they never did. The problem with these is that there's such a limited amount of slots and they were always full.

It was explained to me once I started working in MK that they were never brought back because guests would simply leave their phone there all day, hogging up slots for people who actually needed to charge their phone.

Whether that is true or not, i'm not sure.

It was explained to me once I started working in MK that they were never brought back because guests would simply leave their phone there all day, hogging up slots for people who actually needed to charge their phone.

I don't know that I believe that. Most people can't stand to be away from their phone long enough to even get it 50% charged. The charging rod exchange program that Disney is currently using seems really good though.

Is this
It was a test with an outside company. There were charging lockers in the Space Mountain gift shop too. They were removed after about 6 months or so at most.

I was always expecting Disney to bring them back in some form using Magic Bands as it was said to be just a test at the time, but they never did. The problem with these is that there's such a limited amount of slots and they were always full.

The rechargeable batteries are a much better idea for Disney. With the WDW app, it's an essential planning tool with all your reservations and FP+ info and although it can chew through battery it's better in your bag charging than in a locker.

Reactions: Mike S and Nick
I don't know that I believe that. Most people can't stand to be away from their phone long enough to even get it 50% charged. The charging rod exchange program that Disney is currently using seems really good though.
They only had 12 total lockers in a park that holds 40,000 on a slow day. It was never going to work efficiently is what I think what it came down to. The charging rods you speak of are much more efficient as you can buy them cheap on Amazon and then simply replace them endlessly from there on (or it's another option for a desperate tourist).

I thought I'd tidy this idea up a wee bit. I tried to figure out a way to worm a way through the queue to the great hall but poor memory of what's what and how confusing it would actually be made me think of an alternative route. There's enough room at the side of the green house to add a tunnel or walkway themed to the interior of the castle that should easily take you round the side and into a large enough area for the Great Hall.

View attachment 3507
I like it! The Fake tunnel that's actually above ground could also serve as a berm. Theme the outside of it to a hill or rock face and put some trees and bushes on top, so you got yourself an almost completely obscured view of the castle from JP.

I like it! The Fake tunnel that's actually above ground could also serve as a berm. Theme the outside of it to a hill or rock face and put some trees and bushes on top, so you got yourself an almost completely obscured view of the castle from JP.

Cheers, mate. I've moved the post to the correct thread.

I've actually always wondered what those have to do with the theming in the alley.

Ad posters in NY were common. They paste them on any surface (lamp posts, walls etc) that will hold them.

The winter quarters for Ringling are a couple of miles from me, the elephants are gone so not much for PETA to complain about.

The elephant center is like a five star home for remaining troupe, not Africa but still better than what was before

Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey | Center for Elephant Conservation