Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
First up... I ain't wrong. Second, this is UC and they have proven to be very agile (transformers) and fast (everything).

But Transformers was a different situation. That was a previously designed attraction that only needed minor modifications to bring to Orlando. I agree, it was done fast and last minute, but that's different than UC designing a new attraction and then 14 months before it is supposed to open, they decide to change the theme and style.

If it's opening in May 2016, I would think Universal would need at least a year to construct it, would they not?

But Transformers was a different situation. That was a previously designed attraction that only needed minor modifications to bring to Orlando. I agree, it was done fast and last minute, but that's different than UC designing a new attraction and then 14 months before it is supposed to open, they decide to change the theme and style.

If it's opening in May 2016, I would think Universal would need at least a year to construct it, would they not?

Space Fantasy is pre-designed too.....

Someone search google earth historic imagery for comparison. I am tired and disinterested tonight. :wave:

Not too long ago I photoshopped it into Kidzone, they looked about equal IMO.

Edit: Found it:

IEK18C0.png

A large portion of the building is the same, and I'm assuming the rest is extra queue and the gift shop.

Last edited:
Not too long ago I photoshopped it into Kidzone, they looked about equal IMO.

Edit: Found it:

IEK18C0.png

A large portion of the building is the same, and I'm assuming the rest is extra queue and the gift shop.

Thanks TP4L. Not surprisingly, the actual show buildings appear to be identical in size. IF a clone of Space Fantasy is coming by May 2016, it would be logical to place it inside a pre-existing show building. I realize this will not be a popular opinion with many, but within the time frame proposed it would only make sense.

Thanks TP4L. Not surprisingly, the actual show buildings appear to be identical in size. IF a clone of Space Fantasy is coming by May 2016, it would be logical to place it inside a pre-existing show building. I realize this will not be a popular opinion with many, but within the time frame proposed it would only make sense.

Building the show building itself would not take long. They could do that in a matter of weeks...

While I'd love to see this ride at USF, I do not like the idea of losing ET at all. They need to keep and update the ride.

A resounding agreement with your quote. ET is an iconic attraction.ET is an original park opening attraction. ET is a fun light spirited attraction. ET is one of the few family dark rides at Universal. ET has one of the best queues in all of Themeparkkingdome (I made that word up). ET has fairly high capacity. ET always puts a smile on my face.....ET doesn't sing "I love you, you love me" on the ride

One thing the ET ride has taught me is that ET must be really dumb on his home planet. Throughout the whole movie he could barely communicate with the earth people but as soon as we fly back to his home planet everyone speaks and sings perfect English. No wonder he needed a Speak n Spell.

So, it appears blues bros will not be going back to where it once was. Wrought fencing of the period has been "permanently" installed. Hm. Where ever shall they go... they fit the meet and greet model, so perhaps random stages when and where necessary.

So, it appears blues bros will not be going back to where it once was. Wrought fencing of the period has been "permanently" installed. Hm. Where ever shall they go... they fit the meet and greet model, so perhaps random stages when and where necessary.

It looks like the fencing/railing was present before the rehab. Don't give up hope yet.
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=YqwGkXgkQIs[/video]

Last edited: