Universal Studios Park Entrance Reimagining | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Park Entrance Reimagining

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if Universal Creative have looked into this, or if they feel that its not an issue. Its just coming from IOA, this entrance is so weak

Reactions: Mad Dog
The park has some great rides but seriously lacks in decent place making and cohesive theming. The entry definitely needs to be redone. What they are doing in Hollywood looks amazing...too bad we aren't getting the same treatment in Orlando.

The park has some great rides but seriously lacks in decent place making and cohesive theming. The entry definitely needs to be redone. What they are doing in Hollywood looks amazing...too bad we aren't getting the same treatment in Orlando.

I'm sure we will eventually. But Universal is prioritizing big new attractions like Gringotts and Kong first.

I'm sure we will eventually. But Universal is prioritizing big new attractions like Gringotts and Kong first.

Exactly!
After Diagon Alley (2014) and KidZone revamp (2016?), I'd expect to see the smaller things such as the entrance, Fear Factor, Disaster, Twister, and Shrek to be dealt with. Mummy and MIB could see massive upgrades as well... I'm not expecting to see either go until at least 2018 (2025 in Mummy's case)

I hope so mahnamahna. The reason I started this thread was because of Potter, you have all these new guests coming to see the most dramatic and well themed theme park area in the country and they have nothing but a Minion themed welcome into the park. Should have been delt with before grand opening of Diagon in my opinion.

Reactions: Felipe
I hope so mahnamahna. The reason I started this thread was because of Potter, you have all these new guests coming to see the most dramatic and well themed theme park area in the country and they have nothing but a Minion themed welcome into the park. Should have been delt with before grand opening of Diagon in my opinion.

Agreed! Plus they'd be smart to add streetmosphere or other little things here, to at least try to hold people as long as possible in other areas of the park, rather than everyone clogging up the Potter area.

Agreed! Plus they'd be smart to add streetmosphere or other little things here, to at least try to hold people as long as possible in other areas of the park, rather than everyone clogging up the Potter area.
Yes. That's probably also part of the reasons for Transformers in the middle of the park & the Springfield upgrade. Those areas will help to spread out the crowds. I'd really like to see more streetmosphere characters also, kind of in line with those at DHS. They have some really entertaining skits.

I'd say that the next few years will see the underlooked areas of the park revamped:

2015 - front plaza revamp, Gardens of Allah museum
2016 - Rockit refurb/upgrade, demolition of Shrek, KidZone revamp?
2017 - Twister upgrade, opening of Shrek replacement, possible continuing KidZone revamp?
2018 - mysterious MIB/Springfield plot project, Disaster upgrade/replacement

I hate the entrance to the Studios and have to wonder how much longer before they do some serious cosmetic upgrades to it. With the sheer amount of capital going into the park itself you'd think someone wants a new look for their flagship park entrance. While looking at the Fallon Construction, Hello Kitty work, and most importantly the Universal Studios Hollywood entrance reimagining, it makes me think the end of exposed sound stages may be coming to an end finally. If you haven't seen the incredible transformation of Universal Hollywood check it out at insideuniversal. I WANT THAT!

I hate the entrance to the Studios and have to wonder how much longer before they do some serious cosmetic upgrades to it. With the sheer amount of capital going into the park itself you'd think someone wants a new look for their flagship park entrance. While looking at the Fallon Construction, Hello Kitty work, and most importantly the Universal Studios Hollywood entrance reimagining, it makes me think the end of exposed sound stages may be coming to an end finally. If you haven't seen the incredible transformation of Universal Hollywood check it out at insideuniversal. I WANT THAT!
:agree:Yes, I strongly agree with that. If they end up putting SLOP into the area where the Shrek attraction and adjacent Donkey M&G area, instead of the Toon Lagoon amphitheater, that could serve as a catalyst for an overhaul to the entrance. Or, if they're looking at something a little more cost effective, they can re route the entrance area into Hollywood. That's a beautiful area and more representative of the park than a very ugly Production Central. It's kind of ironic that the only non beautiful part of Universal Studios is the first thing you see as you enter, namely the Production Central entrance to the park!!! :(

One thing I dislike about Studio's entrance unlike IOA is that once you hit the turnstyles, you're in...there is no buildup, big reveal of anything...you're just in the park and can see all the way to the back..

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mad Dog

Well, speaking of. They're at the park; having photos taken of the new "Universal Blvd", once again showing that Hollywood, has the better entrance over Orlando.

Comparing Holywoods brand new entrance facades makes Orlandos looks like a plain joke, as I hope to god that they can find a way to make the Production Central area much more pleasing.

One thing I dislike about Studio's entrance unlike IOA is that once you hit the turnstyles, you're in...there is no buildup, big reveal of anything...you're just in the park and can see all the way to the back..
I definately agree. And I don't see how they can even fix that, thanks to Shrek, DM, and HRRR. Ugh.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Yeah something seriously needs to be done....like mentioned, the Hollywood section is one of the better themed areas and if some work was put into refurbishing some of it, it could be a great entry strip to go down.

What is this building again?
universal.jpg

In a dream world, it would be nice if they could remove this building, and almost turn the entryway to go down into hollywood. So make DM and Shrek not directly accessible right when you walk in. I feel like this would give the entry way some more character and make it more memorable. Right now, it just isn't working. Its always so crowded, odd theming, and just doesn't represent the image/perception these parks have today.

I'd love to hear what some other people envision! I like the hypothetical/imaginative talk.

Outside of knocking down the building on the right after the turnstyles and retheming it, I don't see how they can change the entrance area all that much. They're not going to divert people away from the main shop when entering and exiting

Personally, if they'd have the space, i'd love to see Shreks façade changed to a Art-Deco theatre, and have DMMM get a new façade, with the neighbor houses from Hollywood's version facing the side to go to BMG (I have to imagine for now, it has to stay), and the building to also have new downtown facades, making it possibly more seemless of transitions from Hollywood to Production Central.

Personally, if they'd have the space, i'd love to see Shreks façade changed to a Art-Deco theatre, and have DMMM get a new façade, with the neighbor houses from Hollywood's version facing the side to go to BMG (I have to imagine for now, it has to stay), and the building to also have new downtown facades, making it possibly more seemless of transitions from Hollywood to Production Central.

I think that would all be cool, but I'm not sure there's room for all that in that corridor.