Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You are reading way too much into that picture. The dozer is working the left and pushing wet gravel while the roller is working the right and putting it flat. Once the roller is done it all will be a finely graveled laydown yard ie: parking lot

It looks like it might be DGA. Which, if it is, it's definitely just a parking/staging lot. Probably like the MIB/Simpsons plot. But if it's sand, then I'm not so sure.

I believe these labels are correct.

highlighted.jpg

Additional information as seen in permit notes:

Red - B1000: Building 1000, Office #2, office on level 2 and 3 and partial part of level 1, laundry facility on level 1, team member grill (restaurant) on level 1, locker room on level 1, clinic facility on level 1

Blue - B1035: Warehouse #2, to be use as an industrial fabrication facility, “Tech Services”

Green - B1030: Warehouse #1, to be use as an industrial food processing facility, “Food and Beverage Warehouse”

I believe these labels are correct.

View attachment 15799

Additional information as seen in permit notes:

Red - B1000: Building 1000, Office #2, office on level 2 and 3 and partial part of level 1, laundry facility on level 1, team member grill (restaurant) on level 1, locker room on level 1, clinic facility on level 1

Blue - B1035: Warehouse #2, to be use as an industrial fabrication facility, “Tech Services”

Green - B1030: Warehouse #1, to be use as an industrial food processing facility, “Food and Beverage Warehouse”

For completeness, the small building already vertical between the big warehouses and office is B1040. And among the group of smaller buildings to the southeast, I believe that warehouse 2, warehouse 3, office 1, and warehouse 4 are B1020, B1005, B1010, and B1015 respectively. I don't see any permit applications matching with that smaller warehouse 1, but B1025 would be a natural number choice for it and I don't see anything for that number either.

Also, the office is going to be the first of the 3 large buildings to get built, by which I mean that if you look closely and use your imagination a little when looking at the first image you posted from the recent Orlando Sentinel article you can see that foundation type work has already been happening on that site for a couple of weeks now.

Separately, has anyone looked recently for a third BOH building gone vertical? :shifty:
(the one by HTTYD)

Last edited:
New Bio updates today. One of interest is this one.

The plot next to the SNW plot is now fenced in, pretty much confirming its storage and not and not planned for current construction.

Also, the digging and berm by HTTYD has changed some. It looks like they have filled the channel they were digging, meaning it was just for utilities and not a pond of some sort. The berm itself has lost some dirt as well, so I wonder what the final plan is for it. It looks like they are hauling it up to the HP plot as that area has been raised some. Whatever the backstage building by httyd is has gone vertical as well.

Lots of stuff to dissect in the updates. The back of house stuff has really taken off.

Last edited:
My first reaction is that it looks small but I know it's not. I really can't wait to see more structures around so the actual size is a clearer.

Anyone know what those yellow feather/stick things are on the right edge of that pic?

I feel with some confidence the pad next to SNW is probably for the concrete plant, which has been permitted for a while but not built out
Building overlay updated with some more of the buildings on this tweet:

Reactions: Suchomimus and Nico
I feel with some confidence the pad next to SNW is probably for the concrete plant, which has been permitted for a while but not built out

Regarding Creature, although no buildings are permitted yet for that phase 2 project, the project number’s full site plan did include the land it sits on, so we’ll still see grading as needed for it, even though it’s probably still planned for phase 2?

Something I just noticed is how the entrance is off balance. Almost like that building to the right was designed to be there to block a down wind smell. Smart move to try and minimize guests associating that smell with the entrance of their park.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Something I just noticed is how the entrance is off balance. Almost like that building to the right was designed to be there to block a down wind smell. Smart move to try and minimize guests associating that smell with the entrance of their park.
Honestly, what if they build this amazing park and all people can say about it is that it smells like s**t.

• Haha
Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nico
Monsters land in finer detail, phase 2 included. Something is currently missing on purpose until i hear otherwise

FKY4ZvZXEAI1d6T

I didn't realize how many expansion pads were here, or rather, how big they were

Glad they have some space to continue to expand when the time comes

Reactions: Nico
I didn't realize how many expansion pads were here, or rather, how big they were

Glad they have some space to continue to expand when the time comes
I'm sure Alicia or Tommy could say exactly but my feeling is about 1/4 the park area is expansion plus the parking lot?

Honestly, what if they build this amazing park and all people can say about it is that it smells like s**t.
There are treatment plants all over that have successful smell abatement measures in place, there's no reason why they won't add the proper equipment now there's a new neighbor who will contribute huge amounts of money to the county tax base. When it was only a vacant filed and poor people who smelled it, it didn't matter. Now it will.

Reactions: tielo and JoeCamel