Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm sure Alicia or Tommy could say exactly but my feeling is about 1/4 the park area is expansion plus the parking lot?
Depends if you count the internal expansion pads of the lands, theres one in potter (if VR footprint is remaining) and monsters both around 3.5acres. but the three separate stand alone pads are 20 acres, 7 acres, and 1.5acres. so about 30% of the park we currently know

Depends if you count the internal expansion pads of the lands, theres one in potter (if VR footprint is remaining) and monsters both around 3.5acres. but the three separate stand alone pads are 20 acres, 7 acres, and 1.5acres. so about 30% of the park we currently know
Thanks, I was leaning towards saying 1/3 so good to know they have plenty of room to grow. I hope Comcast owns the parks for a very long time so they can build it out.

Reactions: tommyhawkins
I don't know if this has been brought up before here or in the other EU thread, but regarding SNW moving to EU instead of going into USF... if SNW wasn't opening with EU, does that mean there was going to be one less land at opening? Or did SNW replace something in that spot, and whatever got bumped will be brought back later as an expansion elsewhere?

I think the start and end of Kidzone construction was around the same time that Uni bought the EU land. If I was going to guess, there was nothing more than Blue Sky for EU before then. SNW didn't really bump anything.

We've let this kinda get off the rails, speculation talk goes here (including new details on the replacement):

Reactions: RFRees
Universal, I say this with no malice in my heart...this show wants to die. It's clearly tired of existing. A pervasive rot at its heart, etc. For its own sake, just let Fear Factor die. As Disney has shown, you don't even have to replace it with anything!

They could put some drink vendors on the stage and the benches are already covered. So, they have already one-upped Disney.

Had the permit for a while. Have they located in on the Nintendo expansion pad?
No this is between the chiller plant and the waste water treatment plant.

(From Sand Lake)

20220212-123131.jpg

20220212-123145.jpg

Maybe here.

20220212-124804-2.jpg

Last edited:
I want to say that was started before they paused construction. Maybe even started then disassembled? I think I remember seeing a hopper/silo like that from Destination just before the shutdown.

I want to say that was started before they paused construction. Maybe even started then disassembled? I think I remember seeing a hopper/silo like that from Destination just before the shutdown.
It was completely assembled and looking ready to go before covid. Then they disassembled it when they decided it wasn’t needed for a bit.

It’s likely a rental, so probably left the property to be used elsewhere in the meantime until it was time to actually use it.

It was completely assembled and looking ready to go before covid. Then they disassembled it when they decided it wasn’t needed for a bit.

It’s likely a rental, so probably left the property to be used elsewhere in the meantime until it was time to actually use it.

bearing in mind the image i used for this was from the start of 2021, so it mustve been needed for a job sooner than the 12 month delay

No this is between the chiller plant and the waste water treatment plant.

(From Sand Lake)

20220212-123131.jpg

20220212-123145.jpg

Maybe here.

20220212-124804-2.jpg
The original concrete plant was located to the inside of the L shaped wall in the middle of the aerial photo, so it's almost certain this new one is in the same place.

The structure you circled is the start of a building.

The new concrete plant also appears to be set up the same as the original one.

Reactions: Disneyhead