Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 347 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the night time show is, it needs a significant amount of fireworks. The minimal amount in the HP show definitely leaves it lacking.

Outside of the Universal version of World of Color or Disneyland's Fantasmic, what sort of technology could they utilize with the fountains to make it special/signature?

They could use a false bottom/elevator in the lagoon which allows for show elements which is what is happening with a lot of the fountain shows in China...you think its a lagoon or a lake....all of a sudden a pirate ship is rising out of the water...

Reactions: therock
I doubt we'd see a large amount of fireworks. Hell I'll be surprised if we see any with Shingle Creek right next door.
I believe that’s why they’re going to set them off over the pond behind the hotel. From there any runoff is filtered by 4 ponds before reaching Shingle Creek waters.

I don’t think they’ve been approved for big fireworks though, not like WDW.

I believe that’s why they’re going to set them off over the pond behind the hotel. From there any runoff is filtered by 4 ponds before reaching Shingle Creek waters.

I don’t think they’ve been approved for big fireworks though, not like WDW.
Isn't it a show in the round, theoretically? Feels weird to only be shooting off fireworks behind 1/2 the audience.

I hope for a non ip, celestial themed night time spectacle in the hub. If the sparkles on the hotel, that show in the concept art, are real it would be a nice backdrop. A combination of fountains mixed with fire, added projection, laser and well placed fireworks could make a memorable experience.
For me this doesn't need to be a "here is a show you waited for for hours to watch, standing or sitting to hold a nice spot". I'd rather have it to be there while sitting at one of the many restaurants in the hub and getting the experience going on at an half hour interval or something.

I hope for a non ip, celestial themed night time spectacle in the hub. If the sparkles on the hotel, that show in the concept art, are real it would be a nice backdrop. A combination of fountains mixed with fire, added projection, laser and well placed fireworks could make a memorable experience.
For me this doesn't need to be a "here is a show you waited for for hours to watch, standing or sitting to hold a nice spot". I'd rather have it to be there while sitting at one of the many restaurants in the hub and getting the experience going on at an half hour interval or something.
I’m hoping for something similar.

the landing/stairs warps around 340 degrees in the concept art but based on the amount of seating/stairs just in the concept art, I would assume this would be something spectacular.
Epic-Universe-Lagoon-Show.png

Not going to lie...I'm loving all the green area I'm really noticing in the hub.

the landing/stairs warps around 340 degrees in the concept art but based on the amount of seating/stairs just in the concept art, I would assume this would be something spectacular.
Epic-Universe-Lagoon-Show.png

Not going to lie...I'm loving all the green area I'm really noticing in the hub.

I like that there are a couple of areas around the perimeter within that greenery which will make great spots to get away from the crowds and hustle and bustle of the park when you need a break. I also think the ambiance here will hit differently (quieter/calmer) not just because of the proximity to the hotel but also because it's almost entirely enclosed by trees, making it feel separate from the rest of the park once you're in the ring—I don't doubt this is also intentional for the sake of the show.

I guess all I'm saying is that I can totally see myself grabbing something to go and just sitting there watching the fountain do whatever it does while I eat during the day and coming back for something really unique at night.

I'd rather have it to be there while sitting at one of the many restaurants in the hub and getting the experience going on at an half hour interval or something.
How many restaurants would have a good view? Once the trees mature I'm not sure there will be that many angles to see most of the show, particularly since the fountain itself also sits in a shallow bowl that appears lower than the rest of the hub.

And on the subject of fountains...
fountains.PNG
I'm assuming these are two more, for a total of three? I can't recall if this was mentioned earlier in the thread but would another portion of a nighttime show happen in this area too (at least in the ring label '2')?

Basically I'm wondering if there would be two halves of the same show with different content at once but in order to view both you'd have to pick one at two separate times, which would be easy to do if they had a couple of viewings per night (and you'd spend more time in the park). Or is the big ring fountain 'the' show?

And if someone could remind me, was that big structure in the middle another restaurant or a ride?

And if someone could remind me, was that big structure in the middle another restaurant or a ride?
Permits that may be related to it say it has a ride pit and chlorine tank. So, probably an attraction. That’s all we know, (and even that could be for a different building if we got the numbers crossed.)

Reactions: Rhian
So will 2022 be more of the same as far as construction is concerned? As in, lots of laying infrastructure down?

If they are going to open in 2025 or earlier, they'll be going vertical before the end of the year.

But, yes, there will be lots of infrastructure work.

Status
Not open for further replies.