Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 406 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Bride of Frankenstein is included in the "Classic Monsters" roster. Not knowing the genders of the Mummy or Creature from the Black Lagoon, she would be the only female monster. I know she was featured in the last HHN house, so possibly?
I’d be shocked (haha) if she wasn’t.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I wonder if Bride of Frankenstein is included in the "Classic Monsters" roster. Not knowing the genders of the Mummy or Creature from the Black Lagoon, she would be the only female monster. I know she was featured in the last HHN house, so possibly?
Not having her would be a miss IMO

I'm also hoping the Brides of Dracula make an appearance in some way...if nothing else on merch

Reactions: SeventyOne

If you go old-school monsters, the Mummy and the Creature from the Black Lagoon were both male. If they blend their new Dark Universe, or whatever it is called, they could go male or female. Creature could even be ambiguous as, though humanoid, it isn't human enough to classify it one way or the other. If they are that concerned with diversity and inclusion, a better role would be to have men and women be the heroes in the stories. It's far better to present as heroes than villains, in my opinion. Not saying that neither sex is unqualified to be a villain, either.

However, I'm not sure how monsters feel about these things and wouldn't want to make assumptions just because they are monsters.

Question out of left field-- the decorating in the parks for Christmas (and other holidays), is it created by Universal or Universal Creative, or do they contract it all out to third parties (Oak Island, etc)? I know Disney has their own Holiday Services department that creates all the Christmas trees, garlands, jack-o-lanterns, etc. for all the parks and hotels. Does Universal have their own version of this where they create decorations in house, or do they just buy stuff or have a contractor make it? I assume they have a department that does the installations in the parks which could theoretically be the same department that creates stuff.

I was thinking about the elaborate Tribute/Holiday stores as well as all the HHN decorations for the streets as well as all the very theme specific trees, garlands, etc for Christmas, and realizing that probably right now they are creating and sourcing the Christmas decorations for Epic Universe so they can be ready for Christmas 2025 (or possibly 2024), and just thinking of how amazing they could potentially be. The ideas of "celestial" themed trees and garlands for the hub area, and the land specific trees and garlands for all the shops, restaurants, streets, etc for Monsters, Potter, HTTYD, and Nintendo. If there was ever a dream job I'd love to have that would be it. Sourcing and figuring out what to make and how to create it would just be an amazing challenge.

Instead of Monster's Café, how about The Slaughted Lamb Pub from American Werewolf in London?
I like the Pub idea...I would love more of a Speakeasy type feeling (with tables and chairs not couches obvi lol)

It will be all spooked up of course with pealing wallpaper, spiderwebs in the lights, etc

With a nice Swing type band that sang darker pop tunes in the style of the 20's and 30's

a0b9125707c62815a2d67f72f3e03448.jpg

Here's kind of what I was thinking for the band feel hehe

I'm guessing I shouldn't hold out much hope for a nightly re-enactment of this in the Monsters land town square...

No, but ironically I plan on showing up on opening day in the same outfit as the lady at 0:10

So maybe we'll see each other

Just stay back a bit as I have a very long cigarette that I burn people with when they get too close to me in line

Status
Not open for further replies.