Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 407 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coaster may be taking over what that area was.

Then there's not going to be much of a village left if the structure marked RETAIL is being consumed by the coaster. I thought the thinking was the coaster was just going to be extending out into the area labeled B1505.
P902-SitePlan-Labels-Universal-Classic-Monsters5-scaled.jpg

Aren't there going to be several buildings we have to weave through close to the entrance of the land? What's going to be in those if not merch and food service?

This is the old layout, retail may be gone below that already.

Screenshot_20220820-205735_Twitter.jpg
We know the windmill QS is staying! Is gots walls!

EDIT: And couldn't the main quick service location have an attached bar like Three Broomsticks and Hogs Head?
tiny QSR yes. Buuuuutttttt the restaurant is almost exactly the size of mythos, so I'm not sure how much room they have.

And i suspect the other retail space may be halved/gone considering what's happening. They're gonna struggle to have the main food groups let alone pubs, also they have drink stands permitted, no?

So something is off about this coaster. Honestly we won’t know until it’s completed but it seems like a very small footprint to be outdoors. If they were smart it would be mostly indoors to not take up much space.

Are they really gonna sacrifice half this land for one attraction ?

This is the old layout, retail may be gone below that already.

View attachment 17119

tiny QSR yes. Buuuuutttttt the restaurant is almost exactly the size of mythos, so I'm not sure how much room they have.

And i suspect the other retail space may be halved/gone considering what's happening. They're gonna struggle to have the main food groups let alone pubs, also they have drink stands permitted, no?
Mythos has a bar. Check and mate.

Quick and sloppy Photoshop, but using Bio's latest, I think retail is safe. Drink Stand and the other restaurant probably are too.

Is the "attraction" the coaster show building?

Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 7.12.57 PM.png

Man that “village” looks awfully small for the Monsters Land. Maybe I will think differently once I actually set foot in there, but it seems like there isn’t a whole lot of room to create atmosphere for the land.
Looks like at or around the same size as Hogsmede but with a spooky castle in the distance and not Hogwarts

Reactions: RFRees
Man that “village” looks awfully small for the Monsters Land. Maybe I will think differently once I actually set foot in there, but it seems like there isn’t a whole lot of room to create atmosphere for the land.
Looks like at or around the same size as Hogsmede but with a spooky castle in the distance and not Hogwarts

Hogsmeade has a pretty defined and lengthy "street," and I don't see quite that same thing developing so far in the Monsters land, especially if the retail structure is axed and the center of the area is essentially going to be reserved for a coaster.

I'm hoping there are some flat village facades that will be lining other areas that aren't present in the site plan to give the sense of a bigger town than one or two buildings.

Hogsmeade has a pretty defined and lengthy "street," and I don't see quite that same thing developing so far in the Monsters land, especially if the retail structure is axed and the center of the area is essentially going to be reserved for a coaster.

I'm hoping there are some flat village facades that will be lining other areas that aren't present in the site plan to give the sense of a bigger town than one or two buildings.

Hopefully they can use some force perspective buildings set behind other buildings (sort of like Disneyland's Toontown mountains). That way it gives the village a feeling of depth and helps with sight lines.

Definitely agree with other posters. The land does seem a little smaller and cramped than I would have hoped, but then again whenever I picture the land I always thought it would be less like Hogsmeade and more like Diagon Alley (tight streets, spooky corners, and store fronts). Hopefully the scale will make more sense when it’s finished.

Quick and sloppy Photoshop, but using Bio's latest, I think retail is safe. Drink Stand and the other restaurant probably are too.

Is the "attraction" the coaster show building?

View attachment 17120
Drink stand is a gonna for that particular location there are coaster footers where it should be, we have a few ideas about whats going to happen but retail/bathrooms is safe......for now.

it's worth noting that with two week gaps between aerial updates A LOT of stuff is springing up without warning, but we'll talk more about that soon i guess

Reactions: tielo and Alicia
Drink stand is a gonna for that particular location there are coaster footers where it should be, we have a few ideas about whats going to happen but retail/bathrooms is safe......for now.

it's worth noting that with two week gaps between aerial updates A LOT of stuff is springing up without warning, but we'll talk more about that soon i guess
Clone bio

I'm pretty sure it's been discussed at some point but my memory "ain't what it used to be". What's the consensus on Express Pass in the new park? Will the original three be part of the system or will the new hotel have exclusive Express rights? My spoiled butt needs Express but booking that new hotel is going to be nearly impossible the first few months. I will try of course. Man I can't wait for this to open!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.