Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 411 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is truly excellent analysis.

We’re never going to have definitions of each term that everybody can agree on, so it comes down to our personal interpretation of what makes a theme park a theme park and an amusement park an amusement park. And even those can be hard to articulate.

That ending four quadrants is how I view various in-person entertainment offerings. It's also why I think Universal can be highly themed without having to copy Disney's style.

I think you'd like this post by Jeremy at RCP

I've read a few of this guy's reviews before and man, he seems like a real stick in the mud.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
I've read a few of this guy's reviews before and man, he seems like a real stick in the mud.
I think it really boils down to placemaking and submersion to various degrees

See: The intentional differences between DC at Six Flags and Marvel at Universal (and yes, Disney)

There is an intentionality with story and a sense of place with one and the other is merely a light aesthetic applied

This would actually be an interesting thread I feel if someone wanted to start it

Also Epic Universe will combine so many lessons Universal has learned about theme, immersion, and story over the last 30 years, exciting

I think it really boils down to placemaking and submersion to various degrees

See: The intentional differences between DC at Six Flags and Marvel at Universal (and yes, Disney)

There is an intentionality with story and a sense of place with one and the other is merely a light aesthetic applied

This would actually be an interesting thread I feel if someone wanted to start it

Also Epic Universe will combine so many lessons Universal has learned about theme, immersion, and story over the last 30 years, exciting

Well, he really doesn’t like Universal.

If the Monsters main attraction acknowledges that this is a tourist destination now, who’s to say that they don’t acknowledge this a roller coaster, then “something goes horribly wrong” storyline with Wolfman. It could be that simple.
“It’s a ride, but something goes wrong” would be very on-brand for Universal so it wouldn’t surprise me. However it sounds really similar to the speculated story for the land’s other ride already, so I hope they come up with something different for a little bit of varied storytelling.

Just out of curiosity, how large of a hotel could you fit on that red 11 acre plot?
I’m not sure that’ll get its own hotel. It’ll have a road going through it. May just be an awesome giant Epic sign on the corner and trees to be honest. But it is it’s own parcel, so could be used for something if they want, maybe a gas station someday

I’m not sure that’ll get its own hotel. It’ll have a road going through it. May just be an awesome giant Epic sign on the corner and trees to be honest. But it is it’s own parcel, so could be used for something if they want, maybe a gas station someday
My mind immediately jumped to Aventura or something like that old Silver Screen Hotel concept. An EPIC sign would be cool though.

I feel like Hotel Plot 6 could be used for another water park.

...Universal is really going all out in the long run here, aren't they?

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Status
Not open for further replies.