Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 410 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest question...

With how great all these rides are sounding... Which one to rope drop on opening day? Right now I'm between DK and Frankenstein's Castle.

On one hand, I love the Donkey Kong Country series and the mine cart jumping coaster sounds amazing. On the other, I also love Forbidden Journey and the potential of that system going all in on the horror aspect with the classic monsters.
Donkey Kong. I'm a big fan of the games and the capacity is gonna suck, so I'm going there first.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
I still think it’s a family spinner. I still think it’ll be relegated to the theater footprint and courtyard. But will wait for further construction before deciding how I feel about these rumors.
The main problem in my opinion is throughput. If this coaster is a small family coaster we may get another Pteranodon-flyers situation as a lot of guests could ride it and demand would be high. I hope it's a family coaster and has enough capacity to handle the demand.

The main problem in my opinion is throughput. If this coaster is a small family coaster we may get another Pteranodon-flyers situation as a lot of guests could ride it and demand would be high. I hope it's a family coaster and has enough capacity to handle the demand.

Really depends on dispatch speeds. If the trains each carry 4 guests, they'll have to dispatch every 10 seconds like Forbidden Journey to reach 1,440 THRC. The fastest and most practical dispatch rate for any coaster would probably be in the ~20-25 secs range at the fastest which would significantly reduce its capacity.

If Universal can dispatch each train in 10 seconds, that would be spectacular.

I believe that a lot of these things away from the main coaster area aren't actually coaster footings.

Coaster supports in the middle of an access road don't make sense, but drainage/utility vaults there do. And the objects in those spots have no rebar on top like the obvious coaster footings do.

And the short rows of footings by the restaurants are really weird... they are closer together than I would expect for any coaster and seemingly aimed directly at the backs of the restaurants.

I believe that a lot of these things away from the main coaster area aren't actually coaster footings.

Coaster supports in the middle of an access road don't make sense, but drainage/utility vaults there do. And the objects in those spots have no rebar on top like the obvious coaster footings do.

And the short rows of footings by the restaurants are really weird... they are closer together than I would expect for any coaster and seemingly aimed directly at the backs of the restaurants.
So catacombs of Paris? Themed sewers......

I think the small rows might be related to grease traps or something else for the restaurants yea.

While the additional shapes in the access road may not appear on the concrete footprint site plan, I bet they would show up in a pipe/utility schematic for the area.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 6.24.54 PM.png

Those definitely are not coaster footers. Plumbing related. Hard to say for sure from that distance, but 3 separate grease traps with tall risers are the most likely answer. You can kinda tell the tops are sewer lids. I never looked at them that close until Alicia mentioned grease traps, but I'd say thats what those have to be.

And once you look at the rest of the "footers" leading across the front of the manor to these, you can see they aren't coaster footers either.

View attachment 17173

Those definitely are not coaster footers. Plumbing related. Hard to say for sure from that distance, but 3 separate grease traps with tall risers are the most likely answer. You can kinda tell the tops are sewer lids. I never looked at them that close until Alicia mentioned grease traps, but I'd say thats what those have to be.

And once you look at the rest of the "footers" leading across the front of the manor to these, you can see they aren't coaster footers either.

Last edited:
Hahaha. In any other park outside of Universal or Disney we'd be hoping the coaster would big bigger and take up more space. Here it's "please keep this within reason."

I think this kind of gets to the distinction between theme parks and amusement parks, and what we expect/want from each.

That's probably a big enough discussion for its own thread at some point.

I think this kind of gets to the distinction between theme parks and amusement parks, and what we expect/want from each.

That's probably a big enough discussion for its own thread at some point.

I think you'd like this post by Jeremy at RCP

I think you'd like this post by Jeremy at RCP

That is truly excellent analysis.

We’re never going to have definitions of each term that everybody can agree on, so it comes down to our personal interpretation of what makes a theme park a theme park and an amusement park an amusement park. And even those can be hard to articulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.