Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 409 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Around 2019-2020 Universal patented a gondola system similar to Disney, I haven't seen much talk about this since then. Has this been completely scrapped or just not something being talked about right now. For me it is a great idea, connecting USO, IOA and Volcano Bay with Epic Universe via gondola system would be fantastic. I remember the patent being a bit different than Disney's system. Buses do not seem like the answer to the transportation questions surrounding a brand new modern park like what Epic Universe , or at least buses shouldn't be the answer. How about high speed shuttle tubes? Anything but more buses, please.
The new Kirkman extension is going to have dedicated bus lanes (kind of like what they have for getting to Volcano Bay from the parking garage). That will make the trip from the North park to Epic a little faster. I can even predict that Universal will probably give free rides to those with both park tickets. A gondola system running through the busiest part of Orlando's tourist district would be cost prohibitive at this time. Especially since there is plenty of parking at both parks. Disney was able to make it happen because they own everything in, around and between their parks.

Eek, will be cool kinetic energy but concerns me about the sight lines for the land with the coaster potentially going in front of the facade for the main attraction.
If it's going the way we think it's going the. It won't go in front of the Manor. I suspect an airtime hill at the end of the village, similar to this interacts with the walk way before you get to entrance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220824-121058_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220824-121058_Twitter.jpg
    664.5 KB · Views: 33
I'd feel much, much better about this project if they were going to be mostly hiding the coaster track and supports in and on buildings, or in a (very) densely-planted plot of trees. Based on the existing site plan we've seen, that doesn't appear to be possible.

Are there going to be any places in this land where you can just sit and soak up some spooky atmosphere, particularly at night? Seems like the coaster will now be visible and audible from everywhere. (Disclaimer: Yes, I know big coaster fans see coasters as providing their own kind of energy and atmosphere in a positive way.)

When the show was part of the plan, it looks like entire bottom left to left section of the land (looking at it from the site plan view) would have fit the bill for the creepier area of the land.

But what if they don’t replant the trees in Jurassic Park?!?!?

I mean... they did a good job given the circumstances, but there are plenty of trees they didn't replant because they couldn't!

I'd hope that if this is a Mack Spinner that we have low to the ground turns through the village like the ones you see at the 50 second mark here.

I'd hope that if this is a Mack Spinner that we have low to the ground turns through the village like the ones you see at the 50 second mark here.

How I wish SWO were doing this instead of a B&M standup. Ah well can't really complain after what we've gotten the last couple years lol.

I think it is intentional to make a busy bustleing place. Maybe they just had no faith it would be that good?
It's better to think they're opting for a different in-park experience, whatever that is (we'll find out when we literally, physically get there). That said it's also safe to assume that between SNW, HP, and HTTYD, this land isn't likely to be attracting a majority of the rope-droppers. I have to assume they're aware of that and these changes are a reflection of that reflection but personally I'd be hesitant to immediately judge the quality on this area at all right now, bad or good.

There once was an era for Jaws, now it is an era of Monsters in a new park (in context of having an attraction/land with that "Classic Universal" feel), something for fans of older things while introducing a new generation to these classics. I think what's been happening over at Mummy with the recent merchandise has been both for early marketing and merchandise testing and to get these icons in the minds of Universal park goers so they're not a total surprise come EU's opening day. (Keep in mind the average vacationer still has no idea what's going on and won't until they're in the park, if they're sentient.)

I think it'll be fine.

It's hard to know all the adjustments that have been made since these plans were first made. The downtime we had over the last few years did cause a lot of problems but creatively, it gave artists and designers some breathing room they otherwise wouldn't have had and not specific to this industry. This may be a result of being able to change some things before it was actually too late if the original timeline had stuck.

Eek, will be cool kinetic energy but concerns me about the sight lines for the land with the coaster potentially going in front of the facade for the main attraction.
I wouldn't write it off so quick. Since HP's been the comparison here I would expect the coaster and the mansion to be a similar to the train bridge and the dragon atop Gringotts. It's a good way to get guests to look up and get pulled towards the back of Diagon Alley. It'll probably work the same here.

After Diagon Alley and Jurassic Park with Veloci, sightlines and facades should be the least concern here. I don't think we're dealing with another Epcot situation.

We know nothing about this coaster and the surrounding theming yet. At least wait until permits come out.

It's not our fault Universal went off script. There's also concern they forgot what "last summer" means when it comes to reopening Mummy! It's utter chaos! We're entering the most precarious years in Universal history! :lol:

The biggest question...

With how great all these rides are sounding... Which one to rope drop on opening day? Right now I'm between DK and Frankenstein's Castle.

On one hand, I love the Donkey Kong Country series and the mine cart jumping coaster sounds amazing. On the other, I also love Forbidden Journey and the potential of that system going all in on the horror aspect with the classic monsters.

I hope the coaster is super loud and gets really close to your face so you're always afraid to die. There should be no escape from the terrifying death rattles of steel against steel penetrating the peace of your once serene vacation. A true horror experience, so to speak.

Reactions: Happytycho
The biggest question...

With how great all these rides are sounding... Which one to rope drop on opening day? Right now I'm between DK and Frankenstein's Castle.

On one hand, I love the Donkey Kong Country series and the mine cart jumping coaster sounds amazing. On the other, I also love Forbidden Journey and the potential of that system going all in on the horror aspect with the classic monsters.
Personal preference aside, I’d go with Monsters since this is the attraction’s worldwide premiere, DK is gonna open in Japan first

Status
Not open for further replies.