Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 404 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tourism angle is pretty much the only way for the land to work. Why else would thousands of people suddenly be in their village? Why else would the villagers be selling themed merch? Every other land/attraction Universal and Disney have made within the last few decades has had a coherent story of why "we" are there, from the Wizarding World making us students, to Galaxy's Edge roleplaying tourists as Rebels (or First Order sympathizers). The "tourist" angle is the same as Jurassic Park / Velocicoaster, in more ways than one, as this land is also considered a (family friendly) "horror" land. For example, imagine a 'scary' meet n greet, "Frankenstein's Encounter," with a Frankenstein's Monster in chains. Universal has the blueprints on how to make this work.

@Alicia have you done a video listing the rumored restaurants going into EU?
This video shows every permitted restaurant we know about, but it is a year old so some (non-restaurant) details are already outdated.

Instead, for ease of use, you can check this speculation map for listings of every restaurant we think we know about so far.

Epic-Universe-Concept-Art-Labels2020j.jpg

The quick service right below Wizarding World, which was a space themed burger place, may have been cut. We are not sure. yet.

Not pictured, a Starbucks is also permitted, likely possibly located near the fountain in the hub, close to the hotel.

This is from last month over at Screamscape (7/10/22), "space is being left open in the park to add at least 3 or 4 more new lands over the years after it opens."

Is there actually enough land for 3-4 new lands? I've always assumed they had two expansion pads for "lands" and plenty of additional expansion pads for individual rides within the lands.

This is from last month over at Screamscape (7/10/22), "space is being left open in the park to add at least 3 or 4 more new lands over the years after it opens."

Is there actually enough land for 3-4 new lands? I've always assumed they had two expansion pads for "lands" and plenty of additional expansion pads for individual rides within the lands.
There is technically enough space for 4 lands.

Left expansion plot between Nintendo and Monsters, which is 7 acres

The one on right *could* be split into two, since it is over 20 acres in size

And, there is a small expansion just to the right of Nintendo, big enough for a mini land with a Secret Life of Pets ride, cafe and shop, if they wanted too. This space may have originally been designed for a theater off the hub with possible access from non theme park guests near the park entrance as well. -Or, it could be reserved for a large parade building later on. In any case, it’s an expansion plot that can be used.

As I said before, I have no idea what a "European village" is, but this is the one where I live, it's Arcen, it's very small and tons of tourists visit it yearly. I wouldn't call it tacky but we don't have any fictional monsters to fall back on. What I try to say it that the whole tourist thing doesn't need to be horrible, I love my little village.
The village center:
1660588601668.png

The castle entrance:
1660588724554.png

Small part of the castle gardens:
1660588922969.png
The old water mill:
1660588784728.png

The inside of the old watermill is a bar:
1660588853893.png

The tower (or what is left of it):
1660589009342.png
Our Hertog Jan brewery (best beer in the world):
1660589501943.png

Last edited:
I'm hoping the land is basically a mix of the Germany pavilion at Epcot and the actual street sets used in the original movies...
530.png

15.jpg

... plus landscaping to evoke a spooky forest at the edge of town.

I freaking love this concept for classic monsters! I just hope creative finds a way to convey to the average guest why they are there :dance:. If done right this could be even more storytelling between land and ride than potter.

Last edited:
Someone needs to invent the opposite of color blind glasses. So that when you put on the reverse glasses everything looks black and white.

As I said before, I have no idea what a "European village" is, but this is the one where I live, it's Arcen, it's very small and tons of tourists visit it yearly. I wouldn't call it tacky but we don't have any fictional monsters to fall back on. What I try to say it that the whole tourist thing doesn't need to be horrible, I love my little village.
That's funny, I live in Beuningen near Nijmegen, about 45 minutes from Arcen.

Reactions: tielo
Yeah I think the nail has been hit on the head with Tielos real life village example

Its similar in the UK you get villages near castles or beaches or parks or such that adjust to handle the tourists, shops, cafes, pubs and the like to handle the people visiting

When people hear tourist trap the reason they get worried is they probably think of Dino-Rama from animal kingdom

When people hear tourist trap the reason they get worried is they probably think of Dino-Rama from animal kingdom

Haha. That's immediately where my head went to after reading that.

A small, pretty, yet otherwise-insignificant village, off the beaten path, trying to turn itself into a tourist destination by capitalizing on a monster myth from the past--the more I think about that angle (if that's the angle) the more I like it. Many of the best places to visit in Europe (IMHO) are the small, otherwise insignificant villages off the beaten path. And please Universal find a way to let the monsters come out at night.

"Tourist trap," as a phrase, implies a certain degree of crassness. That doesn't necessarily mean that will translate to the land, but I'm leery about it being handled in a way that is goofy and runs the risk of making the Monsters into a joke.

There's probably a good way in which to do the tourism angle, and I hope real thought is put into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.