Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like video games and I've almost never played them. When I have I think they are boring and pointless. I don't oppose to hardly any since I'm not educatedin games like black ops, Call of Duty, or Halo things like that. I can't say I don't like them because I hardly know what it's about. On the other hand, Mario and Nintendo have been out for a while and my parents never liked the fact that any child was wasting money and time on this. They were very traditional.

Edit: I'm referring to that fact that I don't like video games because even though I've hardly played them, I have once or twice at a friends house and I don't find it fun in that sense.

Video Games, are meant to entertain. And, that for a while; they have been great ways to tell stories that couldn't be otherwise done in a limited film runtime.

There is flexibility, and that is why people love games at a lot of the time, because its a way to show different worlds that couldn't be easily achieved.

Now, you could make the argument that it does the same as TV and literature could, and that there is a fair point. Both allow more time to be fleshed out, and conveyed potentially on a better scale.

That's how I see it.

Back to a particular topic, dates. When are we thinking that this will open? Could it potentially open by 2021; or should we be looking a year or two after that?

Whoa whoa whoa. Chill there. That's bad show.
Sorry. I want to be a video game designer when I grow up, and people who say video games are pointless are literally missing the point. They're not supposed to have a point or be serious (except for certain games like the last of us and life is strange), they're supposed to entertain. Also, anime is a very popular form of art, and its kind of a tradition in japan. If you like american animation, you should like japanese animation as well

Reactions: anihilnation
Back to a particular topic, dates. When are we thinking that this will open? Could it potentially open by 2021; or should we be looking a year or two after that?
I'm thinking a year or two after that. Given they have announced the DC replacement, need to close, level, and build SNW, are most likely pursuing a VB expansion sooner rather than later, are actively building Aventura, and would most likely want to have 1-2 hotels next to the new gate before it opens, I don't think they have the resources available to have that much going on at once and hit a 2021 opening.

Reactions: Jonea32
Sorry. I want to be a video game designer when I grow up, and people who say video games are pointless are literally missing the point. They're not supposed to have a point or be serious (except for certain games like the last of us and life is strange), they're supposed to entertain. Also, anime is a very popular form of art, and its kind of a tradition in japan. If you like american animation, you should like japanese animation as well

Sure. That doesn't give you a right to bad mouth someone's upbringing or parents. Let's all move on now for the sake of sanity.

2021 is optimistic but I think they could pull it off. I'm sure they want something big to go against WDW's 50th.

What kind of name do we give a new park with distinct separate lands filled with adventurous properties?

Universal's Archipelago of Escapade
, opening Summer 2021

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
Re: Nintendo. I think it is going to be a beautiful land. I think the rides are going to be great. I think the merch will fly off the shelves.
But I don't believe it will be an attendance booster domestically (namely, Orlando).

Reactions: fryoj
2022/23 is what I see. Remember, there developing another resort area that needs infrastructure as well.

While I agree, I think it's more possible than you may be leading on to have it ready by Late 2021 (potentially early 2022 if they need to push back).

As it stands right now, we have this;

2017: Volcano Bay, Race Through New York, CB Expansion
2018: Supercharged, Potential JPRA Renovation, Adventura
2019: Hogsmeade Phase 2.

We don't know about Nintendo or the WNW hotels, so perhaps it is pushed to 2022. Either way, I think it's going to happen before 2023.

Really? Why?

I believe it is going to be immensely popular in Japan to where it will make the opening of Diagon Alley look like child's play. But I don't believe it will have near the popularity in the US. I think it will be a popular land in terms of merch sales, rides, customer satisfaction and everything that is great about a land- I just don't believe it will be an Attendence driver like they might think it will be.

That won't necessarily be a bad thing though. If overall spend and satisfaction goes up, like I believe it will be- it's a win.

So to answer your question- Why? No clue. I guess my gut? It's just an opinion based on feeling and no stats to back it up- so it's literally a useless opinion. Hah. :)

Reactions: fryoj
I believe it is going to be immensely popular in Japan to where it will make the opening of Diagon Alley look like child's play. But I don't believe it will have near the popularity in the US. I think it will be a popular land in terms of merch sales, rides, customer satisfaction and everything that is great about a land- I just don't believe it will be an Attendence driver like they might think it will be.

That won't necessarily be a bad thing though. If overall spend and satisfaction goes up, like I believe it will be- it's a win.

So to answer your question- Why? No clue. I guess my gut? It's just an opinion based on feeling and no stats to back it up- so it's literally a useless opinion. Hah. :)
Universal's attendance has been on the rise the last few years...To think they wont receive an attendance jump may be underestimating the brand power and reach of Nintendo..Even with Universal's negative "all screens" PR that they've had to address, I still think it will have major impact on the parks

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
Universal's attendance has been on the rise the last few years...To think they wont receive an attendance jump may be underestimating the brand power and reach of Nintendo..Even with Universal's negative "all screens" PR that they've had to address, I still think it will have major impact on the parks
Yes- and I believe they are getting pretty darned close to capacity at the parks. Another ~4 years of growth with a potter expansion in between and at least 3 more hotels- 2 of which are massive.

I think Nintendo is what will make Universal a more expensive park and they'll have higher spend per guest. I just don't believe it's going to be this "I have to schedule a trip to Orlando to see Nintendo" exodus like some on here are thinking.

I'm going to disagree here. Volcano Bay, Fallon, and Kong should have taught us we don't know the GP. Pandora doesn't seem to bring people in as much as was anticipated based on price cuts and discounts despite huge positive reviews while VB with negative reviews still is hitting capacity, Fallon which we thought would be lame and not attendance driver is being loved by the populace and Kong doesn't being a plussed clone from Hollywood still is liked.

Right now, Geek is in. Comics, video games, superheroes, sci-fi, animation, and horror are all blooming and mainly the fandoms are fighting over which one should be the most popular. I think Nintendo will do the best and the best choice. If a theme park adds those, people will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.