Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
image-jpg.94854

There are some cool things I can think of that would be theme park attraction esque but i feel like people would drown in them. But it would be cool if they had somethink like pirates or small world but instread of boats you flow through on tubes. Some kind of river dark ride.

I don't care how next generation this park is, if parking is problematic, locals will stay away. And it will need locals for at least its first half decade to stay afloat.

But parking isn't problematic. The Universal Parking garages are huge and your car will likely be in a shaded parking space. Take the escalators or elevators to the ground floor and hop on a bus for a 5 minute ride right to the turn-styles of Volcano Bay.

Also a few years back, a few of us took a survey regarding transportation to and from the water park. Not sure if any of you remember but one of the options were trams with seats lined with plastic. So they might be plannign to have trams going back and forth vs buses.

Millions of people do this every year to get to Magic Kingdom. If they can get away with not having parking right outside the front gate, a little water park will be able to as well.

Also a few years back, a few of us took a survey regarding transportation to and from the water park. Not sure if any of you remember but one of the options were trams with seats lined with plastic. So they might be plannign to have trams going back and forth vs buses.

Yes, I remember that survey since I took it also.....One possibility for locals that hasn't been mentioned yet, I think, is utilizing the Wet & Wild parking lot (I would strongly guess W&W will close) before they start building hotels or whatever in that area. They could charge a rate that's about half of the parking garage's rate and run trams/buses to the park. That's really not that much further than the back reaches of the WDW theme park lots. I would surmise that Uni is going for more of a family & higher spending demographic so I would think that parking charges & higher ticket rates will be the order of the day. For Volcano Bay, they'll probably attempt to retain the W&W locals they want demographic wise,in addition to increased usage by Universal guests and trips from WDW guests.... Universal is going to have to add floors to the existing parking garages and/or build new ones to provide for the increased park attendances soon anyway. It will be interesting to see where they will be built.

I'll be all for spending money in the water park but they better have some kind of way to pay with some magic band type system then I get charged at the end of the day. I will put my stuff in a locker and not want to go get it while wet to pay for food or drinks.

I'll be all for spending money in the water park but they better have some kind of way to pay with some magic band type system then I get charged at the end of the day. I will put my stuff in a locker and not want to go get it while wet to pay for food or drinks.
Hell, Aquatica and Adventure Island have a Magic Band-esque type system for their water parks as an upcharge. They actively promote leaving your wallet in your locker.

So if Sea World can do it than Universal definitely can and hopefully a lot better.

Hell, Aquatica and Adventure Island have a Magic Band-esque type system for their water parks as an upcharge. They actively promote leaving your wallet in your locker.

So if Sea World can do it than Universal definitely can and hopefully a lot better.

Cool. I haven't been to any of the central florida water parks in years.

Last edited:
^ So at least now, we all know that you have a penchant for working at water parks! The go-to guy for water park ops.
Well technically I was only ever a permanent TM at one park (Adventure Island Tampa), but when I worked at Disney, I worked at Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon fairly regularly, even though it wasn't my home park.

But yeah, i'm at the very least pretty familiar with how things run at these parks.

Volcano eruptions cause earthquakes sometimes right? What if the wave pool has crazy waves because of an "Eruption/Earthquake" effect they'll put underground ? :)
I'm only expecting the Volcano to erupt with water and the wave pool to start, almost play-by-play how it's done at Typhoon Lagoon. If anything is done differently, then it's already a positive most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.