Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited my previous post out.

They will have to pay for their water park tickets prior to free parking. There will probably be a dedicated parking gate for this.

So if you wait to buy your tickets at the gate, you have to pay for parking? Yikes.

No, to get the free parking, you have to show that you already have tickets for that day, or buy them at the parking gate. Either way it is free. No ticky, no parky free.
I've seen it take 10 minutes for someone to pay for parking itself. It's really scary to try to imagine someone buying tickets for their family/group at the parking gate.

Reactions: *Q*
My only question is the pricing of the parking. I don't see how they can charge people $17 if they are parking for the water park, especially when Disney parking for water parks is free.

Aquatica and Wet & Wild charge for parking. I'm sure lots of other water parks do too.

If they want to do free parking perhaps they could just give a coupon at the parking gates with each parking purchase that would discount the water park purchase for the amount of parking.

So, are these just storm water runoff drains?

CN1FiwmVEAALRkv.jpg

Looks like concrete catch basins to me, used for drainage.

What if someone was to use the free parking to go to the water park for a couple of hours, and then go to the theme parks? Would that be possible? I don't think it'll be a big issue, but it's something that could happen.

What if someone was to use the free parking to go to the water park for a couple of hours, and then go to the theme parks? Would that be possible? I don't think it'll be a big issue, but it's something that could happen.

Universal will not care at that point, because they will know that they already got some money out of you. If you want to then go to citywalk or a park, then they know that they will probably make some more.

Reactions: floridakid and Blue
If that was your plan, it wouldn't be free parking, it'd be the most expensive parking ever at the price of 1 car for waterpark ticket prices lol

Universal will not care at that point, because they will know that they already got some money out of you. If you want to then go to citywalk or a park, then they know that they will probably make some more.

Good point.

If they are charging parking for Wet & Wild, what would be the logic to not charge parking for a water park that will be multiple times better?

If they are charging parking for Wet & Wild, what would be the logic to not charge parking for a water park that will be multiple times better?
Yeah I agree, it doesn't make sense to not charge. I doubt they are going to need free parking as an incentive to fill the park up. I think the only reason Disney doesn't charge at their water parks is they don't want to staff it, and it's much smaller lots so it's not a big issue.

I wonder how much longer it will be until we start to see vertical construction. This is a big project so I'd figure by christmas time they'd have to be that far along if they want to make Spring/Summer 2017.

Reactions: anihilnation

But If I have a ticket that includes it, what stops me from parking for free and just going straight to a theme park or city walk? Unless they scan the ticket and take for admission at the parking gate.

Wow, great pictures awhen!!!

Notice the massive water intakes on both ends of the building. It appears they are building a massive underground tank on the far left, probably for the wave pool. Note what appears to be the wave tank "baffles?" to the immediate right of the intakes. The opposite end also has smaller water intakes, presumably for the rivers. What an engineering marvel!

Reactions: anihilnation
Stellar shots awhen!

Seeing everything at once is the only way to appreciate how huge the site, and the pit / water tank, actually are. Makes you realise this is totally enough space for a park like this. With some creative work on the park layout and sight lines, this will feel huge once it's built up and divided into smaller areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.