Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stellar shots awhen!

Seeing everything at once is the only way to appreciate how huge the site, and the pit / water tank, actually are. Makes you realise this is totally enough space for a park like this. With some creative work on the park layout and sight lines, this will feel huge once it's built up and divided into smaller areas.
Yes. And once the finished product is built, it will seem even larger.

...This caught my eye on something..theres a path in there, could that possibly be for the lazy river?

Historically, there was a lazy river on the western side of the volcano that skimmed both north and south. The second river also did north and south but more center of the volcano with one part traveling through the volcano. There were no rivers on the eastern side of the property.

Are you saying there will be 2 lazy rivers? What will be the difference between the 2 rivers?
Thinks Teebin said, in the past, there would be two lazy rivers, one of which will partially go through the volcano. It has also been said that lazy rivers might be used to connect different rides.

Wow, great pictures awhen!!!

Notice the massive water intakes on both ends of the building. It appears they are building a massive underground tank on the far left, probably for the wave pool. Note what appears to be the wave tank "baffles?" to the immediate right of the intakes. The opposite end also has smaller water intakes, presumably for the rivers. What an engineering marvel!

I love your insights, but I would love it even more if you drew it over the pictures.

This wasn't so difficult, but sometimes I find it difficult to see the location of what is being described

Reactions: Cheezbat
Yes, you can clearly see brick work rising from the out. I posted a pic on Twitter earlier today, not sure if you can see on there or not though.

From October 8th.

A panorama from the other tower this time (original is 14,136x2716).

This is the same angle as the previous panorama. I especially like the workers huddled against the wall in the lower right. I apologize for the bad reflection in this shot. Maybe I should get a polarizer. :)

Great pic awhen! That panorama really makes one appreciate the organization that goes into construction. How does one begin? It is really amazing how things get organized, constructed and finally give rise to something great.

Status
Not open for further replies.