Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The newer pump location in the distant concrete work was once the location of both the beginning and end of the feature slide. That also might be used for the west most river.

OK so I just received a survey. Please note that it did not state anything about confidentiality hence why I am sharing:

Just some notes:

This new water park will be a tropical island water theme park featuring three distinct villages and the iconic volcano that serves as the heart of the water park.

Thrill seekers will enjoy speed slides, drop slides, a wave pool with unpredictable waves crashing from almost all directions, and the heart-pumping exhilaration of a water coaster featuring the latest technology. Those seeking relaxation can drift through a waterfall, float in a grotto, explore a glowing cave with special water effects, or just soak in the lush scenery while coasting along the lazy river.

Volcano Bay will feature many unique offerings ..... and Virtual Queuing, which allows guests to reserve appointments for the rides and then simply relax, instead of spending time standing in line.

Interesting that its mentioned of the Wave pool having a certain thing said from findings in patients..and its nice to hear something of a Virtual line will be used, it may help out a bit with the experience. And is it me or why am I hoping one of those villages will have a bar? It'd make a lot of sense.

In any case; i'm excited to hear more.

The Virtual Queuing sounds really interesting.

A lot of water parks offer this and it's different than Q-Bot or FP+. Virtual Queueing gets rid of all lines and unlike FP+ there is no caste system for guests. Building a park around it will be interesting.

Also one of the questions asked about ranking add on packages and the VIP has mention something about priority for a tram so not sure if that is means trans will be involved for sure or not.

Wet 'n Wild currently offers a Slide Reservation System. It appears you receive a watch to use for the day and have to return it at the end of the day.

I wonder if this is similar to what VB will use for their virtual queue system - perhaps they are testing it at WnW first. :)

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I can't be positive but it appears there is a piece of steel going vertical out of the foundation of the volcano. Could be a piece of crane but I don't think so. Hopefully someone can get over to the area and check it out.

I'm not sure but could this be the start of vertical construction on the Volcano?
B3E6DC4F-96F3-4037-ACD4-005B470B6E1B_zpsx6nr3o3k.jpg
60645AAF-6B78-458C-A9C0-CB756ADC546A_zpslj7a5dpz.jpg
1818DF79-3654-4B91-BABC-B8C519736595_zpsydlnddyr.jpg

Possibly, unless that is some kind of rig that I am unfamiliar with. Odd that it is two verticals only with no apparent support structure. Hmmm.

Update: a wide shot just showed up on twitter that shows that it is in fact leaning. It was hard to tell in the above shots. The shot also seemed to show that it was bolted to the concrete all permanent like. Look for https://twitter.com/Dibz987

Last edited:
You can see in the last picture they have attached temporary steel cables on all 4 sides to keep it vertical until additional supports are added.

Reactions: Teebin
If that was your plan, it wouldn't be free parking, it'd be the most expensive parking ever at the price of 1 car for waterpark ticket prices lol

Not necessary. I assume Universal will have a 3 park ticket that will cover a few days. If you park there every day for free and then head to the parks, it won't cost you anything.

Unless they limit how many days you can park there, I don't see a way they can enforce this without charging you for parking unless they charge you for parking if you don't use your ticket for the VB that day but even then you could cross the road, walk into VB and then head to the parks.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Where would the tram leave from, from the bottom of that parking garage? So people who stay onside (or like me take public transportation) will have to get to there, or will the tram connect to the bus depot and the parking garage is just used strictly for VB? But then even if VB would have cheaper parking, how would they know a guest is really going to VB?

Status
Not open for further replies.