Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from February this year before construction really started. Just a hunch but is that the shape of the volcano?

AUDTqyu.jpg

This is from February this year before construction really started. Just a hunch but is that the shape of the volcano?

No, that was just a big pile of Florida earth (better known as sand) awaiting use for some aspects of grading the property. The volcano is located dead center of the triangle that is the property.

Is this still scheduled to open in about 18 months?

Theoretically, less than that... It is beginning to look a bit dicey. They aren't even close to sculpting the thing. How many months was expedition everest sitting there being sculpted? I probably have a photo record myself, let me check.

June 2004, steel frame nearly completed
Oct. 2004 steel mostly finished, interior sculpting in progress
Nov. 2005 sculpt and painting finished

Hmm...

Last edited:
Are they having to build multiple reservoirs underground or are these very deep basement foundations filter and pump rooms? Mystified.

The following is looking south, turkey is far right just next to this other foundation.

from @orlparkpass
CVGBOC1WwAAAlTm.jpg
Theoretically, less than that... It is beginning to look a bit dicey. They aren't even close to sculpting the thing. How many months was expedition everest sitting there being sculpted? I probably have a photo record myself, let me check.

June 2004, steel frame nearly completed
Oct. 2004 steel mostly finished, interior sculpting in progress
Nov. 2005 sculpt and painting finished

Hmm...

We all know Universal works at twice the speed so we should see sculpting and painting finished by August.

No but seriously, 18 months isn't that far away. In my head 2017 is a long ways away.

I don't quite understand why this retaining steel has been pounded into place. Is it for the building of the oval towers (one side) or the lazy river (other, although the rivers won't be deep). I cannot imagine the towers would require a deep dig unless they will have basement areas. And the custom wooden edging??? Hmmm. I love watching these projects being built.

from @orlparkpass
CVfP7g5XAAAzER7.jpg

BTW, where is the artwork that showed the oval towers. Was it a NOC document?

Last edited:
Reactions: floridakid and *Q*
It amazes me that everything is right where it was located two years ago. Those three satellite foundations are the load areas for numerous and various slides. Building them that substantially suggest that perhaps they will be themed to geologic features or temples, but I promise that I have no idea really.

I wasn't able to get pics of this yesterday - but while I was driving down Turkey Lake; I saw good-sized tubing sticking up from the ground near that small building on the right of the property.

I wasn't able to get pics of this yesterday - but while I was driving down Turkey Lake; I saw good-sized tubing sticking up from the ground near that small building on the right of the property.

Right of the property in the satellite photo above? Not sure what building you are talking about.

Every time I drive by this site I hope to see some serious steel stretching into the sky...seems they're taking forever to really get the vertical construction going...

Curious when we'll see more concept artwork too.

Every time I drive by this site I hope to see some serious steel stretching into the sky...seems they're taking forever to really get the vertical construction going...

Curious when we'll see more concept artwork too.

I imagine there is a lot more going on than what we're seeing. Once it goes vertical, it will move at a frantic pace and then we play the waiting game again.

It's hard to believe that bit of artwork came out about 7 months ago.

I imagine there is a lot more going on than what we're seeing. Once it goes vertical, it will move at a frantic pace and then we play the waiting game again.

It's hard to believe that bit of artwork came out about 7 months ago.
I think so too, in a few months it'll be: where did all this come from? Then another couple of months later: OMG ... then by the end of 2016 ...

I finally took a peek at how giant wave pools work. It was not as I expected it to be. (I am not sure this is how a blizzard beach or typhoon lagoon works but it seems logical that they do)

I start you at page three of the article as the previous pages are regarding kiddie gentle wave pools. Don't click the video links as none of them work:

Just Add Water - How Wave Pools Work
(3,4, and 5 are the most pertinent)

Reactions: princeinc
Status
Not open for further replies.