Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, none of the 4 slides that are currently being installed are mat racers. It was already noted that at least 2 are a newer slide by ProSlide that feature turns with a wider radius open tube that changes the dynamic of the flow through the turn. The other two look to be like the more typical ProSlide single tube slides. The mat racer slide pieces are still in the staging area by Wet n Wild, as seen in the update video.

EDIT: Unless you're talking about the Volcano? But still, there's only one tube section in, and that won't be for a mat racer. Not sure where you're seeing mat racer slide pieces going up.
The ones that are up are Proslide Serpentine, correct? I hope they will use those newer single tubes as on Aquatica's Omaka Roka, they have a nice manouverability.

^ Right, problem is, I don't see much of difference between the octopus and what has been installed. Serpentine covers a broad base it seems.

Look at this picture:
ProSlide OctopusRACER: Loop de loop race
Indeed, serpentine is more of a new approach to their classical slides, besides the wider turns they probably have different ways of controlling the water flow. I definitly like the look of them.

That would be pretty cool.

I've had a search through this thread but couldn't find anything. Is anything from Wet n Wild getting moved to Volcano Bay?
I think Teebin once said no. Plus, WnW is still open until the end of the year, and by the time it does, I'd expect a lot of the work to be done, and what will be left will be theming. Also, for Universal buying slides is probably nothing lol.

I don't believe so. We were discussing whether they'll sell off the Wet n Wild slides to another company.
If funspot still has plans for a waterpark, maybe some will end up there. Originally funspot had said they would have an expansion before WnW closed, this seems unlikely however, so maybe because they will buy some of the slides, of course, could just be funspot is instead planning something bigger than originally conceived.

Reactions: Scott W.
If funspot still has plans for a waterpark, maybe some will end up there. Originally funspot had said they would have an expansion before WnW closed, this seems unlikely however, so maybe because they will buy some of the slides, of course, could just be funspot is instead planning something bigger than originally conceived.
I think their idea was to become the "new" Wet n Wild, which wouldn't be a bad idea. I can see them taking some of the undeveloped land around them and building a large park on par with the current Wet n Wild.

The reason it came to mind was because of the talk about mat racing slides and Aqua Drag Racer isn't that old but thinking about it now, I don't think it would be that simple to just paint it since the plastic is colour molded when made.

I'm sure this will be a great waterpark but so far the slides look more Aquatica level theming than Typhoon Lagoon. That's not necessarily a bad thing, both are great, but SO FAR it doesn't look like the next level kind of park I envisaged.

I understand there's still a years worth of construction to go, but it seems like these slides in particular won't be built into the landscape. Suppose they are building a slide/s into a 200ft Volcano though.

I'm sure this will be a great waterpark but so far the slides look more Aquatica level theming than Typhoon Lagoon. That's not necessarily a bad thing, both are great, but SO FAR it doesn't look like the next level kind of park I envisaged.

I understand there's still a years worth of construction to go, but it seems like these slides in particular won't be built into the landscape. Suppose they are building a slide/s into a 200ft Volcano though.
Yeah, this to me is one of the most disappointing parts of this project. When you call something a "water theme park" I don't expect to see visible brightly colored slides and their supports. It has kind of a cheap tacky feel much like Wet N Wild. I'm hoping it somehow works but I'm kind of doubtful.

I want this discussed on the podcast. Take a drink every time dem boys hilariously mispronounce schlitterbahn.

Yeah, this to me is one of the most disappointing parts of this project. When you call something a "water theme park" I don't expect to see visible brightly colored slides and their supports. It has kind of a cheap tacky feel much like Wet N Wild. I'm hoping it somehow works but I'm kind of doubtful.

Wouldn't say cheap and tacky. I don't look at Aquatica and think cheap, but I think the theming at Disneys 2 water parks is evidently a few notches above.

I now expect this to be a grade above Aquatica, but ultimately still one below Typhoon and Blizzard. How the Volcano is utilised will be key.

Reactions: s8film40

Can almost guarantee the fan community will have overhyped this thing. Too bad it's not a Potter water park; it'd be the most thoroughly detailed in the world.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Wouldn't say cheap and tacky. I don't look at Aquatica and think cheap, but I think the theming at Disneys 2 water parks is evidently a few notches above.

I now expect this to be a grade above Aquatica, but ultimately still one below Typhoon and Blizzard. How the Volcano is utilised will be key.

That's sorta like overselling if you're claiming this is a new type of park; it's not even the most lavishly designed in Orlando, much less the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.