What do you shoot with? | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

What do you shoot with?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For landscape would you want something that has a wider frame? With a 50 you could get what 35 would see but you would have to back up a lot to get that much in frame. Then you also have to take into consider since you have the kit lens that reaches 50mm do you want to spend the money to get the f/1.8 but same argument could be made about the 35 also. Do you see yourself using the 50 or 35 in low light situations? And if so then next think about how often you would you would use the lens outside of dark rides and whether you want the extra length the 50 would give you. You could always rent each lens and test them both out and see how each does. What works for me may not work for others or vice versa.

I think I've figured out a test solution in terms of range (I know I want the low light capability, better bokeh, and to have to think a little more creatively with the fixed focal length). I'll just go to the parks and just set my lens to 35mm and 50mm to see what works for me in those shooting situations. The hard part is going to be keeping my hand off the zoom ring and on the focus ring instead. :lol:

I think I've figured out a test solution in terms of range (I know I want the low light capability, better bokeh, and to have to think a little more creatively with the fixed focal length). I'll just go to the parks and just set my lens to 35mm and 50mm to see what works for me in those shooting situations. The hard part is going to be keeping my hand off the zoom ring and on the focus ring instead. :lol:

and that was my only complaint with the 50mm, I always felt like it was too close and always had to backup. Here's my history with lenses

Started with kit Sony 17-50f3.5 and 70-200
First lens bought was 50mm f/1.8 had for maybe 2 months before getting 35mm f/1.8
Fisheye was next and son far my favorite lens.
Picked up a replacement 17-55 Tamron f2.8 to replace kit and sold that one and then my 50mm
Then I got a tamron 70-300mm and sold my 70-2oo Sony kit lens.

My next lens wil be either a 35mm f/1.4 or something extra wide that isn't a fisheye

Having just bought a 50mm lens a few months ago, I wish I would of waited and got a 35mm instead.

You can pick up a 35mm f/1.8 relatively inexpensive, a little more than a 50mm but still with in reach. Ive been eye balling a 35mm f/1.4 but not sure im ready to pull that trigger just yet.

So I received a camera bag with an old Pentax film camera and assorted gear around Christmas from my girlfriend's parents that I hadn't gotten around to looking inside of. When I opened it, it was like opening another Christmas present! There were two Pentax cameras, a flash, some Hoya filters, and about 5 different lenses. One of them just so happens to be an f/2 50mm prime, this one, to be exact. I am really excited to clean it up and find a lens mount adapter (they seem to be between $35-50) and have a 50mm prime to try out for about 1/3 of the cost of a brand new one.

I'm also trying to find out if there's a hot shoe adapter so I can use the flash, but I'm more concerned about trying to clean up the 50mm, then I'll get around to learning how to use the film cameras.

So I received a camera bag with an old Pentax film camera and assorted gear around Christmas from my girlfriend's parents that I hadn't gotten around to looking inside of. When I opened it, it was like opening another Christmas present! There were two Pentax cameras, a flash, some Hoya filters, and about 5 different lenses. One of them just so happens to be an f/2 50mm prime, this one, to be exact. I am really excited to clean it up and find a lens mount adapter (they seem to be between $35-50) and have a 50mm prime to try out for about 1/3 of the cost of a brand new one.

I'm also trying to find out if there's a hot shoe adapter so I can use the flash, but I'm more concerned about trying to clean up the 50mm, then I'll get around to learning how to use the film cameras.

Very awesome :thumbs:

Just pulled the trigger on a Pentax K to Sony A-mount adapter, so I'm crossing my fingers it works as expected (reviews of this and other products from this place seem pretty good). Can't wait to pop on the 50mm and see what happens!

Nikon D40 with 18-55mm kit, Nikon 55-200mm, Nikon 35mm f/1.8, Nikon 50mm f/1.8, SB-700 flash, and an Olympus p&s that is shock and water resistant

Nikon D40 with 18-55mm kit, Nikon 55-200mm, Nikon 35mm f/1.8, Nikon 50mm f/1.8, SB-700 flash, and an Olympus p&s that is shock and water resistant

Quite the set up :thumbs:

The community mailbox that seem to be the only type of mailbox around here is really killing me right now. My roommate has the only key to it that we can find right now and I know my lens adapter is sitting there in the box...but my roommate isn't home! So frustrating. :lol:

I'd be prying that thing open with a butter knife if I was in your position :lol:

I'm ordering my new tripod on Monday, Manfrotto 055xpro legs and a 496rc2 ball head. Just in time for our Disney trip next weekend :happy:

I'd be prying that thing open with a butter knife if I was in your position :lol:

I'm ordering my new tripod on Monday, Manfrotto 055xpro legs and a 496rc2 ball head. Just in time for our Disney trip next weekend :happy:

Nice :thumbs: I have been looking at a travel version. Need a new remote too , unplugged last night and the cable broke leaving the connector in the camera :fist:

Look forward to some nice new pics Mike.:smiley:

Here is what I shoot with

Nikkon D3100
Kit 18 - 55
Sigma 55 - 200

Nice :thumbs: I have been looking at a travel version. Need a new remote too , unplugged last night and the cable broke leaving the connector in the camera :fist:

Look forward to some nice new pics Mike.:smiley:

Here is what I shoot with

Nikkon D3100
Kit 18 - 55
Sigma 55 - 200

Im not sure how Amazon works over by you but here I can find a cheap remote easily under $10. I think I paid $6 for mine when all said and done.

I came this close to pulling the trigger on a used Sony A77 on Amazon this past weekend but my wife made a deal with me. She said if I can hold off for another year that I can get any camera I want. Full frame here I come . . . . in a year :happy: I did end up ordering my new Manfrotto tripod and ball head and got the ball head today and legs will be here tomorrow.