What do you shoot with? | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

What do you shoot with?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I came this close to pulling the trigger on a used Sony A77 on Amazon this past weekend but my wife made a deal with me. She said if I can hold off for another year that I can get any camera I want. Full frame here I come . . . . in a year :happy: I did end up ordering my new Manfrotto tripod and ball head and got the ball head today and legs will be here tomorrow.

Nice one bud :thumbs: nice new toys for the weekend, looking forward to some new pics. Maybe wifey is putting you off cos shes going to treat you :peace:

Give a link Mike to the camera you really want and then one your wife will make you settle on :lol:

Give a link Mike to the camera you really want and then one your wife will make you settle on :lol:

This is the one I want and will get next year :lol: I saw an A77 for $800 on Amazon and she told me to hold off and then next year I can get a really any camera I wanted and her exact words were "just as long as it isnt a $3,000 camera" which the A99 isnt, but does come close :lol: It should come down some by next year and who knows if Sony will release any other full frame by then also.

http://store.sony.com/p/Sony-Alpha-a99-Full-Frame-DSLR-Camera/en/p/SLTA99V

You guys are in the big league:thumbs: I make do with my entry level Nikon.

Starting a course tonight though so hoping to learn and improve on what little skills I have:thumbs:

I'm nowhere near the "big leagues" of photography. :lol:

My camera is the 2nd generation Sony entry DSLR, the a200. But it isn't so much the body that matters as it is the lens and person holding the camera, at least until you get up there with the a77/99 or Markx Canons/Dx Nikons. When you're talking about people that drop a couple thousand per body and keep two or three of them in a bag, that's when you've reached the "big leagues." :lol:

I'm nowhere near the "big leagues" of photography. :lol:

My camera is the 2nd generation Sony entry DSLR, the a200. But it isn't so much the body that matters as it is the lens and person holding the camera, at least until you get up there with the a77/99 or Markx Canons/Dx Nikons. When you're talking about people that drop a couple thousand per body and keep two or three of them in a bag, that's when you've reached the "big leagues." :lol:

Or they just have enormous amounts of money to blow :lol:

I started with an A390 and knew within about 2 months I wanted something a little better. I got the A55 and did notice a little step up in quality but when I see some shots from an A99 I can def see a huge jump in quality.

Last edited:
I think that Pentax 50mm is going to work out rather nicely for me, and the adapter is pretty solid as well. I won't be able to use it much for dark rides, more because its f/2 aperture couldn't really get enough light in SSE even with a 1600 ISO rather than the focal distance, looks like I'll definitely need that extra 0.2 at least for the darker dark rides (I want to try it on Mermaid and GMR, though, since they're brighter than SSE). However, it is going to be a lot of fun using as a macro lens, and close nature photos in general. Really loved what I was doing with it in Epcot, and once I get the manual focusing and aperture control down...I'm excited to see what I can make!

That sounds pretty darn nice. I wonder if there will be a new a6x coming out that will bump the price of the 65 down a little more...that's the camera I've got my eye on for a new camera body.

That sounds pretty darn nice. I wonder if there will be a new a6x coming out that will bump the price of the 65 down a little more...that's the camera I've got my eye on for a new camera body.

After reading the comments on SonyAlphaRumors im not so sure if the A58 is that much of an upgrade. From what I have read its more of an upgrade to the A37. The only thing im curious to see is how the new sensor handles the low light and also to see if the new OELD view finder and auto focus system are worth it. Im getting the A99 next year so do I sell my A55 and move horizontally camera wise now to hold me over? There rumors of an A59 also but havent heard much yet on that so not sure what is happening with the A6 series.

You told the wife you would wait a year:p

I remember what she said but she don't gots to know :-X :lol:

My plan is to sell my A55 and use those proceeds to buy the A58. If I can get around $300-($400 may be a stretch) and the new one might be around $599 with lens and hoping $499 without so I would only be putting out $100-$200 out of pocket so why not. I want to wait until test come out to see if the new sensor truly is better low light. If so ill get it just for that and use that for a year until I go full frame

After reading the comments on SonyAlphaRumors im not so sure if the A58 is that much of an upgrade. From what I have read its more of an upgrade to the A37. The only thing im curious to see is how the new sensor handles the low light and also to see if the new OELD view finder and auto focus system are worth it. Im getting the A99 next year so do I sell my A55 and move horizontally camera wise now to hold me over? There rumors of an A59 also but havent heard much yet on that so not sure what is happening with the A6 series.

When it comes to my A200, any of the newer Alphas offers a decent upgrade. :lol:

I'd just save the money for a really nice G lens, personally, instead of switching over for a little less than a year.

When it comes to my A200, any of the newer Alphas offers a decent upgrade. :lol:

I'd just save the money for a really nice G lens, personally, instead of switching over for a little less than a year.

See but I still will have limitations with my A55 body even if I invested in a G lens. My 5 year plan is to get a full frame and then build off of that with better lenses.

That's what I meant, use the cash from the A55 towards a G lens for the A99.

My dream scenario is a trip to Kenya with either an A99 or Canon 5D with a nice 300+ super telephoto attached...but I'll just keep dreaming. :lol:

That's what I meant, use the cash from the A55 towards a G lens for the A99.

My dream scenario is a trip to Kenya with either an A99 or Canon 5D with a nice 300+ super telephoto attached...but I'll just keep dreaming. :lol:

:lol: Sounds like a fun trip.

I'll wait and see how the A58 test before finally committing. If it handles the low noise better than what I have now it may present a lucrative camera for me.