What do you shoot with? | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

What do you shoot with?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, my only worry is having the fixed hood means if something happens with the hood, its a whole lens issue, can't just pick up a new hood for $10. I'm leaning towards going with the fixed hood, but will think it over tomorrow to make sure I have my order in before B&H closes for a week for Passover/Easter.

I have a nikon D3100 I have the 18-55 Kit lens and a 55-200 Sigma lens.

I am now after something with a wider angle, not got a load to spend.

Any one recomomend a lens for me?

I've still got my eye on the Tamron or Sigma 10-20mm, but at $500 its a little more expensive, but part of me is still weighing the fisheye vs. that. I need to make up my mind by tomorrow morning. :lol:

Love the fisheye, and how it really makes me rethink composition. However, it is also really unforgiving if you don't have it level, and my tripod head is pretty much impossible to level left to right.

So let's see...the Amazon purchase list is likely to grow from two cheap shutter remotes (mine broke the other night at DAK, so I figure I'll buy two this time to be safe, they're only $7 :lol: ) to include a new tripod head, likely a ball head.

Love the fisheye, and how it really makes me rethink composition. However, it is also really unforgiving if you don't have it level, and my tripod head is pretty much impossible to level left to right.

So let's see...the Amazon purchase list is likely to grow from two cheap shutter remotes (mine broke the other night at DAK, so I figure I'll buy two this time to be safe, they're only $7 :lol: ) to include a new tripod head, likely a ball head.

You can always adjust the level in Lightroom. There have been many times Ive had to since when I got home and loaded the picture and notice it was a little slanted :lol:

I never realized how nice it was using a decent tripod and ballhead would be until I bought mine. It really does make it easier to set up and also a lot quicker to adjust.

Mike or anyone really,

Can someone explain to me the difference between the T4i and the newly announced T5i? It looks to be the EXACT same camera with a change coming only to the optics of the lens maybe? Am I missing something here?

Mike or anyone really,

Can someone explain to me the difference between the T4i and the newly announced T5i? It looks to be the EXACT same camera with a change coming only to the optics of the lens maybe? Am I missing something here?

I'm not too familiar with the Canon stuff but from reading here it doenst look like too much is different, a new kit lens and a few minor things. They even said its the least distinct upgrade they have seen In this line. I'd wait for test shots to come out if your looking to buy. If they are the same quality as the 4 I wouldn't buy it. No point spendig the money to move sideways and not an upgrade

http://m.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-700d-rebel-t5i

I did notice it had a new love view of some filter effects. That may help while taking the shot and leaving less guess work

Last edited: