Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 652 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob

I posted the original to Flickr for you

9557112437_2bafe8680c_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/epcot/9557112437/sizes/o/

Last edited:
Reactions: bobwadd
I may have missed it but has anyone found out more info on the so called Goblin area of Diagon Alley? The one depicted in the photo above ^? I was just thinking about this and realized that if there needs to be a kid area in the new wizarding world then I guess a Goblin area would be perfect and one must assume that they would live close to Gringots, right? Makes sense to me even tho this isn't mentioned in the books.

I may have missed it but has anyone found out more info on the so called Goblin area of Diagon Alley? The one depicted in the photo above ^? I was just thinking about this and realized that if there needs to be a kid area in the new wizarding world then I guess a Goblin area would be perfect and one must assume that they would live close to Gringots, right? Makes sense to me even tho this isn't mentioned in the books.

It would be neat to explore a little goblin village, but I thought this is gonna be a show area, sort of like the frog choir stage in Hogsmeade :shrug:

BTW, are the windows they are installing custom or off the rack? They look kind of off-the-rack, which is surprising to me.

I was thinking about the windows yesterday, as well. At first I wondered why they're installing them looking so "raw," but then I figured that it must make more sense to paint and theme them later on once they're all in place. That way they don't waste time and materials if they get damaged in transit or during installation. I think that "raw" look and the stickers (probably to know what goes where and/or to account for them all) is what makes them look off-the-rack.

So, this is kind of breaking redesign news. Many of you here have likely seen the backstage photos of the HE train cabins with the big bump sticking out of one side to accommodate some kind of 3D wizardry. I estimate the depth of those odd bumps to be 4-5 feet beyond the train cabins normal dimensions.

Weeeeeell... looking back at some nefarious digital photos of "things", none of the loading platform buildings, most importantly Kings Cross, was originally designed for that huge bump we see now. The trains were all quite standard widths in said "things" and were set to be maybe 6-12 inches from the opposite wall in the station.

So, each of the stations had to have been reeeee-engineered to handle the additional width of the final solution to the trains biggest effect. I would imagine that the redesigns or modifications happened 4-8 months ago but it might have been longer.

So, this is kind of breaking redesign news. Many of you here have likely seen the backstage photos of the HE train cabins with the big bump sticking out of one side to accommodate some kind of 3D wizardry. I estimate the depth of those odd bumps to be 4-5 feet beyond the train cabins normal dimensions.

Weeeeeell... looking back at some nefarious digital photos of "things", none of the loading platform buildings, most importantly Kings Cross, was originally designed for that huge bump we see now. The trains were all quite standard widths in said "things" and were set to be maybe 6-12 inches from the opposite wall in the station.

So, each of the stations had to have been reeeee-engineered to handle the additional width of the final solution to the trains biggest effect. I would imagine that the redesigns or modifications happened 4-8 months ago but it might have been longer.

Interesting... Seems like something that would have been worked out long before construction. Do you think the effect itself was redesigned? If so, thats pretty surprising. Makes me wish I could could see in depth the conversations and plan phases of Creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.