Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 666 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of trees, maybe?

DSC_0196.JPG

Well, perhaps trees will hide anything to the right of the green lift in the picture above, but it is to the left that I am concerned with. The only thing I can think of is that they will have to theme that corner of the building with diagon style shell buildings... perhaps for 100' from the corner, and to the right.

Hopefully we don't see anything but Craig's glorious world once we pass the entrance. Outside of that, I don't mind *too much about seeing the show building.

* - I might mind a little bit

I am not suggesting it open in parts, I am suggesting they may soft HE earlier than the rest. So it won't be announced, won't be on the map, etc. You would have to happen upon it, unless of course you read this board, then you would know it is open. Which is how they will get enough people on it to test the people moving part. And I don't think it will be months in advance, I am thinking a couple weeks.

I agree that is is very possible to soft open HE before the rest of DA and yet open everything at the same time at the Grand Opening.

that is why "softs" are called "Technical Rehearsals". It's not officially "open".

That is VASTLY different than the FLE's phased opening. Which will NOT happen at Diagon Alley.

It's possible, and I agree with your logic on why. I know how WB and JK were with phase 1, and if they are anything like it with phase 2 I doubt it.

DSC_0196.JPG

Well, perhaps trees will hide anything to the right of the green lift in the picture above, but it is to the left that I am concerned with. The only thing I can think of is that they will have to theme that corner of the building with diagon style shell buildings... perhaps for 100' from the corner, and to the right.

What I'd like to know if if they are just going to leave the backside of Grimmauld Place exposed and leave those stairs viewable to people walking by London, or if they're going to put some trees or other "covering" in place to hide the backside of the buildings. From my understanding, HTF mentioned that the Gringotts show building would be fully visible.

Last edited:
This is a studio theme park still. When you're in the world you'll be immersed in it. When you go outside to the world and around the corner you may see a little sound stage. It works with the overall theme of the park. Please don't start the show building talk anymore. We've went like 3 rounds. When its all done you won't see as much as you do in these pics. Give them time to build!

- - - Updated - - -

I am curious about that staircase though. Isn't that the area where a show is gonna be?

I cannot recall. How much does it cost to take a chopper up and have the door removed? DH or Bri? I only know that to take a chopper up with a tyler mount to film will cost thousands, because I have sat in a tyler mount... to film.

On another note, will someone post some news/insider secrets with quirky hints and drag it out. I actually went to the magic website today to read compelling conversation... and that is sad. :wave:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.