Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today from Orlando Informer....."Universal Studios is closing early for private events and Diagon Alley preparation basically March 30th through April 12th.....The good news is that these cancellations show how Universal is throwing more resources at Diagon Alley to get it opened in June".

I am surprised they are planting such seriously deciduous trees. Those appear to be Sweet Gums? Perhaps? The good news is that they could be Live Oaks that are under a great deal of stress. Live Oaks are deciduous, but they don't lose all their leaves at once, and remain leafy year round. Think Central Park across the way.

Teebin, AKA Mr. Horticulture, approves the new trees now that I see a good pic.

Bj2UWPHCUAA3-ep.jpg

From @UORBuzz on twitter.

Teebin, AKA Mr. Horticulture, approves the new trees now that I see a good pic.

Bj2UWPHCUAA3-ep.jpg

From @UORBuzz on twitter.

Loving the trees. It's really starting to look like a real street now. Does this mean we get to look forward to lovely fall colours once a year along the London waterfront?

Universal could theme a whole 'limited time magic' sort of event around it. Bill it as 'Autumn in London'. :)

yeah, except you won't find any grand autumn foliage moment in Florida. It just doesn't happen very much except for some weird uncultivated trees out in the country.

Disney World has a premise, theory and landscape design about trees... they like to mix deciduous with the evergreen so that people get the warm sun in winter off and on, and have high shade in summer. Has always sounded logical to me.

I know there's a lot going on we can't see but for crying out loud, can we PLEASE get Wyndhams painted! Maybe it's just my OCD but it drives me nuts when things are left unfinished for such a long period of time. However, the streets are coming along nicely so that's a plus. Now where's my Eros fountain...

I know there's a lot going on we can't see but for crying out loud, can we PLEASE get Wyndhams painted! Maybe it's just my OCD but it drives me nuts when things are left unfinished for such a long period of time. However, the streets are coming along nicely so that's a plus. Now where's my Eros fountain...
Piccadilly Square.

Does anyone have any predictions of soft openings? With the park hours being shortened in order to work more on Diagon Alley, and the fact that they end on April 12... What are the odds I'll get to do SOMETHING (even if it's just the walls being down) on April 25 and 26th?
Robert Niles of TPI said that his sources indicated a possibility of softs starting around May 14th. OI yesterday said that Universal was closing Studios early from March 30th through April 12 for a few parties and to do increased work on Diagon. So it looks like Universal has stepped up their schedule to get done in time to take advantage of the summer crowds. Myself, I booked a week at the end of May "gambling" that the softs will be starting early. If not, I'll have to wait till September when I'll be there for two weeks. Like you, I hope that they have the London area open at the very least. That would satisfy me for the May vacation.

Robert Niles of TPI said that his sources indicated a possibility of softs starting around May 14th. OI yesterday said that Universal was closing Studios early from March 30th through April 12 for a few parties and to do increased work on Diagon. So it looks like Universal has stepped up their schedule to get done in time to take advantage of the summer crowds. Myself, I booked a week at the end of May "gambling" that the softs will be starting early. If not, I'll have to wait till September when I'll be there for two weeks. Like you, I hope that they have the London area open at the very least. That would satisfy me for the May vacation.

I'm not buying this the park is closing early to work on the project bit. The parks have been rented out on several of these nights for private events. UCF is March 30th and was able to buy out both parks until 1AM. Their are several other events like Grad Bash with some even private during this time frame as well causing the parks to close earlier than expected. However the areas of concern for Diagon are away from guest zones and don't require the closing of guest walkways during normal business hours. Most of the oh my god panic mode stuff is within the land I bet or even at IOA in the courtyard entry. In addition if there were issues with the London area and its a major time crunch why haven't I seen a single person working on it the last 3 times I was there? Seems like all the workers have been pulled "elsewhere" on the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.