Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 179 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did everyone notice that speakers have been installed in the KC recesses? This sucker is so on schedule now. Once the diagon pavement went in, (two, three weeks ago?) I would bet the decorators decended and many of the windows are decorated by now. Imagine outfitting WWW alone! What a blast...

I was just thinking of the mistaken impression some folks were under about Express @ Cabana Bay.The Studio's are blacked out for power passes until middle of August. How many people will claim ignorance and try to board on IOA side of Hogwarts express and kick up a fuss when denied.

I have preferred passes so I will not be barred .But to stop fussing will they give express to FJ or something similar to smooth ruffled guests

I was just thinking of the mistaken impression some folks were under about Express @ Cabana Bay.The Studio's are blacked out for power passes until middle of August. How many people will claim ignorance and try to board on IOA side of Hogwarts express and kick up a fuss when denied.

I have preferred passes so I will not be barred .But to stop fussing will they give express to FJ or something similar to smooth ruffled guests

People need to read. If you have a pass, you need to know the details. Same goes with the Cabana Bay Resort. If you thought express was included, thats your fault. People always want the info spoon fed to them. Going online,researching or calling takes 5 minutes.

And I dont mean "you" Kevin, I mean the guests. Sorry, this just really irritates me.

Last edited:
People need to read. If you have a pass, you need to know the details. Same goes with the Cabana Bay Resort. If you thought express what included, thats your fault. People always want the info spoon fed to them. Going online,researching or calling takes 5 minutes.

And I dont mean "you" Kevin, I mean the guests. Sorry, this just really irritates me.
I have a hard time faulting guests for thinking they'd get Express. Does the website explicitly say no express? Obviously it would be optimal if people read up more on some things, but if they've stayed on Uni-Property before, they know they got Express included. So if i'm someone who doesn't read up on this stuff daily, the logical assumption is it's included in this hotel too since it's always been included in the past.

Guests can be blamed for not knowing a lot of things, but on opening of a brand new hotel with a policy that conflicts with the rest of Uni resorts, I have a hard time faulting the guest there.

The same thing they will tell the people who purchased a one park pass, the upgrade booth is over there.

I have a hard time faulting guests for thinking they'd get Express. Does the website explicitly say no express? Obviously it would be optimal if people read up more on some things, but if they've stayed on Uni-Property before, they know they got Express included. So if i'm someone who doesn't read up on this stuff daily, the logical assumption is it's included in this hotel too since it's always been included in the past.

Guests can be blamed for not knowing a lot of things, but on opening of a brand new hotel with a policy that conflicts with the rest of Uni resorts, I have a hard time faulting the guest there.

The website does explicitly say they don't get express. It's on the "On-Site Hotel Benefits" page, the same page where you find out the other three hotels do. Your "logical assumption" statement isn't logical at all. Your paying $100 a night instead of $400 a night, that right there should be a logical red flag to check your perks.

Woa... This is the Wizarding World/Diagon thread! Please move your express/Cabana Bay discussion to Cabana Bay.
Two (well now three if you count my Cabana Bay middle section of this post) doesn't really require a "Woa..." And the first of those three posts simply said pass holders should know they need park to park access to ride HE, just like Cabana Bay guests should know they don't get express. So the first was tied right into potter, using Cabana Bay as a comparison.

Kevin, thanks for bringing that up, I actually hadn't even considered blackout days on one park with a power pass. Have they said where the ticket checks would occur? That would be a shame to wait in that line and then find out the park is blacked out right before getting the train, even worse if it was after you got to the other side.

I'm not great at paying attention to the blackouts since I have preferred for parking but the rest of the family has power.

People need to read. If you have a pass, you need to know the details. Same goes with the Cabana Bay Resort. If you thought express was included, thats your fault. People always want the info spoon fed to them. Going online,researching or calling takes 5 minutes.

Much agreed, people need to learn to read all the information.

I have power pass, I am well aware I won't be able to ride HE this summer, but I don't mind ... it will be crazy anyway lol

Anyway, back on topic ... everyone seems to talk either about HE or DA land itself, but has there been any news on Gringotts. Is it on schedule? I know that technologically it will be awesome, I am just hoping that the coaster part will be good as well.

Anyway, back on topic ... everyone seems to talk either about HE or DA land itself, but has there been any news on Gringotts. Is it on schedule? I know that technologically it will be awesome, I am just hoping that the coaster part will be good as well.

It's not really a coaster. If you go in expecting a coaster, you'll be disappointing. There's a drop and a rise, but it's 99% dark ride.

Also, I've heard it may be behind schedule. But we'll have to wait and see on that.

It's not really a coaster. If you go in expecting a coaster, you'll be disappointing. There's a drop and a rise, but it's 99% dark ride.

Also, I've heard it may be behind schedule. But we'll have to wait and see on that.

Thanks! I am pretty much expecting to be disappointed in the coaster part lol Definitely looking forward to the dark ride stuff though :)

What I would love to know is, did they ever build a complete model of the entire phase 2 project? Does it continue to exist? I know they constructed bits and pieces of various elements, but...

I wonder how parents are going to feel about D.A not have a kids ride.

Everyone's complained about New Fantasyland not having something for adults but D.A doesn't have something for the little ones.

Last edited:
I wonder how parents are going to feel about D.A not have a kids ride.

Everyone's complained about New Fantasyland not having something for adults but D.A doesn't have something for the little ones.
The Hogwarts Express is one of the few attractions at Universal that will allow infant lap sitting.

Team members who are opening the ride have a class this sunday. we get fitted for our costumes last week of april. we start training first week of may.

Reactions: badlactose
Status
Not open for further replies.