Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 181 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Part 1 be more exciting? They have more land and money this time.

Maybe he means following the forums during Part 1 was more exciting. Perhaps fans were fed occasional details on a slightly more regular schedule then? Not that that is OU's fault in any way. The fact that Diagon Alley is more secluded and partially covered might play into it.

Last edited:
The original WWOHP thread would blow up in a matter of minutes. They had to make a second thread months before the original WWOHP even opened. It got to 725 pages in one thread. And the second thread for the original WWOHP currently has 1192. And that's excluding spoiler threads, etc.

Things have just been blah throughout this whole process. Nothing like part 1. Hopefully this changes soon.

Well it probably has several factors.

1. The only thing going on back then was the Wizarding World Expansion. Now with Cabana Bay, Transformers last year, water park, CityWalk expansion, Kong and JP talk, and possible 5th hotel; there's other areas where forum discussions are going to take place.

2. Phase 1 was the first time anything Potter happened, so the hype obviously is going to be a lot more because no one knew what to expect. It also doesn't help that most of the exciting things are behind the London facade. With Phase 1, we were able to see everything for the most part. With Phase 2, unless it's a chopper, it's been pretty secretive.

We also knew more about the F.J then we do now of G.B.

This just isn't true.

- - - Updated - - -

With Phase 1, we were able to see everything for the most part. With Phase 2, unless it's a chopper, it's been pretty secretive.
And even then it's difficult.

It doesn't help that they have barely touched the part that we can actually see since the scaffolding came down.

Thanks for those awesome pics, BriMan! :thumbs:

Teebin, I think that right end could get a tree once the berm is finished. At least I hope so. A tree would definitely help hide the soundstage and give the London cityscape a nice, smooth finish.

There were more updates. I would follow OU back in the day. When construction of part 1 went on, some days a thread would jump 15 pages. We also knew more about the F.J then we do now of G.B. Its just getting boring latley, tbh. And its not the fault of Orlando United, everything is just hidden and Universal doesn't share news.

This is a big part of it. Universal just doesn't share news along the way. It's announced.. then some details.. then it's open. And that's it. Meanwhile, I'm not even looking for Mine Train news and I've seen Disney's coverage of them adding trees, adding an animatronic from the old ride, putting finishing touches on the theming, train testing, etc.

Does anybody know who's making Escape From Gringotts, I heard it's Premier Rides (the same company that manufactured Mummy), correct me if I'm wrong. The trains in the concept art look a lot like Mummy.

This just isn't true.

- - - Updated - - -

And even then it's difficult.

It doesn't help that they have barely touched the part that we can actually see since the scaffolding came down.

It is true because we at least knew what the ride car looked liked and how it was going to work. We had seen sneak peeks on the Ellen show months before it had even opened to the public.

It is true because we at least knew what the ride car looked liked and how it was going to work. We had seen sneak peeks on the Ellen show months before it had even opened to the public.

Um, we do know what the ride car is going to look like for Gringott's. TPI released info back in 2011, and Hate has described what the ride was going to be like, and also mentioned which characters would be in the attraction.

We know all of these things and more. Forbidden Journey was largely a mystery until TMs and Media started riding.

And that piece of concept art that Theme Park Insider posted in 2011 and pretty much everything else he posted was dead on balls accurate.

I honestly don't know what more people want to see about Gringotts. Theme Park Insider and HateToFly have literally said it all. From the queue to the end of the ride, we know it all. Maybe that's the problem with this phase, we know everything (for the most part.) And I doubt we learn anything more about Carkitt Market until previews. There was much more speculation for phase 1 and Universal was better at keeping secrets. Pretty much everything we got came from Teebin's riddles and various photo updates (and the chopper.)

Teebin has filled in the blanks for the Carkitt show. Soon we'll get to see the London Embankment come together. That's about it. It's really just a waiting game at this point. Not to mention, the Diagon Website pretty much has a walkthrough of Diagon posted. There are really no mysteries.

The opening date is pretty much the last mystery and even that has kinda been cleared up with the news that training will begin for Gringotts in early May.

What RJ said.

Also, as someone who has a vacation in Orlando booked June 18-27, if you book a vacation based on Hogsmead preview dates or other such things the only person at fault is you.

Sorry, but when I rode FJ the 1st time during initial softs I knew the basic ride system but had no clue what the show scenes would be. We've known Gringotts scene-by-scene for months. Much more detail has leaked this time around...

Will all of this be open by Sept.15? I'll be there for a week......hopefully, things will have died down a bit although I still expect it to be busy......hopefully not "crazy busy". I'm still worried that the 7 Dwarfs coaster at Disney won't be up and running.:blank:

Will all of this be open by Sept.15? I'll be there for a week......hopefully, things will have died down a bit although I still expect it to be busy......hopefully not "crazy busy". I'm still worried that the 7 Dwarfs coaster at Disney won't be up and running.:blank:

It's guaranteed to be done by then.

I make models of theme park attractions for fun, and I plan on making a model of Diagon Alley and Gringotts once it all opens. I'll post pictures here for sure!!!

Mratigan, I would love to see your model. After I finished my Hogwarts model, I started making Diagon Alley. I got Gringotts finished. What other attractions have you made models for?

^ Actual seesaw teeter drop.

Someone, what is the address of the "everything we know" page???? We desperately need that "on tap" on this page. Perhaps the admins could build it into their signatures?

Mratigan, I would love to see your model. After I finished my Hogwarts model, I started making Diagon Alley. I got Gringotts finished. What other attractions have you made models for?
I made cars land, the subs at Disneyland, the log ride at knotts and many others. I'm currently making Despicable Me at USH You see them at my website kolbykonnection.com

Status
Not open for further replies.