Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 180 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Team members who are opening the ride have a class this sunday. we get fitted for our costumes last week of april. we start training first week of may.

Wild, wild, my word, my word... what a crazy surprise... I am blinded by the light of the revelation... *severe sarcasm intended (not toward this post but others that screamed, Henny Penny!)*

Your "logical assumption" statement isn't logical at all. Your paying $100 a night instead of $400 a night, that right there should be a logical red flag to check your perks.
I work front desk at a hotel and i'm studying hospitality at Rosen Hospitality at UCF so I know a thing or two about these types of situations. I deal with guests who don't pay attention to that type of stuff all of the time. In almost every case i'd say it's their fault, but the hotel just opened. They can still be wrong and not get the perk, but i'm not going to stand behind that desk and be annoyed with someone because they didn't know they weren't getting a certain perk when it's Opening Day. There was a few blogger-types in the twitter-verse who seemed to not even know about this just the other day and were surprised by it.

I don't care how expensive the hotel is or how cheap it is, if the perk has always been available to onsite guests, they'll expect to get it. Those who pay $120/night at All-Stars and those who pay $1000+/night at the Poly all still get EMH, MagicBands and can all book FP+ 60 days out. There is no difference there, so that could also play into guests expecting it.

I work front desk at a hotel and i'm studying hospitality at Rosen Hospitality at UCF so I know a thing or two about these types of situations. I deal with guests who don't pay attention to that type of stuff all of the time. In almost every case i'd say it's their fault, but the hotel just opened. They can still be wrong and not get the perk, but i'm not going to stand behind that desk and be annoyed with someone because they didn't know they weren't getting a certain perk when it's Opening Day. There was a few blogger-types in the twitter-verse who seemed to not even know about this just the other day and were surprised by it.

I don't care how expensive the hotel is or how cheap it is, if the perk has always been available to onsite guests, they'll expect to get it. Those who pay $120/night at All-Stars and those who pay $1000+/night at the Poly all still get EMH, MagicBands and can all book FP+ 60 days out. There is no difference there, so that could also play into guests expecting it.

Eh. They made it really clear each time I've made a reservation at Cabana Bay. There ARE perks that you should know are not available with your hotel. When I stay at the All-Star, I already know the monorail will not take me to and from my resort.

Everyone, once this opens, keep your eyes peeled for the Corinthian Gryphons. I believe it may be a new design just for Phase 2.

Hmmm. I wonder if these will be full-scale sculptures keeping guard next to the 'entrance gates' into the London waterfront. Or are they going to be relief sculptures in a bit of architecture?

Wild, wild, my word, my word... what a crazy surprise... I am blinded by the light of the revelation... *severe sarcasm intended (not toward this post but others that screamed, Henny Penny!)*

Wrong thread! Cabana should not be discussed here.

You should be more concerned about posts that add no value (see first post) then three whole posts that go off topic.

What I would love to know is, did they ever build a complete model of the entire phase 2 project? Does it continue to exist? I know they constructed bits and pieces of various elements, but...
I make models of theme park attractions for fun, and I plan on making a model of Diagon Alley and Gringotts once it all opens. I'll post pictures here for sure!!!

You know, I wish there were more leaks this time. I'm extremely excited but the excitement factor is much less this go around on these boards... It'll peak once softs start...

I will add my value against your value here any day of the week. Any time! And this post by you defeats itself in a curious oxymoron sandwich. "And two pair of pants!"

Eh, I'm not the one flipping out over a small side conversation.

Yea, I feel the same way. Part 1 was a lot more exciting.

We're getting the best conceptualized land in the United States. That's pretty damn exciting.

Let's try to get a best guess for opening before April 7th (last day of the Southwest sale lol).
How long can training really take?
Are we looking at end of May for Opening?
How long did Transformers crew training take?
The rumor of May 14th softs seems more likely now. (http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201403/3922/)
Maybe that writing on the wall of Transformers is actually true lol (http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2013...sals-harry-potter-expansion-to-open-may-2014/)

You won't see softs with guests until at least June. Opening definitely won't be before June 15th.

You won't see softs with guests until at least June. Opening definitely won't be before June 15th.

Crap. Really? :stunned: Say it ain't so! :'(

Upon finding a cheap fair to Orlando (as long as tickets were used by June 1), I went ahead and splurged for my 50th birthday and bought round-trip tickets for 2 and booked 3 nights at Royal Pacific the 28-31 of May. I can still cancel the hotel reservation, but there's no way out of those plane tickets.
:violin: I guess this is what happens when a huge HP fan constantly reviews Diagon Alley forums and news and happens upon a few vague hints about possible mid-May soft openings right after getting her larger-than-expected tax refund.

Someone tell me there's the slightest hope I'll be able to ride the Hogwarts Express at the very least.

Never has my signature quote been more appropriate. :embarassed:

Last edited:
Why would Part 1 be more exciting? They have more land and money this time.

There were more updates. I would follow OU back in the day. When construction of part 1 went on, some days a thread would jump 15 pages. We also knew more about the F.J then we do now of G.B. Its just getting boring latley, tbh. And its not the fault of Orlando United, everything is just hidden and Universal doesn't share news.

Status
Not open for further replies.