Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 223 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me how much people still don't know about Gringotts...

Hey forum guests, whether you're Potter fans or just theme park fans, go ahead and join up! We'd love to hear from all of you! :thumbs:

Super fan here, my sister and I wrote an article on muggle net on the Easter eggs when the park first opened.
Love the new pics from WESH, so much detail and from the updates on new merch and food, universal is going to have all my $ because I'm sure I will want it all  excited for another sweets shop I can only hope they bring back canary cremes that they sold for a brief period of time when honey dukes first opened.

I got a ton of great info dumped on me today, portions will be posted on Touringplans and orlandoweekly.

Now here is a thought: what would you think if you never SEE Harry Potter in a ride with his name in the title?...

PS I've heard of the same delays as Derek, though I'm confident they will throw everything necessary at the issue to work it out.

For me, that's OK. I don't need the characters to be in the ride or the land. I like to be in that world and if I meet some of them in a ride that's ok but not a must. For the character obsessed Disney visitors it'll be a mayor let down because the name in the ride kind off make you expect he's in there. If they drop his name it would manage expectations better I think.

Can't wait to see the dragon be installed on there. I don't know if anyone has had a reptile as a pet but they are statue like a lot of the time anyway. The detailing shown in the photo's are amazing but I hope next time they send OU because the quality and sharpness of their media was much better imho. Is the roof of the carrkit area all glass or partially?

So, I received a cryptic pm that suggests that the dolphin fish lamps should be apparent this morning or sometime today. Let us see.

though I'm confident they will throw everything necessary at the issue to work it out.

What is the "issue" and why is everyone being so secretive about it? Are you referring to the choo-choo ride or the nickles and dimes ride? The only thing I can think of is capacity... something isn't switching just right.

Last edited:
It amazes me how much people still don't know about Gringotts...

Well, you aren't giving out insider info to inform them anymore, so...

- - - Updated - - -

So, I received a cryptic pm that suggests that the dolphin fish lamps should be apparent this morning or sometime today. Let us see.

What is the "issue" and why is everyone being so secretive about it? Are you referring to the choo-choo ride or the nickles and dimes ride? The only thing I can think of is capacity... something isn't switching just right.
Switching? You may be on the right track...
I'd love to be more specific but I don't want to burn my sources. Sorry!

I got a ton of great info dumped on me today, portions will be posted on Touringplans and orlandoweekly.

Now here is a thought: what would you think if you never SEE Harry Potter in a ride with his name in the title?...

PS I've heard of the same delays as Derek, though I'm confident they will throw everything necessary at the issue to work it out.

I assume this means we will only hear Harry's voice and maybe see a CGI generated profile or shadow? I had heard we would only hear the main three's voices on HE but I was unaware that we would not be seeing him on Gringott's (although he is looking more and more his age now).
I guess it will still work out the same since he is supposedly rescuing us from within a vehicle. The question now becomes, who all can we actually expect to SEE? Weren't Bellatrix and Voldemort originally rumored for the ride?

I assume this means we will only hear Harry's voice and maybe see a CGI generated profile or shadow? I had heard we would only hear the main three's voices on HE but I was unaware that we would not be seeing him on Gringott's (although he is looking more and more his age now).
I guess it will still work out the same since he is supposedly rescuing us from within a vehicle. The question now becomes, who all can we actually expect to SEE? Weren't Bellatrix and Voldemort originally rumored for the ride?
I have it on good authority that HBC filmed footage, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll be seeing Bellatrix...
Voldemort & his pet are also reportedly in the ride.

The following post is not meant to discount what Seth is saying. He's a very good source. But, I think we need perspective.

We've had these same type of rumors for Forbidden Journey and Transformers. They both opened on time.

^ Yeah, even if have trouble coming up with a perfect fix, they will open the ride. They must. Mummy was a good example of a ride opening sooner than it was completely ready. I am sure a few of you recall why that kept going down over and over again...

I have it on good authority that HBC filmed footage, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll be seeing Bellatrix...
Voldemort & his pet are also reportedly in the ride.

Clever boy.
maxresdefault.jpg

The problem is storywise, doesn't that put events somewhere in the Book 7 territory? I do hope we SEE Voldemort although being in Book 7 may not fit the rest of the land.

The following post is not meant to discount what Seth is saying. He's a very good source. But, I think we need perspective.

We've had these same type of rumors for Forbidden Journey and Transformers. They both opened on time.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)
As I said, I fully expect any issues to be resolved before it affects the late-June opening timeframe (as announced in the recent investors call) no matter how much money & overtime it takes...

The problem is storywise, doesn't that put events somewhere in the Book 7 territory? I do hope we SEE Voldemort although being in Book 7 may not fit the rest of the land.

Maybe by seeing Voldemort, it has to do with maybe Hufflepuff's Cup horcrux in the vault. Like in the films, when one was destroyed, a "vision" of Voldemort appeared. That doesn't really help with the whole timeline thing, but it would make more sense than just Voldemort running around Gringotts chasing us...

Status
Not open for further replies.