Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 224 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I received a cryptic pm that suggests that the dolphin fish lamps should be apparent this morning or sometime today. Let us see.

Stupendous!!!!! I am so very ready to see those sleek, black suckers erected. (When I visited London last summer, I spent so much time examining those lampposts because of this expansion).

- - - Updated - - -

There will be movement, as far as I know.

Really? Awesome! I was resistant to the idea of the dragon at first, but if this thing breathes fire and has movement, I'm pretty okay with it.

For Weasley Wizard Wheezes, will there be an arm that moves and puts that hat on and off the Weasley twins' head like in the movie?

From @DJPezz:

BmfQJHmIAAApKq-.jpg:large

BmfQPbnIYAAQ-2l.jpg:large

:happy:

Whoa! Those lamps look awesome!

Universal Creative doesn't seem to have deviated from the original design in any way,
unlike a lot of the London elements in Phase II (Wyndham facade, for example).

To my untrained eye, they look full-sized. But I will leave it to Teebin's detective skills to confirm if this is the case :)

Last edited:
Whoa! Those lamps look awesome!

Universal Creative doesn't seem to have deviated from the original design in any way,
unlike a lot of the London elements in Phase II (Wyndham facade, for example).

To my untrained eye, they look full-sized. But I will leave it to Teebin's detective skills to confirm if this is the case :)

They are not full-sized, but they are big. Compare the people to the lamps in the pictures below. The first is Uni while the second is the real deal.

the_queens_walk_london2_600x.jpg

When was the second tower crane taken down? I don't recall any pomp about it happening but I am quite sure it hasn't been there for a while.

The Gringotts dome location is frustrating me. It apparently has mounts strong enough to install a mini crane for lifting. The gas tanks on the roof makes me sad... as it implies that stupid dragon is permanent.

There is an inner ring to the domes outer ring area. What is that inner ring all about?

I guess the chopper would have to be directly overhead to capture the narrow staircase to nowhere next to the bank building.

Perhaps the VIP's don't need to see the dome and dragon when they visit?

Oooops... NotPennys posted the notion before me. I dared not mention rotation, as I have not yet figured out the purpose of such a thing.

Why do you think the dragon is stupid? I have all the confidence in the world Universal is going to make the dragon look great!

Last edited:
†Early Park Admission begins one (1) hour prior to regularly scheduled park opening to one (1) Universal Orlando theme park as determined by Universal Orlando. Valid at select attractions at each park[/B].[/B] ^Paid theme park admission required. Benefit not valid for guests staying at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort; available for purchase only. Not valid at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts™, and other select attractions. Not valid at Hogwarts Express. Only valid for the number of guests staying in the room for the length of hotel stay as indicated on the Universal Express Unlimited pass. Available during normal theme park operating hours only. Not valid for separately ticketed special events. Additional restrictions may apply and benefits are subject to change without notice.

Am I reading this correctly? Does it mean that people staying at CBBR get no on site benefits whatsoever? I know you dont get express but I thought early access was a benefit of staying at CBBR? It reads like you maybe able to pay for the benefit too? Iv'e booked CBBR for Sept, Am I going to have to switch hotels to enjoy the early access? Or Pay?

Am I reading this correctly? Does it mean that people staying at CBBR get no on site benefits whatsoever? I know you dont get express but I thought early access was a benefit of staying at CBBR? It reads like you maybe able to pay for the benefit too? Iv'e booked CBBR for Sept, Am I going to have to switch hotels to enjoy the early access? Or Pay?

Cabana Bay has included early access

Status
Not open for further replies.