Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 227 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone :) I did notice that two people had asked whether the Today show would reveal any news on opening today but nobody has replied! Any reason for this?

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to add that all of the pictures do look fantastic but is there any indication when we will finally receive an opening date? I mean its May now haha

Hey everyone :) I did notice that two people had asked whether the Today show would reveal any news on opening today but nobody has replied! Any reason for this?

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to add that all of the pictures do look fantastic but is there any indication when we will finally receive an opening date? I mean its May now haha

Isn't the Today show over already? It's already 10 AM. I don't think anything was revealed, but I didn't watch it.

- - - Updated - - -

Today Show shot last week but we haven't had concreat info on when it will air. Still working on that one.

As someone going in mid June I know it'll be open in some capacity but I'm just anxious to get some dates!

I'm still hearing Gringotts issues are nothing to worry about, if there are any at all. HE has low capacity, but we all knew this going in. Gringotts was designed to have 2200-2400 people per hour. Even if them miss that number initially by a few hundred, the capacity will still be fine, and they'll tweak it continually to get it where it's supposed to be.

just for comparisons sake what is the load capacity for FJ? i know its high just curious

Wow I can't believe that whole fountain is in place- there was nothing there yesterday, lol. I am just amazed at the speed with which some of these things are happening. Maybe I'm just used to Disney construction timeframes, lol.

So from that pic it doesn't look done to me. Isn't the part in the back supposed to go on the part in the front of the pic?

And it is fast because all these things are done offsite and just brought in to be installed. They probably spent months off site working on these things.

I just watched the complete ride thru of the 7 dwarf mine train and it had a total of 2 scenes. Now I like Disney but, really, compared to what Gringotts will have thats just silly. Before it even opens, Diagon has beaten Disney's new fantasy land. I'll spend a whole day in diagon soaking up the atmosphere, I'll spend fifteen minutes walking through fantasy land on my way to haunted mansion.

I just watched the complete ride thru of the 7 dwarf mine train and it had a total of 2 scenes. Now I like Disney but, really, compared to what Gringotts will have thats just silly. Before it even opens, Diagon has beaten Disney's new fantasy land. I'll spend a whole day in diagon soaking up the atmosphere, I'll spend fifteen minutes walking through fantasy land on my way to haunted mansion.

You're comparing 2 different projects. New Fantasyland is fine for what it is.

New fantasyland is for 5 year old girls.... so comparing it to Diagon alley doesn't even really make sense. Tho the fact that this is the latest and greatest from Disney, now that is the sad part.

New fantasyland is for 5 year old girls.... so comparing it to Diagon alley doesn't even really make sense. Tho the fact that this is the latest and greatest from Disney, now that is the sad part.
what I was getting at is New fantasyland was disney's response to WWOHP phase 1, complete with its own special drink. Its not a bad thing but it just doesn't have the same atmosphere that WWOHP has. I know its taboo to say I like Disney's rides more than Uni but I don't really care for high speed coasters and thrill rides and Uni is 90% that. But as far as making a land one can just walk around and enjoy Uni is one upping disney in every way.

Intreesting... the statue that will finish the top of the fountain should not be bronze like the rest. If it's accurate, it will have a pale gray aluminum finish. So, prepare yourselves.

Teebin factoid: The figure on the statue in London was the first large sculpture ever, to be cast in aluminum.

Intreesting... the statue that will finish the top of the fountain should not be bronze like the rest. If it's accurate, it will have a pale gray aluminum finish. So, prepare yourselves.

Teebin factoid: The figure on the statue in London was the first large sculpture ever, to be cast in aluminum.
Teebin, do you happen to know how tall the fountain will be in total? and will it be the same size as the one its based on? I'm just curious.

here's a detail of the base of the lampposts
rg0B2rB.jpg

Reactions: badlactose
Status
Not open for further replies.