Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 228 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here's a detail of the base of the lampposts
rg0B2rB.jpg

Nice! Thanks for the pic! :thumbs:

Wow, that embankment with the lampposts is really going to look more impressive than I thought. And I'm glad they're not keeping Leicester that bright red color that it was- that was a little too bright, hehe.

I stand corrected. Is Anteros there? We need a better close-up of this.

Oops... I misread your question. I thought you were asking if it was supposed to represent Eros. I see now that you were wondering if the dude with the bow and arrow had been placed atop the fountain. My bad and I apologize!

And you might as well call him Eros as everyone else does!

AmusementBuzz posted another update to his site. http://www.amusementbuzz.com/2014/05/may-1-2014-universal-studios/

There are several great shots of the fountain and some up-close detail shots of the lamps:

100_6991.jpg

100_7008.jpg

100_7022.jpg

100_7055.jpg

IMG_3711.jpg

Looks like one of the streetlamps got damaged in the fountain move :(

100_6979.jpg

And Magistra, no the Eros/Anteros statue isn't there yet. I would guess it will be put in place after the body of the fountain is installed on the base.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics, Gambit! Much appreciated! :thumbs:

And thanks for the heads up, GGGhost! :thumbs: Nice update from AmusementBuzz! :cheers:

We're in the home stretch! What an incredibly exciting time!! :happy:

Geeez, I got all concerned until I saw what streetlamp you were talking about...

Yeah... probably one of the lifts.

BTW... did any of you notice that they installed the dolphin lamps before they painted the granite finish coat.

Honestly, these fixtures being installed before painting makes me wince.

+++++++++++++++

And BTW. I believe Al Roker was on a plane this afternoon, because of a comment he posted on twitter regarding airline courtesy. Might he be in Orlando tomorrow morning? I have no idea...

Last edited:
what I was getting at is New fantasyland was disney's response to WWOHP phase 1, complete with its own special drink. Its not a bad thing but it just doesn't have the same atmosphere that WWOHP has. I know its taboo to say I like Disney's rides more than Uni but I don't really care for high speed coasters and thrill rides and Uni is 90% that. But as far as making a land one can just walk around and enjoy Uni is one upping disney in every way.
No. It was not in anyway a response to WWoHP. Did they take a few queues from it and improvise along he way (ex. specialty drink)? Sure. But in no way was this ever intended to be a response to Potter. It was simply meant to increase the capacity of the MK, which has been bursting at the seams in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.