Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 233 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Former railway geek to the rescue! It's a water tower. Neat solution actually.

2362681_6910f811.jpg

From the station used in Philosophers Stone
Goathland+Station.jpg

Great catches, DragonSlayer and ReelJustice! :thumbs: So water tower is definitely what they're going for.

ibuZSfwTIMOn1B.JPG

(Close up of TheLastAshen's pic - Thanks again!)

Former railway geek to the rescue! It's a water tower. Neat solution actually.

Ahh, totally awesome info! Thanks DragonSlayer. Makes perfect sense now. The bounty of members here with such varied areas of knowledge is kind of astounding.

And good find on the station from the film, Reel!

EDIT:

That really is one of the most ingenious examples of repurposing something inconvenient that I've seen in watching all of these projects.

I would have liked to have been in the meeting when someone threw out that idea. I hope they all gave him a slow clap.

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJkI.gif

Last edited:
Not really liking how Hogsmeade station is turning out so far. Looks like something that belongs in Legoland.

^ Yeah. While I haven't stated it before this, I don't believe the stonework on the south station is hand sculpted. It looks like the the cast stone retaining walls that were constructed in NYC in the '40s and '50s. Ugly and repetitive.

So, it probably uses a stamping technique much like concrete walkways.

Nice catch, Felipe! Hopefully someone will get a better angle on it tomorrow.

I wonder if there will be some type of lenticular thing going on so the image appears and disappears as you walk by.

Last edited:
Nice catch, Felipe! Hopefully someone will get a better angle on it tomorrow.

I wonder if there will be some type of lenticular thing going on so the image appears and disappears as you walk by.

I didn't have my camera with me when I was over in front of the facades, just my video camera. You can see the (blank) Leaky Cauldron signage at around 45 seconds into my video from yesterdays update.

[video=youtube;5hf-58bU-b0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hf-58bU-b0[/video]

Reactions: Felipe
Is it just me or does anyone else think that there is still loads of work to be done on this project? Especially looking at Hogsmead station with no landscaping done and the berm which looks like it needs more work done?

- - - Updated - - -

I only ask because I think I remember someone posting that construction workers had to leave soon? I may be wrong though! Hoping we finally hear some sort of opening announcement soon but not holding my breath. Anyone got any idea when it could be announced? Sorry to keep going on about opening but it just annoys me how little is said about it from Universal as of late

Is it just me or does anyone else think that there is still loads of work to be done on this project? Especially looking at Hogsmead station with no landscaping done and the berm which looks like it needs more work done?

- - - Updated - - -

I only ask because I think I remember someone posting that construction workers had to leave soon? I may be wrong though! Hoping we finally hear some sort of opening announcement soon but not holding my breath. Anyone got any idea when it could be announced? Sorry to keep going on about opening but it just annoys me how little is said about it from Universal as of late

There's certainly still work to do. Loads? I don't think so, but the work left just requires more man power thrown at it for the most part.

As for an announcement, you will never get soft openings announced. They will randomly happen. Grand opening should be announced soon. Theoretically.

Status
Not open for further replies.